Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stands available for classic MOTU / POP figures???

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Stands available for classic MOTU / POP figures???

I was wondering if these are available. I'm getting tired to find one of my figures fell down of my shelf everytime I get up in the morning or get home afternoon!

Anyone out there who knows where to purchase (online) figure stands?
    Can you also please advice me which measure?

Thanks,

*G*

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Not sure of any aftermarket ones available, although I'm sure there is something out there -

There was a board game that was realeased back when MOTU was at its height of success that was segmented and would allow you to use your action figures in stands that came with the game.

Here is a link on Ebay - the black stands that the game pieces were also made to hold the figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...961562256&rd=1
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

i guess acrylic cases would help too?
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Stands?

Is there anybody that makes any kind of stands for the classic figures? I know there aren't any peg holes which makes it difficult but I figured somebody came up with some kind of design.....

Sallah

Neat, didn't know either they made stands.
    Got to try find some!

Do you know if anyone recasted these to buy in bulk?
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

They are very cool, I had to buy two games to get all the pieces to make one game, but I have 4 extra pieces beyond the game, and I use the 4 all the time, I wish I had more. If there is someone who wants to cast them, I will mail them one to use.

PM me if you are a caster, and we'll talk.

For my figures, I just use Poster Putty (the blue stuff). It works really well. I just roll some into a ball (about half-a-dime size) and push the figures foot down on top of it. Some heavier figures like Beastman need it under both feet.
    It holds really good, and comes off easy.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Stands?

HI, Have there ever been decent stands made for the classic figures? and if so can anyone recommend some, and how I could get hold of them.
    cheers Aj

Really is Skeletor
    While not necessarily what you're looking for, the game 'Battle For Eternia' came with stands for the game pieces that doubled as stands for the figures (so you could play the game with your figures and not just a cardboard cut-out). They slide over the feet so they're not good for characters like Moss Man.
    Tyler J Maciolek

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Hi thanks for that Tylerm, I actually have that game here somewhere, and thought about that, but I always worried that the 'over foot' holders would damage the paint. Its a shame that Kaiser -who make barbie/Jem stands dont make a smaller version for MOTU. Their stands are adjustable and enable posing.

Really is Skeletor
    I think the paint would be okay. I just know that when I tried to put Moss Man in, some of the flock started coming off

Never heard of Kaiser, but it sounds like something like that on MOTU scale would be good. The issue with most action figure stands is they rely on peg holes (either in the feet or if its a flight stand the back) which MOTU doesn't have. Some people are comfortable drilling the holes, I'm not. Hopefully someone will have a better suggestion.
    Tyler J Maciolek

Im looking for some stand that would work as well....anyone have any good ideas for what can be used? Thanks

Vintage MOTU Figure Stands..

I'm not sure if there is a thread about htis already or not. If there is I couldnt find it. Anyways, are there any good stands out there for loose MOTU figures that work well for displayng? Im tired of my loose figs falling down every once in a while.

I heard about the stands that come with the "Battle for Eternia" board game, but it would take a while to accumulate enough for all my figs. If anyone out there can help me out or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by brock_snyder View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a thread about htis already or not. If there is I couldnt find it. Anyways, are there any good stands out there for loose MOTU figures that work well for displayng? Im tired of my loose figs falling down every once in a while.

I heard about the stands that come with the "Battle for Eternia" board game, but it would take a while to accumulate enough for all my figs. If anyone out there can help me out or point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!!
    The stands from that game are the only ones that I know of.Somebody on ebay awhile back casted some in different colors,but I havent seen any in a long time on there.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

I think the seller was Eternian He also sold them here on the .org if I remember correctly. They are by far the best stands I've seen or used for the vintage figures.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I have been looking around for them.

Thanks,
    jay

Display Stands

Hi Gang,

I want to display my vintage figures and wanted to know if there are stands available to keep them from flopping over. I don't want to put them in those star cases. I am also looking for a Faker decal scan.

Thanks,
    Jay

Best way I have found is blu tac. It has even helped straighten out twisted leg bands on one fig.

I have stands that were made for the original line in the 80s. I believe they were from a game or something. I have about 30 of them, and they are all black. I'm sure you can find them on Ebay. They had a clip that sliped over there feet.

There is a member selling some, whic you cans ee at this link:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ghlight=stands
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; July 12, 2010 at 09:50am.

figure stands

I am not sure if this is somewhere i couldnt find it.....

I am looking for some time of figure stand for my vintage figures. i have putty stuff that is used for posters on walls and it has worked for some of my figures but no for all of them

any idea....thanks in advance

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Some black figure stands came with the vintage board game. They were included so you could use actual figures instead of the cardboard cutouts. If you don't loosen them up first, they'll sometimes dig little impressions in your figures' feet, but just soften them (heat works great) and you're good.

Somebody once reversed engineered those exact stands and also cast them in blue and red. I bought a bunch of the red ones one time and they were great. I don't stand my figures anymore (no room), so I gave them all away to people who might use them. I do still have the 10 or so that came with the vintage board game. They're easy to find in incomplete game auctions, and you might also get a bunch of the cool gold double sided power swords!

That's one of many options, but I like the idea that they're mattel product meant specifically for the figures. They don't work on some figures, but those same figures seem to stand just fine (leech), except for the really odd ones (Twistoid etc).

-cheers
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

I actually bought a bunch of black Kaiser stands for 5" figures. You can even use them to hold up Twistoid and Rotar. I can't post a link here but you can look them up on Amazon.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Stands for Original Figures?

Some years ago on the forums, somebody was offering stands for original MOTU figures. I recall they were just rectangular plastic with foot clips, and maybe came in black, red, and whatever other color. I seem to recall they had a site where they sold them, as well.

Anyway, come 2013 I've been looking for some and have had zero luck finding them. Anyone recall these, or know of a good alternative? Searching the forums hasn't given me much to go on.

EDIT: Whoops, admins redirected me here. After browsing this, I think they were repros of the board game stands that Jawbridge mentioned.
    Last edited by Jack Of Clubs; March 15, 2013 at 12:27am.

These Kaiser stands for 3.5" to 5" figures seem like they are a good bet. The product description says they stand height is adjustable to between 2-3", and the King Randor figure I'm holding measures just under 3" from waist to foot:

I'm going to get 12 pack and see if they work for vintage MOTU. I'm also hoping these will work to hold up my female Thundercats figures, as they don't like to stand on their own very well.