Page 74 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

hordebabe1
    WOW! Did everyone check out the main page? Some great stuff!
    -Toy show was FUN! I'm sure Brad'll post a more detailed report,but in my opinion the BEST part was Dennis' hat blowing off in the parking lot and seeing him chase it!
    -This was the first time in a LONG time that I saw more CLASSIC MOTU then NEW MOTU....
    The worst part was that someone was giving away free Battle Beasts stuff-none of us took any though!
    .....and I just realized that I posted under Shawn's account....so before it starts-SHUTTY!

farking bastiches!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Steaky
    Quote Originally Posted by hordebabe1
    WOW! Did everyone check out the main page? Some great stuff!
    -Toy show was FUN! I'm sure Brad'll post a more detailed report,but in my opinion the BEST part was Dennis' hat blowing off in the parking lot and seeing him chase it!
    -This was the first time in a LONG time that I saw more CLASSIC MOTU then NEW MOTU....
    The worst part was that someone was giving away free Battle Beasts stuff-none of us took any though!
    .....and I just realized that I posted under Shawn's account....so before it starts-SHUTTY!
    Yeah, The Kane CO. Show was pretty good.
    It never fails how cold it is standing in line.
    Me and my buddy are always the 5th or 6th in line
    so we were standing there since 6:45am.

I didn't pick up a lot of He-man stuff.
    There was more vintage stuff than new though.
    Our focus was dollar bins that had older stuff from the '80's .
    I managed to snag some Silver Hawks,ThunderCats, older wrestlers
    and some He-man knockoffs for a dollar each and in good condition.

I'd say the major attraction was the Marvel Legends.
    But the prices on the variants were pretty high.

All in all still a cool show to go to and worth it !!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Im so glad that I can be everyones highlight. Why do I have to have something always happening to me. Thanks to Darrell for the find on the Nintendo PVC figurines and the Mario doll and thanks to Birk for breakfast
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Scored a clone commander, clone pilot, and....

POSSIBLE SPOILER FIGURES BELOW

Exploding Grievous and palpatine #35 with blue saber when it's supposed to be red I guess. While I was at it I picked up a Luminara since I didn't have her.

Spoilers over...

OK, I guess I'll leave the Toy Show report:

Overall, I'd say this show was more of a miss than a hit. Not terrible, but not great either. I'm sure the cold made it seem worse than it actually was. I think it was a toss-up for who scored the most stuff between Dennis & Birk. I'm sure Dennis has watched his Fraggle Rock DVDs about 10 times by now....

Highest volume of figures there was Star Wars, with ML probably as a close second. Although, almost all the ML prices were WAY too high, and nobody wanted to deal. The one dealer, affectionately known as the "Rapist" wanted $130 for his Dark Phoenix, $100 for his Phasing Ghost Rider, & $90 for Toad. While he had pretty much everything I was looking for, I sure as hell wasn't about to cough up over $300 for 3 figs. I think the cheapest Hawkeye I saw was $18, but I didn't grab it on my 1st pass, and he was gone by the time I got back. I did pick up a regular Human Torch, a regular Thing, Magneto, Silver Surfer, & Hulk w/ripped shirt all for just under $60. I think Birk scored the best deal though, on his Darth Vader Unleashed refresh MOC for $15. Coolest thing I saw there was a 2004 NYC Toy Fair WWE Classic Ultimate Warrior, limited to 100 pieces, but the guy wanted $200 for it! Not a lot of "current" MOTU. Didn't even see anything past the Aldi's Snakemen Wave, and prices were pretty cheap, except for the guy who had a K-Mart Mer-Man w/trading card for $25. Lots of classic MOTU stuff though.

All in all, kind of a disappointing show, but definitely better than last year's June show. (Which I think most of us are skipping this year) I'll just save my $$$ for Wizard & the October show.

BTW, when do we want to meet next? Our normal scheduled meeting is this coming Sunday. If we want to re-schedule, the next Sunday, 5/8 is Mother's Day, not to mention that the day before is Free Comic Book Day. If we reschedule, I vote for the 15th. Thoughts?

