Thread: What is everone's opinion off Evilseed?

What is everone's opinion off Evilseed?

Howdy guys its me the Inquisitive One. Your probably sick and tired of seeing my new threads but anyway.

I was just curious as to people's view on the episode and the main villian Evilseed. I personal love the ep it is my favourite of what i have seen of season 1 but what does everyone else think.? I also like the villian although not the best one of villian in the world.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

I recently bought all the original Flimation Cartoon episodes on dvd. And I really thought the episode was cool. I really love how he dies at the end, great scene. But being that I haven't seen the episode in say over 20 years and saw the MYP cartoon version of evilseed before seeing the original again, i like the myp version alot better.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Lion_Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Howdy guys its me the Inquisitive One. Your probably sick and tired of seeing my new threads but anyway.

I was just curious as to people's view on the episode and the main villian Evilseed. I personal love the ep it is my favourite of what i have seen of season 1 but what does everyone else think.? I also like the villian although not the best one of villian in the world.

Chris M

Well i would put that episode in my top 10 from season 1. Evilseed himself could of been a bit more meaner in the episode or maybe Evilseed should of made an evil tree monster almost like his partner in crime?? Also keep the ("growing weeds that were in the episode")

Public Enemy #1!
    Evilseed was a good episode and a rather decent villian as well. It would have been cool to have seen him again, though he did meet a seemingly unfortunate end.
    I have the power!

More power Multibot!

Evil Seed was an excellent character and a great episode. It was one of the ones that stayed most vividly with me. It is fantastic.

MYP's version of the character was also great.

Would've loved to see Moss-Man and Evil Seed go up against each other in the classic.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Evilseed is, IMO, the best Filmation villain from the classic run. Even with one appearance, it was a really memorable one, and sparked the whole classic "Skeletor in Grayskull" thing. I was really thrilled to see him return in the new series as a foil for Moss Man.

There were a lot of other good non-figure additions, but Evilseed was the best.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I always thought he was a great villain, and rather unique. He wasn't so much the "I want to rule the universe!" type as he was a creature who believed he was creating a better natural order. His dialogue was great, too. "This is my time, this is my season!" They did a good job of giving him a "plant perspective" on things.

The new version kind of lacked this distinctness, being more in the run of the mill "I wanna take over" mold.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger
    I always thought he was a great villain, and rather unique. He wasn't so much the "I want to rule the universe!" type as he was a creature who believed he was creating a better natural order. His dialogue was great, too. "This is my time, this is my season!" They did a good job of giving him a "plant perspective" on things.

The new version kind of lacked this distinctness, being more in the run of the mill "I wanna take over" mold.
    Thats an interesting point you have brought up. Evilseed may have been indirectly a dig at science and technology saying we need to keep nature as nature. I never thought of it like that before.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shigsy2003
    Thats an interesting point you have brought up. Evilseed may have been indirectly a dig at science and technology saying we need to keep nature as nature. I never thought of it like that before.

Chris M

You know, that kind of ties into one of the things I like most about Eternia. The combination of magic and technology, between a natural world and a man-made world. Science vs. Sorcery, and I think Evilseed makes an interesting embodiment of a natural evil more powerful than both (he gets Man-At-Arms as well as Evil-Lyn, among others.)

Or I'm reading WAAAAAY too much into it.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman
    You know, that kind of ties into one of the things I like most about Eternia. The combination of magic and technology, between a natural world and a man-made world. Science vs. Sorcery, and I think Evilseed makes an interesting embodiment of a natural evil more powerful than both (he gets Man-At-Arms as well as Evil-Lyn, among others.)

Or I'm reading WAAAAAY too much into it.
    I don't know you have made some interesting points about him beating both Science and Sorcery. It does make alot of sense as well as Filmation liked to talk about keeping the world safe from pollution and saving trees. So showing us nature is the most powerful but in an indirect way would make sense. Also Evilseed was not killed by anything man made. It was snow which also backs up this theory.

Chris M