Thread: She-Ra

She-Ra

Yes, you read that right. I, Northy, tried drawing She-Ra! I've gotta' keep surprising you guys somehow.

I kind of was going for a valkyrie style here... Not sure how well that worked. I welcome critiques and constructive comments whether you like the picture or not.

To people who've looked at my other art, note that this is not meant to be part of the loosely-linked "series" I had started recently. Sometimes a drawing is just a drawing. If She-Ra appears in that series she'll look quite different...

-Northy-

Nice!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    She-Ra looks awesome, I think you made her into a great looking Valkyrie warrior!
    I only suggest a gold trim on the costume to tie it in with She-Ra more, it would also add just a slash of color to bring the whole drawing to life. I especially like the "wings" on the Sword of Protection, and eagle on the shield.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I have been enjoying your Frazzeta-like take on the female MotU characters. This one rocks!

Please do more, do the whole Princess of Power line! Sorceress! Veena! Green Goddess! Shadow Weaver!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Northy, you my friend are AWESOME!

Love her!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    love her, and love the sword design. nice, very nice work!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    It looks great, but there is something amiss..

Honestly, and I can't beleive I am saying this, but I think there is too much skin showing.

I think either connecting her "bra" to her skirt would help, or adding dark leggings (aka pants) from skirt to boot. At the very least, adding some sort of small design right under her cleavage, above the abs, but below the breasts would help the design.

Dr. Omega

Another great one, Northy!!!

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Cool take on She-Ra.
    She reminds me a little of Teela in the old mini Comics (that is a good thing).
    I like the muted colors, and her new silver weapons.
    Nice job.

BBM-

i like it, i think it is more closely related to the original He-man concept than Filmation ever was, they did a lot of "Feminizing" to She-ra to get the girl audience. that being said i still love filmation She-ra as part of my childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    It looks great, but there is something amiss..

Honestly, and I can't beleive I am saying this, but I think there is too much skin showing.

I think either connecting her "bra" to her skirt would help, or adding dark leggings (aka pants) from skirt to boot. At the very least, adding some sort of small design right under her cleavage, above the abs, but below the breasts would help the design.

Dr. Omega
    Gee, you'd really be upset if you'd seen how she looked *before* I decided to cover her up better! I think I, like others before me, may be getting corrupted by Skelepimp! Yeah, that's it... it's all his fault, not mine.

I agree that she maybe needs more decoration on the torso somewhere, but I just didn't see how to do it at the time.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

-Northy-

Hmmm

She-Ra as a valkyrie....Teela as...Red Sonja?

I like, I like.... your linework and drawing ability has definitely improved in the eight months I've been on here. Your girls/women look sexier than ever!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northlander
    Gee, you'd really be upset if you'd seen how she looked *before* I decided to cover her up better! I think I, like others before me, may be getting corrupted by Skelepimp! Yeah, that's it... it's all his fault, not mine.

-Northy-

I'll gladly accept any responsibility for any of your great works, Northylander!

Excellent, work! I really like your Barbarian style and this is another great design.

Great work!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

the picture looks good. io would have gone a little more amazon/barbarian for the style but it still looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984
    the picture looks good. io would have gone a little more amazon/barbarian for the style but it still looks awesome
    Don't worry, that version is definitely on the way sometime. I've had plans for redesigning She-Ra like that for a while now. This one just somehow got drawn first.

-Northy-

Luna
    Cool outfit!

I love the norse look you gave her. And her physique (while I don't like girls who are all ripped) looks GREAT on her.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-