View Poll Results: Is Madame Razz a Twigget?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the purple skin, the white hair, it's sooo obvious

25 34.72%
  • No way, she's taller and smarter(well sorta) than twiggets

7 9.72%
  • She's a half breed, half human, half twigget

18 25.00%
  • No, she's someother species(not human or twigget)

22 30.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Madame Razz a twigget?

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar

Was Madame Razz a twigget?

Her skin and hair color are the same, but her staure is not.I'm also not sure of the life span of a twigget, but Madame is over 500,I'm guessing twiggets don't get that old?
    Was any of this ever discussed in the original series? Does anyone know? Would it be an insult to consider her a Twigget?

i always assumed she was a much older example of the twigget's species. perhaps her magic and her time outside the whispering woods has aged her more than is typical, they being magical and possibly immortal creatures.. i don't know, it was never explained. also notice in SOTS the twiggets help her with one of her spells, chanting or something around a fire:? (am i making that up?)

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    I would have thought Madame was too big to be a twigget! She might be, though. To confirm what the previous poster wrote, she did call on some of the twiggets to help her with that spell in the famous scene (which was recycled in other episodes). Whether that was because of an inherent natural connection - maybe, don't know.
    Ah, this is VERY helpful regarding the chanting! answers some questions and spurs some great ideas for me, thanks to both of you...
    As far as her being bigger, well, I'm thinking her stature is varied because of the witchcraft as well, or maybe over the course of 500 years, twiggets have gotten smaller, but Razz is from the generation of 500 years ago? I'm speculating here...anyone have a comparison shot of just how much taller she is than the twiggets? I couldn't find any on Scorpia's site or after checking a few eps on here...
    Last edited by heftysmurf76; March 23, 2005 at 06:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    I would have thought Madame was too big to be a twigget! She might be, though. To confirm what the previous poster wrote, she did call on some of the twiggets to help her with that spell in the famous scene (which was recycled in other episodes). Whether that was because of an inherent natural connection - maybe, don't know.

I think she used the Twiggets there because of their link to the woods - I remember in some episode Adora explaining to someone that the twiggets are a part of the woods... oh! it was in the episode where the Horde makes the woods sick... and the Twiggets all get sick... so maybe that's why - she used their magic because it was linked to Etheria itself - making it easier to see other parts of Etheria???
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I say who cares? Either way, she still rocked ass And for being an ancient witch, she was kinda cute
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke
    I think she used the Twiggets there because of their link to the woods - I remember in some episode Adora explaining to someone that the twiggets are a part of the woods... oh! it was in the episode where the Horde makes the woods sick... and the Twiggets all get sick... so maybe that's why - she used their magic because it was linked to Etheria itself - making it easier to see other parts of Etheria???
    I saw this episode, but don't remeber them chanting...better rewatch it! What exactly is the magic the twiggets posses?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    I say who cares? Either way, she still rocked ass And for being an ancient witch, she was kinda cute
    Well, it's not because I think she should or shouldn't be a twigget, but I care because I may connect/relate her in some fan fic I'm working on. It would probably work to her advantage if she wasn't relatedc to the Twiggets, since I haven't been overly kind to them yet, but it also seems to make more sense to m, since they look very similar. Its not like there are lots of other folks with lavender skin

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    Would it be an insult to consider her a Twigget?
    Yes.

Twiggets kinda bugged me. Oddly, Trollans never did.

Madame was cool. I always thought she might be half-human half-twigget.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Was Madam Razz a Twigget?

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Yes.

Twiggets kinda bugged me. Oddly, Trollans never did.

Madame was cool. I always thought she might be half-human half-twigget.
    My thoughts exactly, but if this was the case, her skin should have been a lil lighter than the twiggest perhaps...I dunno... Still, I think I may add(or have a mod merge) a poll to this thread to get a better idea...
    Last edited by heftysmurf76; March 25, 2005 at 07:41am.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    My thoughts exactly, but if this was the case, her skin should have been a lil lighter than the twiggest perhaps...
    Not necessarily. Look at Spock...he's half vulcan and half human, but he looks all vulcan.

o'course. Mods, if you wanna merge em, feel free as well
    Your wish is my command.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Hey Everyone,

I personally, never considered Madam Razz, to be a Twigget. I guess, I keep thinking about the ep, where The Whispering Woods is dying, as are the Twiggets. However, Maddam Razz, seems to be in much better shape.
    I think this episode was "The Perils of the Whispering Woods".

Take it easy,
    Darren
    Last edited by Fisto; March 24, 2005 at 11:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Not necessarily. Look at Spock...he's half vulcan and half human, but he looks all vulcan.

Your wish is my command.
    Good point, but the caucasian skin tone of humans and vulcans is the same/similar...
    and Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto
    Hey Everyone,

I personally, never considered Madam Razz, to be a Twigget. I guess, I keep thinking about the ep, where The Whispering Woods is dying, as are the Twiggets. However, Maddam Razz, seems to be in much better shape.
    I think this episode was "The Perils of the Whispering Woods".

Take it easy,
    Darren
    Hmmm, well, this is a good point, but I think you could easily explain it away by the fact that she is only half twigget, or, even if she was 100% twigget, you could say she is a powerful(tho bungeling) witch, and perhaps her experience/or age protects her...(tho some might argue again that her age makes her MORE vulnerable-but I digress)
    Last edited by heftysmurf76; March 25, 2005 at 07:46am.

