View Poll Results: Princess of Power, yay or nay?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay! She-Ra rules and MotU wouldn't have been the same without her.

120 59.70%
  • Nay! She-Ra is an embarrasment to the MotU mythos.

19 9.45%
  • I don't mind She-Ra and/or PoP.

33 16.42%
  • I don't hate PoP, but I'm certainly not a big fan.

26 12.94%
  • I don't care either way.

3 1.49%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra, yay or nay?

She-Ra, yay or nay?

This is my first poll. I was just wondering where the majority of Classic MotU fans stand. Are you a fan of She-Ra and Pop or do you wish they never got tied in with the MotU mythos?

Let's not fight about it. Just offer your opinion, please. I'm curious.

Just for the record: my vote is nay.

dude, get over it. She-ra will never ever EVER EVER go away no matter how much you despise her! GEEZ!

you made you point before..why continue this? maybe you can write the author and tell him how much you dont want POP in His book!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I say YAY. I don't really think anything that was introduced toy-wise really took away from MOTU, only expanded it (and yeah- IMO that goes for the meteorbs too! LOL...).
    I used to have issues with the cartoon series (which you sort of have to seperate from the actual toylines, sometimes) as it didn't quite go the way I wanted it to, but as a big ol' adult now- I have to say- the 2002 MOTU toyline seems very incomplete without a REAL She-Ra figure (sorry the exclusive last year doesn't cut it for me...) and some of her sidekicks and villians included. And yeah- it does suck that PoP didn't get a comeback cartoon or comic. Anyhow when I was a kid, I played with all the PoP and MOTU toys together. For example, Catra was always right there with the Horde (sometimes with Skeletor!), and Sweet Bee was always fighting alongside Buzz-Off. They are inseperable for me. That said, I can also understand why people hate it so much.
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by carlo

dude, get over it. She-ra will never ever EVER EVER go away no matter how much you despise her! GEEZ!

you made you point before..why continue this? maybe you can write the author and tell him how much you dont want POP in His book!
    Dude, I deleted my posts from the other thread and started this one so I wouldn't start a big war on that one. This is simply a poll. I even stated I didn't want to start any kind of fight.

Why don't you relax, Carlos?
    Last edited by Hamato Yoshi; February 4, 2005 at 03:59pm.

Skeletje
    It seems you are a bit of a She-ra hater. You also feel that she-ra shouldn't be included in the new motu book.
    Motu= Masters of the universe and all she-ra characters are (like it are not) also masters of the universe. It would be wrong if they would not be included in that book, if the writers would not include the she-ra characters it would be a motu book only covering the part for boys so that wouldn't make any sense.
    I remember that I liked it when she-ra suddenly made her appearance in the cartoon. I think your opinion is a bit discriminating but you are entitled to have your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi
    This is my first poll. I was just wondering where the majority of Classic MotU fans stand. Are you a fan of She-Ra and Pop or do you wish they never got tied in with the MotU mythos?

Heroic Warrior
    She-ra really belongs to MOTU in my opinion.
    Just recently I got the opportunity to watch nearly all of the She-Ra cartoons, and most of them are even better than I could remember them from my childhood.
    The atmosphere is the same, the humor is the same (maybe a bit more),
    even he-man and skeletor etc appear regularly!
    I think the cartoon really is a part of motu that is essential, it also solves some he-man related questions.

I think the toys (not the villans) are really girl orientated, I don't linke them that much but I still collect them becuase the Horde would get bored without them.
    You can also clearly see that the focuss on the toys is the fashion/the clothes, but the cartoon doesn't pay much attention to that.
    Considering She-Ra as a marketing tool to interest more girls in mattel's toys, it has turned out pretty good!
    Without She-ra no masters of the universe!!!!!!

Um, I'm confused dude. If you hate She-Ra so much then why does your avatar has "She Ra" on it???

And why the are you using Carlo's pic???

Bizarre.

Peace out.

Dude, I deleted my posts from the other thread and started this one so I wouldn't start a big war on that one. This is simply a poll. I even stated I didn't want to start any kind of fight.

i'm cool, i just find it funny that you needed to make a thread about this right after the fact that you bashed POP fans in the other thread

Nice avatar btw, looks like I really got your attn for you to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Scare_Glower
    Um, I'm confused dude. If you hate She-Ra so much then why does your avatar has "She Ra" on it???

And why the are you using Carlo's pic???

Bizarre
    it started in this thread my friend.., you'll realize why he has that avatar

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&postcount=88

Heroic Warrior
    Remember Princess of Power is direct rip off" of the Golden Girl line.
    Nay it's to be put away in the closet forgotton forever, and never remembered.
    just as an a after thought.
    like Barn Yard Commando's

you're obiviously the one who's lonely...you need me to respond to your post
    Hey carlos never realised you were a clone....
    I thought that Hamato Yoshi was you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy
    Hey carlos never realised you were a clone....
    I thought that Hamato Yoshi was you!!
    but, who is the real DA Man?

