Page 72 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Thanks everybody. So far its been a good day. Got $100 from Mom and Dad, that Im putting aside for Toy Show.

Just for the record, Gilbert will be nowhere near me when I do get my cake, but the rest of you are more than welcome to join in.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Happy birthday, Dennis! Glad to hear you had a good one.
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

Chicagoland Sightings Part 2 - The Revenge!!!

OK, my guess is thanks to Jimmy & Gabe's rantings about each other's wives, our thread has now been locked. No more talk about that. That's what Private Messages are for.

Dan - I got your message when I got home Sunday night. I'll give you a call later in the week.

On toy news, I got my Chase Bullseye in the mail today, and my Chase Hulk & Chase Storm should arrive this week before Toy Show. Who all is definitely going Sunday, and do we wnat to bother making up the Want Lists again? I'll be there Sunday, but I gotta head out at noon-12:30ish, since I start work at 2:00. Are we meeting up at BK@7am like usual?

EDIT: Jimmy - Any word on the new C3 Mini-Flyer sets? AFX has them in stock. Just curious if you were able to order them or not, and when they might be in, if you've heard. LMK!

And apparently the 2nd ROTS Unleashed Wave IS out. There are a few sellers on ebay with them in hand, and amazon lists them as in stock. Guess I'll be hunting for them this week! If anybody sees them, grab them for me please! (Darth Vader/Asajj Ventress/Yoda vs. Palpatine)
    Last edited by Skullface; April 19, 2005 at 01:31am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Brad:

Thx homey!
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

skullface- i told you they had them listed to be released on the 15th. if i see them i got you covered!

i still don't know if i'm going to toy show or not???

yeah the friendly bantering needs to stop since this is s/b a he-man/motu thread, and there is sooooooo much stuff to talk about these days!!!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

HA, what a farkin' joke! I guess I'll see you guys around!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

How come the Ontario thread is still open but ours was closed... I'M OUTRAGED

were theye BS'n as much as we were??? if so i demand that they shut them down too!!!

=)

I checked.. I don't see anything in there that would get the thread shut down in the Ontario thread.

oh well, i guess we just suck then!

=)

Wow, the Chicago Horde stopped by a Mod. I never thought I'd live to see the day.

It looks like I won't be hitting the two show. I've got two other things going on that day, and even out of those, I'm not sure yet which one I'm doing.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

I'll be there on Sunday, and once again thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I'll still gladly accept presents on Sunday

I may be able to make it, but I probably won't know until Sunday. Mostly it's a matter of being able to be awake in time to be someplace at 7. Ugh.

i'm not gonna make it afterall. i have friends & family coming over for the weekend and i'll be pretty busy.

have fun and buy any and all battle beasts weapons you see for me!

=)

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    WOW! MODs are GREAT!! IF anyone is planning to meet at the store on Sunday morning PLEASE let me know before Sunday-'cause if not, I won't be here!
    I got my Orion slave girl!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

jimmy- no she's not!!!

=)

HOORAY!!!!! My MOTU Atari 2600 game arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor
    jimmy- no she's not!!!
    Are you referring to last week's Enterprise? Cause if so, I'm a gigantic dork for actually catching the reference.

Regarding this weekend, I may not be able to make it to the toy show after all - I forgot that I'm probably going to be meeting my family for lunch for my grandmother's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS
    Are you referring to last week's Enterprise? Cause if so, I'm a gigantic dork for actually catching the reference.

Regarding this weekend, I may not be able to make it to the toy show after all - I forgot that I'm probably going to be meeting my family for lunch for my grandmother's birthday.
    Its a shame you cant join us, but have a great time with your family

I want to come to toy show. :/ boooooooooooooo

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Which toy show are you guys talking about? The only one I know to be this weekend is the Star Wars Celebration III.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Musician
    Which toy show are you guys talking about? The only one I know to be this weekend is the Star Wars Celebration III.
    We're referring to the Kane County Toy Show. They have 3 a year at the Kane County Fairgrounds. Last Sunday of April, last Saturday of June, & last Sunday of October. The June show sucks, the April one is usually hit or miss, and the October one is usually pretty good. Starts at 8am, and I think goes until 3pm. Lots of dealers, but probably about half of them are non-action figure related. (Mostly dolls, die-cast stuff, misc. memorobillia like posters, older toys, promo items, bobble heads, etc...) Star Wars, Sportspix & Marvel Legends are probably the biggest current features there, and there's always some classic & current MOTU, LOTR, Simpsons, Muppets, assorted DC & Marvel figs, McFarlane and the rest. We usually meet up at the nearby Burger King at 7am for breakfast and get in line around 7:45. I think admission is like $6-$8. If you take the time to look, you can score some really good deals, like one of the Horde members picked up a MINT & complete Sorceress for $3. (I'm sure Compuman STILL remembes that one.... )

Compuman - I for the life of me can't remember, but did the initial launch PSPs come with the USB cable? Either I'm going crazy, or I can't find mine. I'll have to buy one anyway, but if you could let me know, then I can possibly stop searching for something that ain't there!
    Last edited by Skullface; April 21, 2005 at 01:49am.

