Thread: Need Some Advice

Melendy Britt's Webmaster hopebrady's Avatar

Need Some Advice

Hi guys. I need some advice about a tricky situation here. Melendy's SO honored for all the work I've done for her and her website that she wants to send me some sort of thank you gift. Now funny how she can send me a gift but I can't send her one Oh well! Anyways, while part of me is so honored and feels so special I'm not sure I should accept anything. I did this site and all for her out of the goodness of my heart and don't want her to feel as though she has to pay me. I don't really know what to tell her. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Lisa
    visit my website
    www.melendybrittfansite.net

Respectfully decline and say that a gift is not necessary at all. If she insists and sends you something anyway, quietly accept it and just go on. She may not be thinking of it as payment but simply a way to give back...and there is nothing wrong with that. Just handle it quietly and it would be fine.
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i agree with Rhoman06... just let her know you've enjoyed working with her, and that is payment enough. [especially since we all here have looked up to she-ra in one way or another, it's been so nice to meet the woman behind the voice! that's truly been a gift to me! ]
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Chris here...

On the one hand I'd take it, just because, well, I'm an opportunist! (j/k!) Seriously, in a way I think Rhoman06 is right, telling her that, although you feel very touched that she should be so kind in offering you a gift, the pleasure you get from knowing her and working on that site is reward enough. If she still wants to send you a gift I wouldn't make a big deal out of refusing it - like Rhoman06 says, I'd just say thank you quietly and sincerely.

I know that you guys have had some problems (though I've missed a lot of the posts detailing them, I actually wish somebody would fill me in!), but I really envy you getting the chance to talk to Melendy Britt - what I wouldn't give for her autograph...!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Melendy Britt's Webmaster hopebrady's Avatar
    Hey He-Fan PM me or e-mail me at katiesmommy03@optonline.net and I can get you melendy's autograph and whomever else wants one!
    Lisa
    visit my website
    www.melendybrittfansite.net

valenaann68
    I must agree with everyone else here. That seems the best way to handle the situation. I think it's awesome that she's supportive of the website. Btw, I pm'd you regarding that autograph offer.

she can always send her gift to me . I'll take it no, just do the respectfully decline/accept-if-you need to deal. if you accept . then send it to me ... or at least post a pic of it ...