Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a public message for Joe Amaro: fisto swords

a public message for Joe Amaro: fisto swords

The official Fisto Sword thread has been derailed. I asked to have it re-opened and it was instead suggested that a new one be started. Well here goes. This is not an attack, only a statement of fact, opinion and possible rumors. I would like to hear an explanation from Amaro.

Joe Amaro: Master of disappointment and not replying to emails,

I am one of several mebers here at he-man.org that are tired of being put off. I've heard enough lies and delays. You made empty promises which you should keep, or atleast own up to and appologize for. You were publicly back patted on several collectors forums and magazines for doing such a good thing for the fan community. You claimed to have made no profit from these orders taken but where then has the money gone?

money received - zero product distributed = 100% profit/ fraud/ theft.

Has anyone who paid for a fisto sword (from Amaro) ever received one? And there were what, 200 of us who placed orders at $5 each, that adds up fast.

Also, I keep hearing that you were giving or selling swords at a comicon a year or so back? If there is any truth to this, it's another slap in the face to those of us that trusted you, because we paid for your supplies.

Amaro, if you are reading this, I think you owe us a great appology here. Any one else with something to add, please feel free but keep it on topic and obey the rules of conduct please.

(if there is a first list somewhere, i've not been able to find it)

*second list:
    Straight Edge
    Holger
    Aramis
    Ben Reilly
    Nope42
    markatisu
    okayplayer
    Raven Darkheart
    galmorzu
    roykop
    troy1983
    cesium
    Cantina-Dan
    evenflow
    Daviono1089
    BattleMatt
    zapperx
    champ0710
    TheSuppa
    crt622
    neumani
    Jerec350
    buzzoff22
    dukechute1
    The Wingman
    Joe Fix-it
    Destro David
    Monkey v3.0
    Tyger
    GigaQ
    Gorkous
    The Northlander
    Da Bigfella
    Sir Reilly
    foots mcgee
    twinAJ1
    Thing73vw
    lawrence-wallace
    darthtyrant
    guy-dude
    Hek-tor
    Goat Man
    icephoenix
    bumbiesgogovan
    Elessar
    Fakeor
    Darthdrewbaby
    LaRock
    Spyderwebz74
    Gigerlicious
    fuzzylover
    TED675
    Dark_Phoenix
    Blank
    Fathergamer
    XxTrApJaWxX
    Bearshow
    Bman51
    Louis649
    Bonehead
    Mighty Duncan
    Goku
    Oceanwalker
    Krumb_jb
    Keldor1011
    sapo6407
    spymagician
    eraser3011
    Last edited by nemesis15425; April 3, 2005 at 04:14pm.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

Not to be mean or anything, but after waiting what, a year?, I think you guys should file "mail fraud" claims. (You can do it online) - Or if you think that's too extreme at the moment, maybe e-mail Joe to warn him that you're thinking of it in the hopes that he'll get these swords out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Not to be mean or anything, but after waiting what, a year?, I think you guys should file "mail fraud" claims. (You can do it online) - Or if you think that's too extreme at the moment, maybe e-mail Joe to warn him that you're thinking of it in the hopes that he'll get these swords out.
    it would be nice that it not come to that. i'm sure he would simply refund our money IF we were asking for that, but we aren't. as for e-mail, he doesn't seem to be replying these days.
    you can see pics of all my projects on my facebook page. facebook.com/don.schomer or email me :athf15683@yahoo.com

as for the distribution of swords at the con - that is definitely true - there are members here who posted that they received them and weren't on either list...

also, some of us gave more than $5 to help cover the cost of supplies... I gave $7.. not much more, but how many of us did give more than $5? That adds up quickly too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis15425
    Also, I keep hearing that you were giving or selling swords at a comicon a year or so back? If there is any truth to this, it's another slap in the face to those of us that trusted you, because we paid for your supplies.
    First of all, I do not know enough about the situation to have an opinion one way or another.

