Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Evil Horde - Evil Robot prototype

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    wow, that is a total knock off / rip off figure from the original one.

hmm, could be one of the reasons why it was never released?!

or the fact that the figure is just ridiculous. i mean seriously.

its just a lego looking object
    I think it's more of a transformers / autobots knockoff.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

I would love to see an updated version of EVIL ROBOT for MOTUC someday. That said, I really hope they give him a name, with evil robot just being the description on the box "ie: evil robot of Skeletor!"

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    So hes part of the Evil Warriors, but he has Horde insignia all over him? Kinda weird, huh? Maybe Skeletor stole him from Hordak and reprogrammed him?

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    So hes part of the Evil Warriors, but he has Horde insignia all over him? Kinda weird, huh? Maybe Skeletor stole him from Hordak and reprogrammed him?
    I'll buy that story!

Skeletor was probably ****** that Modulok defected to the Evil Horde, and this was his act of vengeance...

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    the robot toy that the "evil robot" was made from is actually an arco product which is a division of mattel. arco was in charge of most wind up/water things mattel had interest in making.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    UNBELIEVABLE!!! We now know the destiny of the Evil Robot!! 0_0

So they actually used the mold... Wow. This will really help the 4H when they make him in MotuC! Could someone please gather not just the pictures and bio of Evil Robot, but info and pics of the final Arco water-bot, and send them to Toyguru??

I think, that Mattel may not have this info or the corresponding material in their possesion anymore, so we better do it if we want an accurate MotuC Evil Robot.

Also, am I the only one that thinks this Evil Robot was partially used as a concept-step basis towards creating MOSQUITOR?

Think about it... look at Mosquitors boots, and arms. There's a clear similarity in design to this concept-bot. And their heads... the shape is similar, and the colour of said head as well.

I think what eventually happened was something similar to the jester that could swap his head for a snake-head, with a really long tongue. Eventually, part of that concept was split off to merge with a multi-snake creature, to form King Hiss, and the rest was used to create Tongue Lashor.

A similar thing happened with Evil Sorceress, a sort of ambiguous, treacherous and somewhat neutral character, that was supposed to have dealings with both He-man and Skeletor. Someone the kids would never quite know if she was good or bad.

Evil Sorceress was eventually splitt off into mostly the Goddess, but some parts of her was used to develop Evil Lyn as well.

That's what I think happened to Evil Robot. He evolved into TWO characters, Mosquitor and Water-bot.

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    Thanks dude! I don't mind. I purchased it last year for $150. I didn't mind because the base (Italian toy) is nearly impossible to find in order to make this custom.

Ruben's custom is much nicer though (cleaner paint job) and he's had it for the longest time. (I wonder how much did it set him back).
    I finally have that Italian toy!
    Since the first time I saw that picture of him loose I did strive to find it!
    I am very happy I finally got it! It is extremely unkonown anonymous and HARD TO FIND!

http://theuniverseofmasters.blogspot...haracther.html

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it; October 13, 2011 at 03:57pm.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Was that the one that was just on ebay? If so, then I was the second highest bidder.... Cool to see it went to a known collector though!

Widget
    Yes, i think this was the one.

Wow, It is amazingly identic in shape. It is a pitty!! As a horde superlover and fan I would have wanted in my exposition room as I have seen in other members exposition ones. I think some of you had it custom made perfectly identic. Am I right?

Heroic Warrior
    could this be the toy representation of the robot assault walker mentioned in "The Arena" Season 2 episode 16 when Skeletor is meeting With the Goblin army?

^You see to much cartoons LOL

We can image that it is... LOL
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Wow, kind of surprising how similar both of those are!

I would buy that in the classics line! lol just so weird looking.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    There is one on Ebay right now if anyone is interested. I was considering buying one then casting all the parts for customs.

It's smaller than the actual prototype figure and too expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    It's smaller than the actual prototype figure and too expensive...
    It is not smaller than a prototype.
    I have no idea where that came from...just from someone's impression from the picture?
    It is the same mold and they can't be different size.

That's child's hand on the picture with the prototype, and even if you scale it up to fit the size of adult hand (fingers), still it would be smaller than standard vintage MOTU figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    It is not smaller than a prototype.
    I have no idea where that came from...just from someone's impression from the picture?
    It is the same mold and they can't be different size.

