Thread: Evil He-Man/Good Skeletor: Redesign Challenge

Evil He-Man/Good Skeletor: Redesign Challenge

So, I had this thought a few months ago when I sat down with my sketch book. "How would I redesign the MOTU characters if their alliances were switched". I started with He-man and skeletor and came up with this. Now I realize that I'm more of an art enthusiast than I am an artist but I thought these sketches turned out kind of cool.

I know that we have allot of talented artist on these boards so I thought it might be fun to see some other redesigns of the MOTU characters like this. How about an evil Buzz-Off or a good Beast-Man, just some ideas. Is this a redesign challenge any of you would be interested in?

The names Two-Bug, but you can call me Web-Off... ehh... or Buzz-Stor... err... whatever.

sweet pics and idea, that would be a cool fan-fic- several good and evil warriors go to an alternate dimension were he-mans the evil one and skeletor is a hero.

that would rock

JAG
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    That's a really good idea, anti-Eternia rocks! Heh, cyborg-Faker/He-man Good-non-blue-Keldor.

Those redesign sketches you had were pretty cool too, a quite different He-man take, sorta a sadistic warrior, bald! except maybe a bit too um sketchy, they're a bit small, so the detail is garbled. Skeletor still looks kinda evil too. Love the helmet idea on Skelly, if he's good he's probably devestated by his destroyed face and wants to cover himself up.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I had this exact same idea a while back and I've been meaning to draw my versions of an evil He-Man and good Skelly, but I'm far too lazy!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Public Enemy #1!
    A great idea, and I really like your drawings a lot as well.
    I have the power!

More power Multibot!

Thanks for the comments. These sketches were done very small. I need to break away from drawing so small and use a whole piece of paper. I'm learning.

Anyway, it doesn't look like anyone has any similar drawings to share.
    Bummer, I was hoping their might be some out their.
    The names Two-Bug, but you can call me Web-Off... ehh... or Buzz-Stor... err... whatever.

I wanna see this story expanded upon. I love the heroic Skeletor's design.

Such an interesting idea! I made a quickie with three brand new heroic warriors to join the ranks of heroic leader of Snake mointain.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by Monikasvo View Post
    Such an interesting idea! I made a quickie with three brand new heroic warriors to join the ranks of heroic leader of Snake mointain.

http://<a href="http://s35.photobuck...57.jpg</a></a>
    I LOVE these designs. Especially Kronis' design.

Evil He-Man should have a goatee like all good mirror universe characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I made another one. This time heroes has gone bad. Evil Man-e-faces is a default monster and only sometimes human. Evil Extendar wears horde armor and evil Gwildor is just same guy with less healthcare.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

I made another one. This time heroes has gone bad. Evil Man-e-faces is a default monster and only sometimes human. Evil Extendar wears horde armor and evil Gwildor is just same guy with less healthcare.
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps7b68a022.jpg
    You've knocked it out of the ballpark yet again. I can't wait to see you tackle Tri-Klops, Teela and Whiplash.

Thanks Joker95. I will try to work out something with those characters too in next weekend. For Tri-klops I got an idea, but other two are a bit trickier. For a long wait, here is Good Lyn (picture is from old redesign challenge). I think I have made Mosquitor, the Heroic Whiner, too, but didn't find him yet.

Thanks Joker95. I will try to work out something with those characters too in next weekend. For Tri-klops I got an idea, but other two are a bit trickier. For a long wait, here is Good Lyn (picture is from old redesign challenge). I think I have made Mosquitor, the Heroic Whiner, too, but didn't find him yet.
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...amanen/lyn.jpg
    I LOVE that design. The use of a Ram skull motif really makes her jump.

Cool ideas all.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

No need to wait weekend. Heroic Trydor Scope never got his helmet from Keldor -he's just technical mastermind and swordmaster of heroic defenders. Evil warrior woman Teela has no use for lame stick: she uses best weapons available, the Terror Claws

No need to wait weekend. Heroic Trydor Scope never got his helmet from Keldor -he's just technical mastermind and swordmaster of heroic defenders. Evil warrior woman Teela has no use for lame stick: she uses best weapons available, the Terror Claws
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psf56b1769.jpg
    Clever use of Battleground Teela and the Terror Claws. Also, I like the idea of Trydor not wearing his helmet and being 200X-ish in his appearance.

These are my last ones with alignment swap. I made Whiplash or Torrant Krazut wearing anti-Snake armour and wearing some jewelry. And in other picture there are new horde members, rokkon, Castaspella and Loo-kee.

I kind of like this idea... There's definitely a story in here somewhere. In fact, there're a ton of possibilities. For example, I'd play with the idea of Keldor being good all the time and NEVER becoming Skull-head, or with Keldor being evil before becoming Skeletor.

It's interesting to me that a number of the "Evil" redesigns still have Horde logos... so are we not even considering the Horde as a potential force for good?

They have some of these already

Anti-Eternia for example...

Horde Loo-Kee just looks monstrous.