But I just wanted to say that I went to Comic-Con last year, met Mr. Amaro, who was extremely nice. And yes, he was giving out Fisto swords last year for free to those who mentioned it, so that's how I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Lurker
    First of all, I do not know enough about the situation to have an opinion one way or another.

But I just wanted to say that I went to Comic-Con last year, met Mr. Amaro, who was extremely nice. And yes, he was giving out Fisto swords last year for free to those who mentioned it, so that's how I got mine.
    FREE?!? So I paid for the supplies that produced your sword. thanks for confirming this, i was bothered before, now... no comment.

well you can put me down as a member of the first list. if you are compiling that info.

I understand the frustration...there is a lot of it...patience as well. but in Joe's defense, I just checked out his website and he is not taking any commissions because he has too many orders to fill. it could be these swords.

It WOULD be nice though if he and barbarian came by for status reports, but they may be hesitant too because of all the missed deadlines...as it stands now a lot of people just hear 'empty promises' shoot they may even be afraid to open any emails that have anything to do about the swords cuz they feel bad. I personally think that they are just trying to get it done ship them out quietly and appease all the upset people.

BUT I also think the free swords before the shipped sword thing wasn't too cool...even though I think those sword were the batch they weren't happy with...but still not the best way to go.

as it stands now I am not upset, I would love to get my sword soon, but I have a LOT more serious things in life screwing me over right now to worry about this little thing (that's ME personally anyone else can be as mad as they wanna be...me? I am just trying to avoid serious depression and I'll be damned if I let a little sword do it to me...again...this is MY outlook for MY sword)
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 3, 2005 at 09:54pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I was also on the first list,
    but I feel the same way krosfyah does.

Snappy Threader
    i was on the first list, i did receive an email about mid-march from Joe confirming my address. Other than that, I don't have any info to share. Wish I did, I can't wait to get the sword.

This is a PRE-warning, if such a thing exists!

This thread will be watched carefully. Anything resembling the last thread will result in similiar results...and we don't want that!

Keep this thread open for those looking for swords. If it becomes that there is still no response from Mr. Amaro after some time, I would highly recomend complaining throught the usual channels for bad trades and sales, through giving negative feedback in out forums and filing charges.

No personal attacks will be allowed under any circumstance against anyone.

In other words, lets be the terriffic people we all can be!

Thanks guys and I am sure this thread will be just fine.

-Brett
    Who is eternally filled with hope.

={+}=

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride
    i was on the first list, i did receive an email about mid-march from Joe confirming my address. Other than that, I don't have any info to share. Wish I did, I can't wait to get the sword.
    I too received that email. i think it was in february though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I was the first person on the first list and haven't received anything.

As far as I know, no one has.

Iīm on the first list, too, paid 7 $. Apart from an e-mail sometime around X-Mas, I havenīt heard anything. Actually, Iīve pretty much forgotten the whole thing. Threads like this one just bring it all back. Do I think itīs fraud, bad will, whatever? No. Am I disappointed on how the situation is being dealt with? Yes.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The bunny.
    Add him to your signature.
    Help him rule the world.

Hi, I was neither on the first nor on the second list.

I contacted Amaro in December 2003(!) for a comission work of a Classic-Styled Power-Sword and a Fisto Sword. At this time I did not know, that he and barbarian were already working on a Fisto Sword, so I was quiet happy to hear about this news. Sadly the lists were closed, but he promised me I would get a FS because of my other order. However, after I placed my order and paid 85 $ in advance, in all this time, he only answerd two emails, when I asked for a status-report of my comission work. Since then no response.

Iīm a very patient person, but my patience is over now. Amaro, if you read this. I NEVER wrote any bad word to you, I NEVER wrote thousands of emails to bother you and I NEVER asked for a refund. So why isnīt it possible to answer one lousy request in three months?

If the paintig of the FS is your problem, I suggest to send them out uncolored. This would work for me.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I am on the first list, I received my email from Joe and I am waiting for the sword to arrive. I am not bashing them at all cos I know from experience that real life can sometimes rear its head and the last thing on your mind is the .Org and such. Sure its been a long time but you guys dont know what happens in the lives of Barbarian and Amaro.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I was/am on the first list.