That's child's hand on the picture with the prototype, and even if you scale it up to fit the size of adult hand (fingers), still it would be smaller than standard vintage MOTU figure.
    Yes it is smaller because I had a custom that was done from a mold of a copy of the prototype and it's just a little smaller than the actual figure a bit smaller not drastically.......

Yes, the robot is smaller than regular vintage MOTU figure, but the prototype is smaller too, that's what I am saying.
    Prototype is not tall as regular MOTU figure but it is small as that robot which was produced later from the same mold (they are the same size, and both smaller than standard MOTU figures).
    So making a custom from that robot would be the same size as prototype.

Yes, the robot is smaller than regular vintage MOTU figure, but the prototype is smaller too, that's what I am saying.
    Prototype is not tall as regular MOTU figure but it is small as that robot which was produced later from the same mold (they are the same size, and both smaller than standard MOTU figures).
    So making a custom from that robot would be the same size as prototype.
    Really??? I actually HAVE one to compare:

The first picture is mine the next picture is of a more fine tuned machined custom made from the original

This taken from a prototype (or the prototype) of the figure about 10-15 years ago that I got from someone in Europe and the quality of the figure itself is not perfect but it is NOT the same figure. Knock Off companies change the mold even make it smaller to cut costs so and you can see the differences between the two because the robot does NOT use all of the parts..I don't why people have to argue the point when someone else has IN HANDS proof to back themselves up...

COOL!
    But wrong proof in your hands.

Your prototype is NOT the same as the one published in the catalog. The ones published in the catalog are the closest to the produced figures, so maybe they change it's size during that time while it was still MOTU prototype, and they maybe even made some molds for it since it was very close to the production....

I scale that up to make hand in scale with mine ( I am an adult ) and even in that case it is smaller than regular MOTU figure.

here is some quick comparison of differences between your (probably early prototype) and the final design prototype from the catalog...clearly almost all parts were resculpted for the later one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Mantisaur82; November 23, 2012 at 06:40pm.

COOL!
    But wrong proof in your hands.

Your prototype is NOT the same as the one published in the catalog. The ones published in the catalog are the closest to the produced figures, so maybe they change it's size during that time while it was still MOTU prototype, and they maybe even made some molds for it since it was very close to the production....

I scale that up to make hand in scale with mine ( I am an adult ) and even in that case it is smaller than regular MOTU figure.

here is some quick comparison of differences between your (probably early prototype) and the final design prototype from the catalog...clearly almost all parts were resculpted for the later one.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2969/evilrobot.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Unless you have the actual prototype how can you REALLY know???

And why is it that important to you??? I am saying that I have IN HAND a copy/custom of the prototype your going by pictures...Besides the size of the prototype (Either one) Is NOT the same figure/size as the one that became the red/white & blue robot it's smaller and uses different parts...

It is not "so important" to me but neither of us have good proof for the prototype from catalog.

Oh, and I apologize if I didn't get that part right, your custom is based on that published prototype?
    Is it directly copied form the original or it is made using photos of that one and measurements from the one you already have?

Oh, and I apologize if I didn't get that part right, your custom is based on that published prototype?
    Is it directly copied form the original or it is made using photos of that one and measurements from the one you already have?
    Once again you don't have any proof besides pictures I bought this from a reliable source 10-15 years ago in Europe where he said it was made from the prototype and showed me pictures...(It was the same) Now I didn't think I would have to save those pictures to prove to some guy that never even had ANY type of the original,copy or the robot that was based on the Evil Robot...Oh and ask the guy here that made that second version what he used as a base bet you any ammount it would be the same size & thickness as mine..I don't know why your are arguing a point when you have no concrete proof except a picture that is not in scale ever...

Oh and nice touch on comparing the pictures even though I told you mine was not a master copy the second picture was more professional done...Nice try
    Last edited by Megalodon; November 23, 2012 at 08:12pm.

I already owned "an" italian knock-off version loose on my side and I compared to the Mattel's prototype Evil Robot pictured on the catalog sheet and I confirm that all parts are exactly the same ones (excepted the head of course).
    I am saying "an" because different versions of the bootleg are existing/ some of them have plastic parts and colors changing, but I can just confirm one thing: all of them have the same size.
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; November 23, 2012 at 08:59pm.