MOTU without She-Ra is like Batman without Batgirl - she's a part of it, get used to it.

She's He-Man's sister, fact.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

YEAH Carlo, damn instigator, She-Ra sux, she killed the franchise imho, we should just do the honorable thing and forget she ever existed....

btw did you still want me to fix that she-ra poster for you Carlo?
    Last edited by Caesar; February 5, 2005 at 03:30pm.

I like She-Ra. I think she added an extra dimension to the MOTU universe. Plus, we get some of the best Sorceress stuff in Secret of the Sword.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

hecks shyeah!!

i loooove she-ra!!! so yeah im glad they made her!!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    you're obiviously the one who's lonely...you need me to respond to your post
    NO, but you are a case study for my cousin who taking Psychology.
    10 pages so far keep up the good work
    Last edited by spikor66; February 5, 2005 at 04:18pm.

She-Raaaaaaaa.....

I liked her, gave me a common ground with this girl I liked when I was little

I obviously took the road that said She-Ra was He-Man's girlfriend instead of sister

Oh yeah, and spikor, might want to edit your posts so they're all together, our friendly moderators don't like back-to-back postings
    Last edited by He-Manis007; February 6, 2005 at 02:36am.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    YAY.

She-Ra is an important, intrical and kick ass part of the MOTU mythos and that's my final word on the matter.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

What's the point of this poll?

The answers obviously yay!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolica
    YEAH Carlo, damn instigator, She-Ra sux, she killed the franchise imho, we should just do the honorable thing and forget she ever existed....
    so i take it your response to this poll is nay?

and do the honorable thing and stop buying POP dolls then!

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolica
    btw did you still want me to fix that she-ra poster for you Carlo?
    dude, that was soooo last fall

thanks though!

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I always thought the whole idea of She-Ra was very poor. My main issue with it stems from the fact that it waters down the whole concept of who He-Man is, and makes him no longer unique. The entire backstory was rather goofy-- even by Filmation MOTU standards-- and very awkwardly forced into the overall storyline. That said, I don't go bashing POP fans for liking it, and I'm content to ignore She-Ra altogether. As far as I'm concerned, the entire POP line simply doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist
    I always thought the whole idea of She-Ra was very poor. My main issue with it stems from the fact that it waters down the whole concept of who He-Man is, and makes him no longer unique. The entire backstory was rather goofy-- even by Filmation MOTU standards-- and very awkwardly forced into the overall storyline.
    DM,

Can you please elaborate on some of your points...?

• I don't see how POP watered down MOTU
    • I don't see how the She-Ra story arc was any goofier than any other story arc in the MOTU cartoons. In fact I think the way the writers explained the existence of Adora/She-Ra and the Horde was quite clever and poignant. It wasn't "goofy" at all in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist
    I always thought the whole idea of She-Ra was very poor. My main issue with it stems from the fact that it waters down the whole concept of who He-Man is, and makes him no longer unique. The entire backstory was rather goofy-- even by Filmation MOTU standards-- and very awkwardly forced into the overall storyline.
    Wow...two siblings seperated between worlds, with She-Ra on the rebellious side against an oppresive enemy, wow what a "goofy" concept as opposed to the one-sided aspects of Masters of the Universe, where the villain is'nt in power at all, which is why Skeletor, as great as he was, was sidelined for many episodes

Don't bother aksing She-Ra bashers to "justify ther points" because they don't have any, they think they can just say "this franchise does'nt exist", and that's the end of the discussion, when in truth, they don't know what to say or do next, they refuse to acknowledge the very real attachment it has to MOU history, and it's contributions to it's success in large and small ways.

What reason is there to react like that? What purpose does it acheive? NOTHING in the long run.
    Last edited by Dr. R.K.Z; February 7, 2005 at 12:43am.

ts toys
    i liked the movie,, the christmas one and all, but the tv show i nver got into. It was a little late i thought,, I liked the horse the most.

Man, you She-Ra fans are tough. Very passionate.

I, personally (as if anyone cares), was drawn into the early incarnation of MotU (pre-Filmation) and that's what has always stuck to me. Sure the cartoon was entertaining and all, but that's just not MY MotU.

PoP is esentially just a MotU spinoff. MotU can exist without She-Ra/PoP, but not vice-versa. I just wish they were two separate entities so I wouldn't have to hear about it.

I guess I just figured boys' action figures should be, you know, geared towards boys. She-Ra was aimed at girls. MotU is for boys and PoP is for girls (more or less). That's my issue. And, believe me, I'm not sexist at all. I love and respect women. I just don't want my manly action figures like Trap-Jaw and Beast-Man getting mixed in with perfumey smelling powder-puffs with names like Flutterina and Perfuma.

I'm all for integrating women into the MotU universe (Evil-Lyn, Teela, and Sorceress all rock), but not with names like Mermista and Ballerinor (now with more flowery scent~!). She-Ra could be a kickass warrior in the MotU universe, but Mattel just made the PoP thing way too girly for it to be associated IN ANY WAY with a boys' line.

And that's my beef.