Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 138

Thread: Evil Horde - Evil Robot prototype

  1. #76
    Techno Pirate Wannabe jenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    IOWhere?
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Now I'm sure everyone wants to see the Meteorbs sections and also the Carrying Case which I am talking about........so here is my dilema.....should I post the picture?
    Should you?!?

    Do old ladies sit on park benches with their legs open?

  2. #77
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    Carlo....why must you request I post informatin about this item on this site.... I have so much better to do with my time

    Now I'm sure everyone wants to see the Meteorbs sections and also the Carrying Case which I am talking about........so here is my dilema.....should I post the picture?
    you might as well, i obiviously got you to have taken and wasted enough of your time to post about the entire history from your knowledge of the evil robot all the way since 1997
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,215
    You know its odd, it looks so cheap and stupid, yet it is really cool and i totally want one and wish it was made.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior Frankos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,584
    Awsome!
    We need better quality scans!

  5. #80
    LittleSpinny TOKYONEVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Funky France
    Posts
    1,994
    Thx peter

  6. #81
    Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Posts
    2,744
    It's nice to know, for historical purposes, but I would definately NOT want one. They put little to no thought into the design. It looks like a lemur threw a bunch of legos together! Look at it and tell me it would fit into the line? And some people feel that Snout Spout and Rio Blast didn't belong?

    To quote Val, it's craptastic!

    Last edited by Razzbel; March 10, 2005 at 05:42pm.
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    1,735
    This is a unique figure that never got produced. I thought I had seen a custom of this figure made. I looked around but could not find it. Does anyone know who made it? Or where that custom thread lurks?

  8. #83
    Merchandise Collector jmb410s's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYMOTUFAN View Post
    This is a unique figure that never got produced. I thought I had seen a custom of this figure made. I looked around but could not find it. Does anyone know who made it? Or where that custom thread lurks?
    Here ya go

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t=custom+robot
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

  9. #84
    NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,913
    i always thought this horde evil robot was kinda lame, if mass produced i have no doubt it would be the cheapest figure of nowadays, but since is a proto i crave for one hehehe

  10. #85
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493

    Evil Robot?

    Obviously, I haven't been on these boards in a good few years, so I'm playing catch up quite a bit...

    I just wondered, has the mystery behind the Evil Robot toy ever been revealed? - I was always fascinated by such a bizarre looking action figure...

    Did we ever find out which Mattel catalogue he appeared in?






  11. #86
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,109
    I actually started a support thread for this guy in MOTUC.

    I believe (but I'm not entirely sure) that these pictures come from the same internal trade catalogue that the picture of Gigantisaur, the unreleased Powers of Grayskull dinosaur as well as the pictures of the Gyrattacker, the unreleased vehicle that would have "launched" Rotar and Twistoid.

  12. #87
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I believe (but I'm not entirely sure) that these pictures come from the same internal trade catalogue that the picture of Gigantisaur, the unreleased Powers of Grayskull dinosaur as well as the pictures of the Gyrattacker, the unreleased vehicle that would have "launched" Rotar and Twistoid.
    I actually own that catalogue - I managed to pick it up in the late nineties - Sadly, he doesn't make an appearance within its pages...

  13. #88
    Master of Dreams Sandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,109
    Curses! I'd hoped it was that one because I have all those pictures archived in the same folder from the old .org. Unfortunately I don't have the original thread saved, it was many many years ago! Hopefully some other .orger has a much better memory than me and can identify the catalog you need.

    Oh, also, another tidbit. The mould used to make the Evil Robot Prototype was apparently taken from an existing "transformers" type toy. You can see pictures of the existing toy and compare it with the Evil Robot in this thread over on Grayskull Museum. Quite interesting in my opinion.

  14. #89
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Oh, also, another tidbit. The mould used to make the Evil Robot Prototype was apparently taken from an existing "transformers" type toy. You can see pictures of the existing toy and compare it with the Evil Robot in this thread over on Grayskull Museum. Quite interesting in my opinion.
    THANK YOU for the link - Man, that custom (presuming it is a custom) is AMAZING!

  15. #90
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    if you look at your first pic busta,

    it says New! 85,

    so it would be the 1985 catalog
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  16. #91
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    if you look at your first pic busta,
    it says New! 85,
    so it would be the 1985 catalog
    LOL - I saw that, but I wasn't sure if that meant it was a 1984 catalogue and the figure was to be released in 1985; or if it was just in the 1985 catalogue...