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface
    We're referring to the Kane County Toy Show. They have 3 a year at the Kane County Fairgrounds. Last Sunday of April, last Saturday of June, & last Sunday of October. The June show sucks, the April one is usually hit or miss, and the October one is usually pretty good. Starts at 8am, and I think goes until 3pm. Lots of dealers, but probably about half of them are non-action figure related. (Mostly dolls, die-cast stuff, misc. memorobillia like posters, older toys, promo items, bobble heads, etc...) Star Wars, Sportspix & Marvel Legends are probably the biggest current features there, and there's always some classic & current MOTU, LOTR, Simpsons, Muppets, assorted DC & Marvel figs, McFarlane and the rest. We usually meet up at the nearby Burger King at 7am for breakfast and get in line around 7:45. I think admission is like $6-$8. If you take the time to look, you can score some really good deals, like one of the Horde members picked up a MINT & complete Sorceress for $3. (I'm sure Compuman STILL remembes that one.... )

Compuman - I for the life of me can't remember, but did the initial launch PSPs come with the USB cable? Either I'm going crazy, or I can't find mine. I'll have to buy one anyway, but if you could let me know, then I can possibly stop searching for something that ain't there!
    Thanks for the information on the Kane County Show. I can also answer your question about the PSP. The PSP's launched in the U.S. do not come with the USB cable. However, if you ordered it from an online dealer, it would usually be included in the value pack, but not in the actual PSP box.

Thanks to Mystical Musician & Compuman for the PSP USB clarification. My digital camera's USB cable is the right size, so that one works just fine. But for some reason, I had to actually go in and add a Music folder for the PSP to recognize my MP3s I put on it.

Just got back from the 3am-noon shift at work, doing the "Scan Return" for movies & music. (Sending stuff back that is overstock and items Target will no longer be carrying) Saddest item for me was seeing that the 2nd volume of Space Ghost Coast 2 Coast will no longer be carried at Target. Kinda stupid, since we're carrying Volume 3 that just came out last week.....

And I got my 2 ML figs I was waiting on in the mail yesterday! So now I'm 100% with Waves 4, 8 & 9. All I'm missing from 6 is Dark Phoenix, half of Wave 7, and pretty much everything else outside of Nick Fury & Wave 3 Wolverine. Do we want to make a formal Want List for Toy Show, or would it just be easier to kinda go around the table at BK and give each other a heads-up as to what to look for? Outside of the above mentioned ML figs, all I'm looking for are the last few HTF MOTU pieces I need (repaints, Mecha Deluxes, Rotocasts) the old SW Playskool "Fast Through the Forest" Endor set, and the 4H Bane & Scarecrow. (I'm getting a case through GCC, but I need extras of each to open) I'm not worried about the 2nd ROTS Unleashed Wave, and I'm all caught up on WWE Classics.

EDIT: Just read on the net - the MOTU 2-disc 10 best set will retail for $25. Possibly lower at Targets/Wal-Marts/Best Buys.

But the BIGGER news is that THUNDERCATS Season 1 - Part 1 has been officially street dated for 8/9/05!!!!! Same set up as the 1st MOTU set: 33 episodes, but no listing as to how many discs. MSRP is reported at $65, so I'm guessing it'll be at least 5-6 discs. Too bad it's being released too close to Wizard World! I'll probably have to hold off until later in August to grab it! And even better is that Warner is planning for Season 1 - Part 2 to be released before the end of the year! I smell Holiday sales.....

Here's the link:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3286
    Last edited by Skullface; April 21, 2005 at 01:59pm.

since i won't be able to make it, all i'm looking for is battle beasts weapons, so if someone would keep a eye out i would really appreciate it.

skullface- i think the kb near me has that SW playskool set your looking for before you pay out your a$$ for it. i'll lyk by saturday 4 sure.

brian s- i was referring to jimmy's sig!

=)