View Poll Results: Would you BUY this sub-line?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

52 54.17%
  • NO.

20 20.83%
  • Mmmmm... Maybe just a few figures.

18 18.75%
  • Not interested/Don't care either way.

6 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC "Down the Road..." Filmation-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

MOTUC "Down the Road..." Filmation-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

(**PENDING MATTEL ACQUIRES or GETS USE OF THE FILMATION SERIES' RIGHTS, of course**)

I just wanted to gauge fan interest in these possible types of MOTUC sub-lines...

This sub-line would basically be a Filmation cartoon-styled sub-line (like the MYP cartoon-based styled sub-line I propose here in this thread.) where the figure sculpts would be based on the original Filmation animation-stylings, not the original action-figure line.

So I am quite curious, at this point in time, or in reality, a bit "down the road" if the MOTUC line is successful enough, would this be a sub-line wanted by the He-fan community?
    – No comment.

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wish ER would release, mini figures, or even heroclicx of the main Filmation figures from MOTU & POP now. This way it wouldn't compete with Mattel and MOTUC and the fans who are clamouring for Filmation versions of these characters will finally get what they want. Hopefully in time something like this can happen. I assume our best chances of something like this happening are when / if the movie gets green lit and ER decide they want in to the project or if Mattel decide to try liscence the rights or buy back the Filmation Library from ER to use some Filmation characters in the movie such as Shadow Weaver.

Hopefully somewhere down the line some progress can be reached on this matter. But at least we have the Mattel versions of these characters to look foward to over the next year or so.
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 17, 2008 at 11:48pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Please! I would love this! Not just because Filmation, in some instances, had superior designs to the toys, but also because they often had cooler characters! Also, it'd be awesome to see Filmation styled versions of the characters NOT in the toon. Surely I'm not the only one whose wondered what a Filmation Saurod or Extendar would look like?
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

I'm voting true-to-form like I usually do with suggestions like this. I'm definitely one to make MOTU as inclusive as possible and that definitely encompasses Filmation.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Nope. The established Classics style is plenty for me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I say yes because I like some of the Filmation desgins better.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes, I will. I love the Filmation style.

Could be pretty interesting. I'd go for a few of them. I'd also like a Lizard Man when the libraray gets opened up for business!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I ain't sure. IMO, the Filmation designs would be better suited for a line of maquettes instead of action-figures.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I agree with Sir Reilly, some maquettes in this style would be pretty cool, then I might get one or two or three of them... But as figures? Nope, not interested in Filmation style figures personally. My heart wasn't broken when they announced that they couldn't do Filmation stuff.
    But I do know that many here would LOVE this idea, and yay for them if they ever do! But it's just not something I could justify for my own collection. It's easy for me to draw the line there and say, No thanks!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yes. We NEED some Filmation-only characters: Shadow Weaver, She-Ra (we can ONLY get the 80's toy versions), Adora, Sea Hawk, Queen Marlena, etc.

There are also some amazing looking "villains of the week" from MOTU and PoP. I would buy these in a heartbeat.

I'm very excited for the new line, but really disappointed Filmation characters won't be included. If this line does well, Mattel better make a deal with ER. It would probably be cheaper to do than buying all the rights back. They did it with the She-Ra exclusive figure, so they can do it again...and they better!

I will NOT buy maquettes or statues and I can guarantee Mattel will not make them, and here's why: they need to make MORE money on Filmation stuff to make back some of the cost of buying the rights/renting the rights. Maquettes and statues would be WAY more expensive than action figures which already translates into less sales, which means less profit, which means "no way." That's how I see it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING YES YES A GAJILLION TIMES YES!!! Filmation He-Man IS MY He-Man and THAT would be the definitive MOTU line for me!

I want a Filmation He-Man more than I want ANY other He-Man! This would be THE BEST MOTU LINE EVER!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Maybe just a few.

I'm cool with the figures that were released way back when. If I see a few that I dig, then I'd pick them up. That's how I'm gonna do it when POP & NA figures start coming out. I'll get a She-Ra for sure, but I don't care to get any others, yet. I couldn't get into the NA cartoon. I'll pick up NA He-Man & maybe Skeletor but I'm a MOTU man through & through. I do like the 2002 figures & 'toon a lot though.

No, let's concentrate on unique characters, not different takes on the same characters.

YESSS!!! Absolutely!!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Absolutely, but given that they'd probably start with He-Man, Stratos etc again I'd sooner have Filmation characters introduced into the MOTUC line.

...then, characters who look dramatically different in their Filmation form can be redone, much like the Evil-Lyn staction.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I would like figures based on the Filmation cartoon. That said, I’d prefer to have them in scale/articulation with the 200X figures (but not anime looking). I’d rather leave the Classics line for figures based on vintage MOTU toys.

I would probably buy a few.
    Nunslaughter rules in a world of fools!

OH YEAH!! Actually, He-Man & the MOTU were introduced in my country first with Fimation's cartoon & then the action figures. It has been some time until we learned about Mattel line.
    Remember...it was the age of magic & wonders & no internet

Heroic Warrior
    I would. And I would also LOVE to see movie renditions as well.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say yes, but I worked out that it's probably going to cost more to buy the rights than Mattel will earn it takings.

$20.00 a figure - around 500 of each character sold x 12 months = $120,000. That sounds a lot, but that's in takings and not profit which will probably be a lot less. Thus making it very unlikely we'll see anything Filmation this side of 2010.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    No sorry, I don't like any Filmation characters! Please don't consider my avatar!
    I would our own post a poll like this at the homepage of .ORG, may this encourage some people to vote it!
    Last edited by AlessandraF; February 10, 2009 at 12:36pm.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I probably wouldn't buy them myself, but maybe down the line.

Remember, once the vintage characters are all done, we'll need something to make figures of. Might as well do this as a sub-line much later--after vintage, NA, POP and 200X get done.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I agree with Sir Reilly, some maquettes in this style would be pretty cool, then I might get one or two or three of them... But as figures? Nope, not interested in Filmation style figures personally. My heart wasn't broken when they announced that they couldn't do Filmation stuff.
    But I do know that many here would LOVE this idea, and yay for them if they ever do! But it's just not something I could justify for my own collection. It's easy for me to draw the line there and say, No thanks!
    My thoughts exactly!

not for me... no interest in filmation...but i hope those who do want it get what they desire!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.