Thread: Why is the NECA Leech so rare/expensive?

Why is the NECA Leech so rare/expensive?

So, I am still relatively new to MOTUC and know next to nothing about the 200x series of figures. However, i think the NECA Leech looks positively awesome. I just got the MOTUC Leech, and he's great, but I was thinking how much more awesome he would be if i could acquire a 200x Leech and harvest him for parts (head mostly). I was genuinely suprised at the secondary market value for the NECA Leech....why is he so rare/expensive? Can a more knowledgeable Orger weigh in on this for me, please and thank you!

No idea. Leech was the figure that got me back into MOTU. I kind of wanted that Staction as it looks positively badass, but the ebay prices are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    So, I am still relatively new to MOTUC and know next to nothing about the 200x series of figures. However, i think the NECA Leech looks positively awesome. I just got the MOTUC Leech, and he's great, but I was thinking how much more awesome he would be if i could acquire a 200x Leech and harvest him for parts (head mostly). I was genuinely suprised at the secondary market value for the NECA Leech....why is he so rare/expensive? Can a more knowledgeable Orger weigh in on this for me, please and thank you!
    I highlighted one of the main reasons. th stactions themselves are rare and as the line went on they got even more rare. i sold mine off because i needed the money now I'm trying to get some of em back and yeah, leech is HARD to get a good price on. it never seems to SELL at the inflated prices, but I know Leech and Jitsu sell for a lot.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

GaaaH! I just want to cast the Head at this point. Stoopid Awesomeness.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yea I think Leech is one of the best in the line, and he looks so amazing! I like the MOTUC version of Leech, but he is blown away by the sheer awesome of the Staction. I imagine that has to do with the expense.

I was lucky enough to get mine as a gift for our 10th wedding anniversary
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    I got NECA Leech a few months ago, and it is indeed awesome! Big, menacing, monstrous! It is interesting that, considering the overall design, he is one of the least redesigned characters compared to his vintage counterpart. Its like vintage Leech turned up to 11 and then some! Perfect update! He's the one of the reasons I've never started collecting MOTUC.

The only drawback is that factory switched stands (he has "heroic blue" instead of "crimson Horde" one), but thats it... And crossbow bolt is kinda silly, looks like a plunger, but its fine with me... He's 10 of 10 staction for me.

I bought mine for about 100 euros, MOC (and opened him right away ). He's the most expensive staction I bought so far and I never regretted it! Was lucky to acquire other rare ones for far less money, though...
    Last edited by BlastAttak; December 7, 2012 at 04:53am.
    I am more than MAN..., more than LIFE..., I AM A GOD!!! And now.. you.. will.. kneel... KNEEL!!!!

My toy collection

My Deviant Art

The early MOTU NECA series is easily more attainable(cheaper) b/c I believe that they made more in production....I could be wrong. But as we got to the last 3 waves. These included Leech,Webstor,Snake Face,Battle Armor He-Man,Jitsu & Mosquitor. These seem to go for more $$$. People started to get away from the line...possible bitterness in the way that the 200x line ended. But there were less made & could only be purchased through 1 available website. So many people also may not have known this short series MOTU line was around....like myself. I believe Jitsu MOC goes for the most $$$ especially if his pony tail is intact. So so glad I have them all. Don't forget that they made 2 Exclusive convention King Randors. Some people forget these were part of the line & therefore harder to find. There figure run was much more limited.