Early on I exchanged a few emails with Joe just being exctited about Fisto Swords in general!
    Ya'll may remember way back then I had made a one of a kind Fisto Sword that was never reproduced.

Months later I had sent him my updated address.
    He verified that he made record of the change.

Since then I've just been waiting...

But It has been a very long time.

This whole fiasco began in Novemeber of 2003 - far too long ago.

If I never get my sword or my money I personally don't care,
    but there are many here on the boards who DO care and if they
    are angry I feel that their anger is valid.

What has happened with these swords is wrong... and does qualify as Mail Fraud.

I really wish that Joe had kept a better handle on what was going on... but what is done is done.

It is never to late to try to make ammends though.

Joe - Can you hear us?!

Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

I too was on the first list. Back in Feb this year, I did not receive an email from him like many others did. I emailed him directly and never heard back. I can honestly say I have been feeling every emotion since this started in 2003. It started with happiness, to confusion, to sadness, to anger, to resentment, to hopefullness, to dissapointment, and all of them mixed up all over again. I bought the other Fisto sword which I have been waiting to sand and paint until we hear something from this endeavor. After I move into my house this month, maybe its time to dig it up and start sanding.

MK

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo
    Sure its been a long time but you guys dont know what happens in the lives of Barbarian and Amaro.
    HELLO!! This whole thing started in the end of 2003 now weīve got April 2005.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I continuously said I would hold out and understand the problems they have but this is just a bit too much.

I receved an e-mail a few months ago saying the swords would ship soon and have yet to get one.

I am pretty sure I am on the first list. I paid $5.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Sun
    It is never to late to try to make ammends though.

thats what I am hoping they are up to.

Fear is faith in failure

I am pretty sure I was on the very first list and had ordered two swords (weren't they offered in two different colors or something like that? It's been so long the details are fuzzy).
    I have been ripped off before and thankfully it happens only once in a blue moon (a risk we all take I suppose dealing on these boards), and the swords only cost me $10 and after 2 years I guess I'm not missing it, you know? But when you think that SO many people paid in advance... well, that adds up to a lot of money in this guy's pocket. So, unless the guy is dead (and I sincerely hope that is not the case!) he is ripping people off. I also got an email quite some time ago with a brief apology and saying the swords were ready to ship, but alas... I'm in the same boat as all of you. At this point, I am letting it go... but thought I'd add my name to the ranks of people who paid and received nothing.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm on the first list and paid.
    I feel the same way as krosfyah.
    A simple update would be nice, it must be a real pain in the neck to try and find packages for each sword and try and ship them out all over the world, but who knows what's going on. That's why an update could be helpful.

Yeah, I was on the first list, paid $7, received one email in February (as well as a long awaited response to another email much earlier in 2004). That is all I have heard.

Now, Barbarian said he had been having problems, but he was vocal about it and posted here...

Amaro has done no such thing... in fact, he came here and told us he was sorry, and to expect the swords... we have not received them.

Also, the distributing of swords to others for free is RIDICULOUS -- we DID pay for those materials and the time they put into making them... I am glad those people got swords but I am angry that the rest of us were disregarded.

Oh, and Amaro's website has said he isn't taking commissions for over a year... so it's not new.

I also think that the person who has paid him $85 for commissioned work and hasn't been contacted by Amaro is being treated terribly...

all in all, it's mail fraud, and it's insulting and unkind...

I can sympathize with problems, delays, etc... but not with the lack of communication... that negates the excuses... they accepted money from us all... they have a responsibility to keep in touch at least
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

i was not on either list and was never ale to make the convention. i wish i was able to have gotten one just like many others. even though i know i was never promised one and didn't pay for one it is upsetting to see that the rest of you did pay and have been waiting for along time and have been left hanging. i have no idea why it bothers me, but it does.

I was number 6 on the fist list, if memory serves. I have not heard from Joe since December 30, 2003, about getting a purple sword with the silver one. No email has been sent to me since, nor has any response been received from mine.

troz