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    Holy Cow! I'd never even thought that Madame Spaz (or Razz) could be a Twigget! Seriously... look, they're the same color of skin, hair and even eyes! As far as humans go... we see little ones, big ones and huge ones! Humans are all different sizes, why wouldn't Twiggets be like that also? Maybe she's gotten fat like our great aunt Lulu has and has developed some generous thighs. Sprintina even has an orange flower of some sort in her hair that resembles Madame Razz's orange pinwheel on her hat. (Crazy ol' coot!) Except for the hat color, Razz's hat resembles that of the Twiggets. Maybe it's just Etherian fashion?

As far as her clothing; sorceresses, witches, and spell casters all dress differently than the rest of the population. I would venture to say that if I had the $50 million question, I'd say "Yes, she's a Twigget!" I don't like Twiggets, but I like Madame Razz.

Maybe the fact that Razz is more magic-oriented than nature-oriented is the reason why she didn't get sick when the forrest did. She might be like Orko and Loo-Kee in that episode where that time bomb went off where it didn't affect creatures of magic.

Also, can you imagine what copulation between a human and a Twigget would be like? Yuck! That's just not right!

Last edited by Razzbel; March 25, 2005 at 10:27am.
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

yeah, those are the exact pictures I was looking at when thinking about this! it's the eyes that did it for me, but the pinwheel in the hat helps with the evidence...
    I'm 99.999999% convinced that she is a Twigget now, or at least half breed, and it's so true that we all come in different shapes and sizes, so I'd bet on the 50 million dollar question as well!
    As far as clothing, well my explanation is/will be that as you mentioned she's a sorceress, and therefore dresses differently, but also, the Twiggets are simpler folks, they have a nature themed attire, Razz has been around awhile, has traveled a bit, and so naturally would have some different clothing...
    Last edited by heftysmurf76; March 25, 2005 at 10:30am.

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    A quick addition about her looks and age, in the wise words of another "little person," Yoda: "When nine hundred years old YOU reach, look as good YOU will not, hmm?"

900 years or 500 years can really do things to a body.

I'm 31 and this persistent beer belly follows me. I don't even drink beer!
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

In my mind she is a half-breed...

But that is just me...What do I know from Razz!

A big fan of Slush Head
    She has to be a twigget, She looks exactly like them only bigger. Maybe she used her magic on herself to grow alittle bit more than a normal twigget.

That is somethig we'll have to wonder forever.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; March 27, 2005 at 06:13pm.

This question was actually asked by a fan on the letters page in one issue of the UK She-Ra comic. I seem to remember the answer (letters were answered by She-Ra herself) was something along the lines of "I don't think she is a Twigget, but maybe I'll ask her" or something like that.

Personally I doubt the artists ever gave it any thought. They probably just designed her at the same time they designed the Twiggets, hence the similar appearance and same skin color, but I doubt they ever gave it any more thought than that.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Heroic Warrior Maestro Monstoid's Avatar
    was their any episodes that talked about her origins?

Think it would have been so enlightening to know how she knew Adora is She-ra? BTW...are there any explanation on this too?..how did Madame know? I have been wondering for so long...

Cheers!

Kev
    She ra Rocks! He-man Rules!

Check out my artwork at http://groups.msn.com/MaestroMonstoidMOTUArtwork/shoebox.msnw

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Monstoid
    was their any episodes that talked about her origins?

Think it would have been so enlightening to know how she knew Adora is She-ra? BTW...are there any explanation on this too?..how did Madame know? I have been wondering for so long...

Cheers!

Kev
    I don't think there were any explanations, other than in the Secret of the Sword...same goes for Kowl I guess. We don't know too much about Madame, according to Scorpia's ultimate she-ra guide, other than that she is 500-600 years old and comes from a place called Serenia...

Heroic Warrior
    I never considered Madame Razz to be a full-fledged Twigget. She is a half-breed in my mind. Of course, anything is possible in fantasy. I love the Twiggets. To me, they are cute and funny instead of annoying.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar

Labyrinth right??

[QUOTE=Razzbel]A quick addition about her looks and age, in the wise words of another "little person," Yoda: "When nine hundred years old YOU reach, look as good YOU will not, hmm?"

900 years or 500 years can really do things to a body.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; January 24, 2012 at 04:02pm.

I actually found that Madam Razz a really annoying character.

That was one of the few characters in the show I hated

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    I just redesigned Madam Razz and the Twiggets too match the new line style, and I asked myself the same question. I was thinking the Twiggets have some kind of mystic power that they get from the Whispering Woods. I figured Madam Razz is a Human, but after living in the Whispering Woods and harnessing it's Magic for SOOO long changed her. A vissible affect of that is white hair and the purply colored skin.
    So basicly she became more like a Twigget by living with Twiggets.

(Check out my redesigns in the fan art section)
    (Twiggets coming soon...)

BBM-

Hey at least she's not a Widget.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Snappy Threader
    Maybe she is Twigget royalty or something. Very similar to them, but the height....maybe she was from a higher race of Twigget so to speak.