BTW - did anybody else read Ian Richter's answers to the Q&A? Check the home page for details. Lots of cool info on what was planned for the cartoon, and that they're working on putting the new toon on DVD!!!!! After reading it, I'm even MORE PO'd that it got dropped. The Horde taking over Eternia for season 3? MAA getting turned into a Snakeman "permanently"? Clawful getting smart? Horde Armor He-Man? I REALLY hope something happens to where we can get some direct to DVD episodes/movies if the toon doesn't get picked back up.....
    Last edited by Skullface; April 26, 2005 at 02:44am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Steaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullface
    OK, I guess I'll leave the Toy Show report:

Overall, I'd say this show was more of a miss than a hit. Not terrible, but not great either. I'm sure the cold made it seem worse than it actually was. I think it was a toss-up for who scored the most stuff between Dennis & Birk. I'm sure Dennis has watched his Fraggle Rock DVDs about 10 times by now....

Highest volume of figures there was Star Wars, with ML probably as a close second. Although, almost all the ML prices were WAY too high, and nobody wanted to deal. The one dealer, affectionately known as the "Rapist" wanted $130 for his Dark Phoenix, $100 for his Phasing Ghost Rider, & $90 for Toad. While he had pretty much everything I was looking for, I sure as hell wasn't about to cough up over $300 for 3 figs. I think the cheapest Hawkeye I saw was $18, but I didn't grab it on my 1st pass, and he was gone by the time I got back. I did pick up a regular Human Torch, a regular Thing, Magneto, Silver Surfer, & Hulk w/ripped shirt all for just under $60. I think Birk scored the best deal though, on his Darth Vader Unleashed refresh MOC for $15. Coolest thing I saw there was a 2004 NYC Toy Fair WWE Classic Ultimate Warrior, limited to 100 pieces, but the guy wanted $200 for it! Not a lot of "current" MOTU. Didn't even see anything past the Aldi's Snakemen Wave, and prices were pretty cheap, except for the guy who had a K-Mart Mer-Man w/trading card for $25. Lots of classic MOTU stuff though.

All in all, kind of a disappointing show, but definitely better than last year's June show. (Which I think most of us are skipping this year) I'll just save my $$$ for Wizard & the October show.

BTW, when do we want to meet next? Our normal scheduled meeting is this coming Sunday. If we want to re-schedule, the next Sunday, 5/8 is Mother's Day, not to mention that the day before is Free Comic Book Day. If we reschedule, I vote for the 15th. Thoughts?

BTW - did anybody else read Ian Richter's answers to the Q&A? Check the home page for details. Lots of cool info on what was planned for the cartoon, and that they're working on putting the new toon on DVD!!!!! After reading it, I'm even MORE PO'd that it got dropped. The Horde taking over Eternia for season 3? MAA getting turned into a Snakeman "permanently"? Clawful getting smart? Horde Armor He-Man? I REALLY hope something happens to where we can get some direct to DVD episodes/movies if the toon doesn't get picked back up.....

I gotta disagree you slightly.
    Although many items were overpriced, It was still a good show.
    I guess it comes down to what you were looking for.
    (plus it pays to be in front of the line)

As soon as the gates opened, there was a guy in the first tent selling loose complete He-man figs. from the new series for $2.00 each.
    I mean the guy had them all. In 10 minutes they were all gone.
    I managed to get an evil Lyn and Prince Adam.

The ML figures were pretty high but I was focused in on '80's figures which I found excellent deals on.

I always say I won't go to the summer show but I always find my self there.
    Besides a garage sale, where else will you find a plenum of figures waiting to be picked thru !!

good thing i didn't go it didn't sound like much was going on except for the star wars stuff.

i'm up for whenever for the meeting!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1
    Im so glad that I can be everyones highlight. Why do I have to have something always happening to me.
    Your zany adventures have filled us with laughter many times, my friend. That's truly a gift

Brad:

I think I have an extra Human Torch with the 4 logo -- if I do, he's all yours! I've only got about 100 more boxes to go through. I think I also picked up ML series 5 when it first came out, so not sure if you need those or not, but I believe I have the entire series. Again, I'll know more when I start digging. Will let U know.
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

Heroic Warrior
    hey, brad!

any sign of the new deluxe (vader on operating table, yoda on dragonfly) or 12" (jedi chicks) star wars at your store? or the wrestling toys with tyson tomko & william regal?

just wondering before i made the trip with one of my evenings.

also -- what's the scoop on the exclusive clone trooper? are all stores supposed to hold it til the 8th?

thanks!
    e

i don't remember who's in series 5 so i might need a few from that set if you're selling them Dan?

