View Poll Results: Are the movie figures relevant?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 90.48%
  • No Way!

2 9.52%

Thread: The Movie Figures, Good or Bad?

The Movie Figures, Good or Bad?

Do the three movie figures have a home in your MOTU collection? I am new to collecting MOTU figures and I just recently picked up a complete w/ mini comic Gwildor. I have to say the figure is pretty lame. The Cosmic Key is psuedo cool though. Are Gwildor, Saurod, & Blade a must have?

Blade is for me at least. I am excited to see how the Horsemen hand Gwildor and Saurod.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    For me, it's a big 'no.' I went to the movie when it opened, and it never really did anything for me. Likewise, the movie figures did absolutely nothing for me. I don't find them relevant, and they have no place in my collection.

However, I have a friend who has one of the actual Cosmic Key props, on display in her vintage toy shop, and THAT is impressive in person!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    For me, it's a big 'no.' I went to the movie when it opened, and it never really did anything for me. Likewise, the movie figures did absolutely nothing for me. I don't find them relevant, and they have no place in my collection.

However, I have a friend who has one of the actual Cosmic Key props, on display in her vintage toy shop, and THAT is impressive in person!
    I think the Cosmic Key is pretty cool, it would have a good place in any of the story lines, Filmation, Modern, Comic Book, whatever. I have this Gwildor sitting on my desk here at work and it is just hideous. Total money making scheme on Mattell's part. The prices that a complete Saurod fetches is absurd as well. But now that I have Gwildor I feel obligated to get Blade & Saurod

I like VERY MUCH Gwildor and Saurod. Blade is okay, but I don't find anything interesting about him.

All 3 are essential to my collection. Blade and Gwildor are actually two of my favorite characters.

The movie isn't for everybody, but if you can understand the budget/technology restraints they had to deal with, it's a pretty well done movie.

If you have the skills to go toe-to-toe with He-Man and actually want to (Blade) then you're pretty bad-ass in my book. Also, if you create something with as much potential as the Cosmic Key (Gwildor), then you shouldn't be overlooked in the MOTU mythos. As for Saurod, he doesn't do much other than get blasted into oblivion, but he looks pretty cool!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Relevant? Those figures are ICONIC !

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Relevant? Those figures are ICONIC !
    I agree. Blade is one of the coolest Evil Warriors ever. Saurod has a good sculpt and neat action feature. And Gwildor is a nice complimentary figure to the Heroic Warriors.

I really dig Saurod and Blade. Both cool figures, and will be awesome classics in the future. Gwildor was stupid IMO, but the cosmic key is great. I own all three, basically forced to get gwildor so I had all three movie figures.
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, Filmation hordak, horde trooper(s), sky high, Kevin kosse heads

I don`t like the movie and I don`t like the characters from it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter