View Poll Results: How Do You Want Snout Spout Portrayed In MOTUC?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Elephant Creature With Cybernetic Parts!

20 21.98%
  • A Man Experimented On By The Horde & Given An Elephant Head!

42 46.15%
  • A Man Who Wears A Robotic Elephant Mask In Battle!

8 8.79%
  • A Man Who Fights Fires Using A Robotic Elephant Mask!

9 9.89%
  • A Robot In The Shape Of An Anthropomorphized Elephant!

3 3.30%
  • Other (Please Explain)!

1 1.10%
  • I Don't Want Snout Spout In MOTUC!

8 8.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Want Snout Spout Portrayed In MOTUC?

How Do You Want Snout Spout Portrayed In MOTUC?

I know Snout Spout often gets a lot of grief from MOTU fans. In fact, even a lot of diehard vintage fans are less than taken with this character. The way he is portrayed(both design & bio) in MOTUC could make or break him.

How Do You Want Snout Spout Portrayed In MOTUC?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Regardless of what MOTUC canon makes of him, to me Snout Spout will always be the poor Etherian woodcutter who got pulled in by Hordak for his continuing experiments in cybernetic warfare (which ended up yielding Extendar and Dragstor). His origin and the latter story where he's given the option of going back to being a normal human and helping his new friends were stand-out stories from the MOTU UK run to me.

Design-wise, I want him to look like he did in the mini-comic "Eye of the Storm" which he came packed with, where he had a leaner head and goggles instead of tiny beady eyes. But that likely won't happen. His vintage head was very big in order to incorporate the water spraying mechanism, and I'm sure he'll get the same balloon head in MOTUC...

I lean toward an elephant creature with cybernetic parts because as a child this is what I thought he was at a glance. And I never put another thought into it past that. I remember my mother brought him home to me very close to Christmas time. She also brought Hiss, Rattlor and T Lashor at the same time. She told me I could choose one of them and the rest would be put away until the big day.

I remember I thought Rattlor was a bit bland, Hiss was cool because he was different, but it came down to opening Tung Lashor or Snout Spout first. Tung because his paint scheme just popped at me and really got my attention. I was also drawn to SS and I thought it made sense to open him and let the three snakes get wrapped together.

Now for the anti-climatic ending...I can't remember which of the two I chose! lol I wish I could. I lean heavily toward it being SS, but I honestly couldn't say with 100% certainty. Either way I did enjoy those two figures very much once I had both in hand.

Back to the way I'd like SS to be done...A well thought out story about this character could probably make me accept any of the choices listed above.

Guess that means the odds are stacked against me liking his bio huh?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Besides having left the line by the time Snout Spout came out, I never really felt a connection to him since I never knew what he was.

While it would make for some good drama, making Snout Spout the victim of the Horde would be about as morbid as the life of John Merrick. I don't want that level of sadness brought to MOTUC. Although, considering as many characters as there are listed as dead(along with Trap Jaw's gnarled jaw & Tri-Klops dual "eye patches"), it's probably too late for that.

Wearing a mask in battle or to fight fires makes me wonder why he couldn't simulate that "power" without having to wear a claustrophobic looking contraption.

Roboto & Faker are my robots of choice. I don't want a goofy looking one with a trunk.

While I wish it was more Elephant(like a TMNT character from the 90's) and less cyborg, an elephant creature with cybernetic enhancements is what I hope for.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While I wish it was more Elephant(like a TMNT character from the 90's)
    Doctor El!

I can't see Snout Spout as an Elephant creature because his body looks too much like a man and
    I can't see him taking off that mask either!
    He looks like a sad character so it would be fitting if he has a dramatic background.
    I see him as "A Man Experimented On By The Horde & Given An Elephant Head!"
    They might have burned his face or something and permanently attached that Elephant Head to him!
    He has an urge to fight fire because of his horrible experiences with fire and
    wishes to do good so others won't get harmed by fire the way he did.
    Don't let Snout Spout near any campfire! He'll blows it out in a blink of an eye!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Regardless of what MOTUC canon makes of him, to me Snout Spout will always be the poor Etherian woodcutter who got pulled in by Hordak for his continuing experiments in cybernetic warfare (which ended up yielding Extendar and Dragstor). His origin and the latter story where he's given the option of going back to being a normal human and helping his new friends were stand-out stories from the MOTU UK run to me.
    This is the back story from the UK comics I want in the MOTUC bio, but with a little added.

A poor Eternian woodcutter, who also served in the Eternian volunteer fire fighting service, got pulled in by Hordak for his continuing experiments in cybernetic warfare (which ended up yielding Extendar and Dragstor) and was given a cybernetic elephant head.

With the aid of a magical fairy Snout Spout was once able to change back to his human form but not long after he made a great sacrifice in turning back to his elephant form in order to save the heroic warriors from Hordak.
    Last edited by 13977; November 15, 2010 at 02:42pm.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Just yesterday I would have completely disagreed with this idea, but I'm actually partial to the idea of him as a firefighting robot. If he's a robot, you don't really need much of a reason for why he has an elephant head. I envision it like this: Man-At-Arms is building a firefighter robot with a big hose built into its head. Someone comes along and says "Hey Duncan, have you noticed your robot looks like an elephant?" And then MAA goes "Now that you mentioned it, he sort of does." And so he decides to run with it and gives it ear-shaped heat radiators and whatnot so it becomes an elephant-headed robot. I never thought of it like that before I saw the Snout Spout prototype with the exposed robotic head with the hose running in the middle of it.

Also, there are personal reasons why the idea of him being this unfortunate guy victimized by Hordak's experiment is a bit too upsetting for me (but I don't really want to get into it at this point). I guess I'd rather he was just wearing a special helmet meant for really hazardous environments or something, or a cybernetic mask built for him after he was injured in a fire.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm afraid I went with "I Don't Want Snout Spout In MOTUC!".

I'm a lifelong MOTU fan, but I just don't like this guy. Too gimmicky, too far away from the swords-and-sorcery origins.

If we do have one, I hope it's more of a mutated-experiment-gone-wrong look.

But if we get him before the likes of Man-E-Faces, Fisto, and even Ram Man, I'll be miffed.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

As silly as it is, I want a man with an elephant helmet.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Snout Spout could be a firefighter mascot. That explains the elephant head gear. lol

Heroic Warrior
    I always thought of him as a human with a prosthesis. I suppose he was badly burned fighting eternian fires and so Man At Arms made him that thing!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Elephant-headed warrior who wears a helmet...so the first choice. Sorta like Ganeesha.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Horde experiment.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I hope they pay homage to the UK comic and the Filmation cartoon by incorporating at least some of this particular back story regarding the Horde experimentation. As for his look, I really hope that the Four Horsemen are allowed to amalgamate their design from the staction with his vintage look. Snout Spout's vintage appearance alone is kinda... boring, IMO.

I'm pretty sure they'll use A Man Experimented On By The Horde & Given An Elephant Head, as that whats in the 87 style guide:
    http://www.he-man.org/collecting/doc...=28&image=7586
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

A Man Experimented On By The Horde & Given An Elephant Head! That would be a pretty cool origin.

The only good Snout Spout is a dead Snout Spout
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Probably my least favorite character next to little red ridinghood He-man but I have no doubt 4H will deliver something good.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    Probably my least favorite character next to little red ridinghood He-man but I have no doubt 4H will deliver something good.
    not even the Horsemen could get him to look good:
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I like the Horde experiment turned against them story. The UK comics really built on Snout Spout's tragic story.

In his first appearance he was wearing a mask and robe and wouldn't show his Elephant face until the heroes had agreed to let him join them after he proved his worth but he still had issues about being a freak in lots of other stories.
    The story where he was returned to his human form by a fairy but chose to return to his Elephant form as he could achieve more good for others in that form was a great moralistic story about sacrifice.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

oh boy...this guy is awful... i guess imm go wit guy with a elephant helmet...
    i'll prob give him a regular head and have him hold the silly elephant mask,..when i get him due to the sub..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I really like The Horde experiment story best.

MOTUC Snout Spout is pure awesomeness, keep the vintage goodness coming!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

though I voted "Horde Experiment" I admit it's mostly because it has precedence and not because it's what I actually prefer.

I actually prefer a Human in a cybernetic prosthesis who fights fires. He can "take it off" in my opinion, but like Tri Klops can take off his helmet. So I see Snout Spout being bald with some data jacks and such, perhaps a metal skull plate on one side. He'd wear the Elephant head most of the time, but among close freinds or ect. he'd put on a hood or something and show his face, ect.

Frankly even with the Horde vote I cast, I still see it as with some difficulty removeable. This will/would be a good custom head for me or someone to make.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Design-wise, I want him to look like he did in the mini-comic "Eye of the Storm" which he came packed with, where he had a leaner head and goggles instead of tiny beady eyes. But that likely won't happen. His vintage head was very big in order to incorporate the water spraying mechanism, and I'm sure he'll get the same balloon head in MOTUC...
    One of my least favorite figures, he is. Always puzzled me. Nevertheless, I'll buy him and I'm going along with Sandman here as far as the bio is concerned.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    oh boy...this guy is awful... i guess imm go wit guy with a elephant helmet...
    i'll prob give him a regular head and have him hold the silly elephant mask,..when i get him due to the sub..
    You could always give him Mol-Lars (or however his name is spelled) head.