=)

oh ok! nope then i don't need any of those.

thx Dan!

=)

The next few weekends are bad for me in general - I've got stuff to finish for class for the next couple of weekends, and then the weekend of the 15th is Anime Central, followed by a trip to Champaign for Episode III the next week.

So whenever the meeting is, it's probably equally bad for me.
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor
    oh ok! nope then i don't need any of those.

thx Dan!

=)
    You can never have too many Howard the Ducks!

I forgot to add I found those figures at wal-mart, not toy show cuz I didn't go to the toy show.

So check your wal-marts (or kohls, I heard they have the newer SW figures and will price match with ads)

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I'm sure Dennis has watched his Fraggle Rock DVDs about 10 times by now....
    Actually I have yet to watch any of the DVDs I got at Toy Show
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

I just realized something -- I have too much crap. :/ You know you have too much crap when you find carded Big Bad Beetleborg figures!

And not like 1 or 2..

The entire SERIES!

I should start the NC Beetle Bonders club!

Dan - If you have an extra Torch w/the 4 logo, I definitely need it. And as far as Wave 5 goes, I still need Mr. Fantastic, Sabretooth, & Colossus. (And of course, Red Skull ) I'm off Wednesday, so I'll DEFINITELY give you a call at night.

As far as the Target Clone Troopers go, still nothing yet. They're not officially street dated for 5/8, that's just the planned date when the aisle is going to be revised. I haven't seen the layout yet, but I assume the only changes are going to be that the 3 pegs for the Lava Vader will get switched to the Clone Trooper, and the 5-pack collectors cases will get put in the aisle somewhere. And we do have the collectors cases in stock, but before anybody gets excited over them, all they are is a 5-pack of clear protective Star cases like the Lava Vader was packaged in. They're $9.99 for the 5-pack. I'm hoping that either we get a crapload of Galactic Heroes in, or that the 10 pegs for them get knocked down, since we haven't had them in stock since 4/2.

And on an ML note, we're supposed to FINALLY get another shipment of them in around 5/8. Give or take a few days. I'm not sure if it'll be Wave 8 or 9, or how many cases we'll get. (I highly doubt we'd get Wave 10 before everybody else) I did notice today that we FINALLY dropped the Spider-Man 2 figures from the aisle and started carrying Spidey Classics again. Had a Venom & Sandman on the pegs tonight, and we STILL have the 1 peg for just the villains that are in a different assortment.

EDIT: Wheeeee!!! Just scored a carded ML Series 3 unmasked Wolverine for $12 + shipping off ebay!
    Last edited by Skullface; April 27, 2005 at 02:57am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

sweet score brad! if you see any of the 1 per figs or chase figs that you already have from any ML cases that come in, please snag them for me.

air7walk- you have way too much spendable cash buddy! looks like you can start your own rejected toys toystore in NC.

thx for the tip leo!

are we gonna have a horde outing for episode III or just do our own thing?

=)

You guys still meet? I will be moving back to zion in about a week and a half. It would be good to meet yall again (or for the first time)

oh and I have a red skull, someone said they needed it?
    Your witness Mr. Birdbrain.

that would be cool! yeah we still meet once a month religiously & yeah skullface needs a red skull if your looking to sell one?

=)

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    And we do have the collectors cases in stock, but before anybody gets excited over them, all they are is a 5-pack of clear protective Star cases like the Lava Vader was packaged in. They're $9.99 for the 5-pack.
    Just to warn everyone about those 5-packs of protective cases, make sure you read the threads about them at rebelscum.com first. A lot of people have been saying that they will damage your cards because they do not properly fit the new EIII toys. I personally saw some lava vaders that were damaged from there "protective" cases, and I was lucky with mine. Just wanted to give everyone a warning. And please feel free to hold me a new Target clone trooper when they come out. I will buy a couple myself if I run into them first, and hold one for someone who needs it locally here.

leave it to hasbro to mess up a good thing!

=)

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor
    leave it to hasbro to mess up a good thing!

=)
    Yup, don't know how they could of messed the cases up.