    The other thing is that I'd like someone with one of the catalogues to confirm that it has appeared at all...

    I thought more collectors would own these catalogues...

  17. #92
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    not sure, but i think it appeared in a special promotional catalog or maybe it was just not placed in the toy fair 1985 catalog at the last moment when mattel knew this figure is fugly so maybe this pic was found in a vault of old promos??



    the new 85 logo is the same as in the 85 catalog that i have, but the evil robot is not picture in there.

    pete laRose would know more on this as i believe he is the one who posted this pic on evil robot

    hope pete is still browsing the forums, not seen him in awhile.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    776
    Hey carlo..... Long time buddy.... I was at Comic Con and I was hoping to see you in the crowd, but I must have missed ya...

    Ok onto the Robot... This was a supplemental insert to the 1985 (I think) catalog. This was NOT within the pages that were bound within this book. This was an additional page that was added (I am assuming) after the printing was completed of the full book. There was also an insert page for Meteorbs, Secret Wars items, and unproduced MOTU Jumbo Carrying case (different from the production version we all love).... I hope this helps. For anyone interested I do sell full color copies (high quality) of both the METEORBS and HORDE ROBOT on my website www.toysandtoons.com I'll check tonight to make sure I still have both listed for sale and if not I'll relist and go make some more copies.....

  19. #94
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok onto the Robot... This was a supplemental insert to the 1985 (I think) catalog. This was NOT within the pages that were bound within this book. This was an additional page that was added (I am assuming) after the printing was completed of the full book.
    Cool - I did wonder where the mysterious page came from!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There was also an insert page for Meteorbs, Secret Wars items, and unproduced MOTU Jumbo Carrying case (different from the production version we all love).... I hope this helps. For anyone interested I do sell full color copies (high quality) of both the METEORBS and HORDE ROBOT on my website www.toysandtoons.com I'll check tonight to make sure I still have both listed for sale and if not I'll relist and go make some more copies.....
    I just checked out the website - I may pick up a copy of the Horde Robot page - However, I have seen one particular He-Man item that I have to get my hands on - I'll be in touch, Pete!

  20. #95
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    hey pete.. damn bud, you were at comic con.. u should have e-mailed me

    thanks for the info.

    makes sense now on the robot. i also have a supplemental mattel pages of 1984 special releases and i believe it was for department store releases like jc penny, sears, etc. for motu it has the herioc warriors and evil warriors 3 pack gift set releases among other toys.

    need to dig it up.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

  21. #96
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    I wish someone, somewhere would list the figures/prototypes that appeared in each of the Mattel catalogues...

    I still remember this one catalogue I saw in my local toy store back in the day (I'm pretty sure it had the Masters of the Universe logo on the front against an orange/yellow background); inside it had the much-seen prototypes of certain figures, but I'm SURE there was a rarely-seen prototype of Webstor (amongst others)...

    One day, I'll find it again!

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior okydoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,046
    I have the prototype:



    Just kidding...it's a custom. Leo Skeletor has the original:



    Kidding again!

    Curious thing, this other toy has the same body (stolen idea from Mattel?):



    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

    My pictures and albums

    Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

  23. #98
    AKA James Eatock Busta Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,493
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    I have the prototype:
    Just kidding...it's a custom. Leo Skeletor has the original:
    Kidding again!
    Curious thing, this other toy has the same body (stolen idea from Mattel?):
    Thanks for posting the pictures, but Sandman beat you to it by posting the link nine posts earlier!

    REALLY nice custom though - How much did that set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior okydoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures, but Sandman beat you to it by posting the link nine posts earlier!

    REALLY nice custom though - How much did that set you back (if you don't mind me asking)?
    Thanks dude! I don't mind. I purchased it last year for $150. I didn't mind because the base (Italian toy) is nearly impossible to find in order to make this custom.

    Ruben's custom is much nicer though (cleaner paint job) and he's had it for the longest time. (I wonder how much did it set him back).
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

    My pictures and albums

    Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

  25. #100
    Human Mutant Power! carlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    9,437
    wow, that is a total knock off / rip off figure from the original one.

    hmm, could be one of the reasons why it was never released?!

    or the fact that the figure is just ridiculous. i mean seriously.

    its just a lego looking object
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

    Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •