Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Horde - Evil Robot prototype

Quote Originally Posted by AnnnaMot
    could this be a fake? photoshoped ?
    difficult to know that...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34
    those aren't horde symbols, those are butterflies, he's not evil, he's a friend of flutterina
    Imagine if this thing was produced? fill the container
    with rubbing alcohol and have lighter it would be a flame thrower
    Flame On

Quote Originally Posted by spikor66
    Imagine if this thing was produced? fill the container
    with rubbing alcohol and have lighter it would be a flame thrower
    Flame On
    imagine with he-ro and eldor in same container

have you noticed that neither GOKU or Peter have posted in this thread?

wat up guys, post some info on this please. imo, i think you know nothing of this other than the fact that you have this pic in a catalog and was as just as surprised as we were
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Here it is another prototype (rough version!) of ENTWINER:

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...382;sbiID=7977

The picture came from the 1988er MATTEL France catalog!

Quote Originally Posted by preternia
    Here it is another prototype (rough version!) of ENTWINER:

http://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin/...382;sbiID=7977

The picture came from the 1988er MATTEL France catalog!

Okay, I remember seeing that before... this is frankly the most bizarre catalogue item ever! I mean, it's wood and plastic and does not even remotely resemble ANYTHING MOTU... LOL! I guess this was just to show what the gimmick would basically be... because this can not be the finished product! I wonder what the finalized product would have looked like. It seems like a playset type of thing, along the lines of Slime Pit.
    Last edited by zodak74; January 28, 2005 at 06:33pm.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I think it was a plan to release this toy... There is a name ENTWINER and there is also the Item-No. 7260 and I count it as a prototype like HE-RO, ELDOR, GYRATTACKER.. the difference is only here the rough version without a design!

Most of the designed toys looks great on pictures, but most of them have no action-feature, like the original version!

Quote Originally Posted by preternia
    I think it was a plan to release this toy... There is a name ENTWINER and there is also the Item-No. 7260 and I count it as a prototype like HE-RO, ELDOR, GYRATTACKER.. the difference is only here the rough version without a design!

Most of the designed toys looks great on pictures, but most of them have no action-feature, like the original version!

Do you have any other pictures from the catalogue? Perhaps of He-Ro, Eldor or the Gyrattacker?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Yes, I have.. these are from the US catalog MATTEL 1987 - the pictures are same as from presented here in he-man.org!

Methinks someone should try to do a custom of that Entwiner prototype.
    "I hate people who quote themselves. They're stupid." - Me

hmmm actually in the text it says that this robot belongs to skeletor's troops

no evil horde support, guys ... although it has the bat symbol stickers on it :-)
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Goku
    I am going to find out more about the figure and will write an article about it. There is a Mattel number on the ad. I'll post the article on www.eternian.com article section when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Well, I think someone earlier in this thread remarked that it looks similar to the cartoon's version of the Monstroids, so you can speculate on that....
    Personally, I'm beginning to see a slight, vague similarity between him and Mosquitor. Just look at the weird blocky boots, and try to imagine a stinger at the end of his face...
    That was my first thought, too
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The bunny.
    Add him to your signature.
    Help him rule the world.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku
    I am going to find out more about the figure and will write an article about it. There is a Mattel number on the ad. I'll post the article on www.eternian.com article section when I do.
    Good luck finding anything about this thing
    but highly doubt it? you will , Mattel likes to play the dumb part

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku
    There is a Mattel number on the ad.
    I would be AMAZED if that number was still in service, let alone still went to the right department..

The page says "New in 85." That was 20 years ago..

Dr. Omega

Previously unseen vintage figure!!

Found this pic at eternian.com and I have never seen this figure before, sorry if it has been seen before.

From the looks of it I think this was pre Horde because it states its Skeletor's robot not Hordaks, But its interesting that it has the Horde logo so maybe they were planning on using that as a new logo for Skeletor before they decided to introduce Hordak.

Bang your head!!!
    BLAH!!!!

Message to the mods. I think the "Search" icon should be in flash colors and larger text...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

sorry man, someone beat you to it, it's even only a few threads down on this page

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=113206
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179
    BLAH!!!!

Message to the mods. I think the "Search" icon should be in flash colors and larger text...
    Does anyone ever use the search option before posting? If I have news I think is new, I post it.

Heroic Warrior
    Jeez people it was an honest mistake not the end of the world. As some have less politely stated, its already been posted. But thanks for trying to give us a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eternos
    If I have news I think is new, I post it.

Ditto. I think people need to calm down a bit instead of being so aggressive when somebody makes a harmless mistake. The dude's excited because he found something cool, that's all... and it IS a cool find, huh? I wish they would have gone ahead and released this thing. Would have been a cool little army builder

The head on that thing reminds me of the Windraider for some reason.

LOL, I can't believe ppl are still posting to this thread.

It's UUUUUUGLY! End of story!

Actually... I just noticed something...

the ad for our gobot dinosaur here says "Advertised on TV!" Did anyone ever see an advertisement for this guy?
    Last edited by jenius; February 13, 2005 at 09:27pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Carlo....why must you request I post informatin about this item on this site.... I have so much better to do with my time

Isn't this enough that I gave Jean the picture of this to post on his website......or is it more of a surprise that I ahve had this picture since 1997 and just not shared it with anyone......

OK....enough of the funny talk....what is this toy? This was included as a late addition to the 1985 Mattel USA catelog. It was in a seperate single page section which included multiple items from a few different Mattel lines which seem to all be "TV ADVERTISING" products for that year. So it is my belief that these seperate pages came from a promotional catelog showing which items had scheduled advertising. Some other items that were promoted in this fashion were the Meteorbs, and also to my knowledge an unreleased Masters of the Universe Carrying case. The seperate page which talks about these is dated 1986 and clearly states "Availible in 86". Now since both the Evil Robot and the carrying case both seem to be unproduced, I believe Mattel had designated certain items as "HOT" items which they wanted to push on TV. After pitching these products to retailers the relized certain items weren;t being looked on favorably (look at the wide range of feeling in this thread about this Evil Robot). Therefore those items which were being frowned upon were dropped from the product line.....

Make Sense to Everyone?

Now I'm sure everyone wants to see the Meteorbs sections and also the Carrying Case which I am talking about........so here is my dilema.....should I post the picture?

Heroic Warrior
    hope these pictures come out ok. I don;t ahve webspace, and this site gives you NO space to upload detailed photos!

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images