Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

i don't see a problem w/ it right now!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Hello All,

Happy Belated Birthdays to anyone I might have missed. My days are all messed up.

I've been working a route that pulls out of Hansville, which is not far from Great America. So I've been getting up at 2AM to get out of the house by 3Am to get to work by 4AM. I've been getting home about 6PM everyday. The route covers about 70 miles round trip. I hit parts of Gurnee, Zion, Waukeegan, and some real crappy parts of that town. I only have a few days left then I'll be in the Arlington Heights/Elk Grove Village for 5 weeks.

On the toys, I got what I think is series 2 of the FF figures minus Doom. Still no Mysterio from SMC, but I've seen the wave a few times now. I'm sure I'll get him soon.

I think I up to #44 or #45 on the SW figures.

Haven't popped open Hush 3 yet.

On the comic front, I'm almost done reading books that came out in March.

And Skull, my advice is just get out of Target all together. It's the best thing I've ever done. My manager had a huge ego and was just a complete Ahole. I know that since I walked out on him, at least three others have as well. And that does not look good in front of his bosses to have that many people jumpship in such a short time. I'm sure they will be looking for people from other stores to help out before long.

Episode III - I'll see it next week during the day. That and Batman Begins are my two "go see at the threater" movies this year. (Sorry, but FF is going to wait for DVD)

Talk to you all later.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Compuman and pt,

Those pictures put a face on the story you told us and its great to see that true love is still alive.

Best wishes to you two

EDIT: My 2500th post!!!! WOO HOO
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Heroic Warrior
    hey, brad --

if your store gets in the fantastic four figures, would you mind letting me know which version of the invisible woman you get? (there's all painted, half-invisible, and all-invisible)

i found them at the target by my office, and picked up the all-invisible version. i actually picked up a second in hopes that i could trade it with someone for another version, so if anyone reading this finds the others, and is looking for the clear version, let me know.

thanks!
    e

Quote Originally Posted by gamera8
    hey, brad --

if your store gets in the fantastic four figures, would you mind letting me know which version of the invisible woman you get? (there's all painted, half-invisible, and all-invisible)

i found them at the target by my office, and picked up the all-invisible version. i actually picked up a second in hopes that i could trade it with someone for another version, so if anyone reading this finds the others, and is looking for the clear version, let me know.

thanks!
    e
    E - We got 2 cases of the FF figs in last week. I opened 1 up to see the case pack, which is 4 Thing, 4 Torch, 3 Mr. Fantastic, & 1 Invisible Woman. The case I opened had a full painted Sue Storm. The endcap for these guys went up today, and both Sue Storms were gone when I got into work today at 5. Don't think ANY of the remaining figures sold at all. In my store, the FF endcap replaced the Episode 3 figure endcap, and there's also a Batman Begins endcap that went up today. Nothing new on it, but I can't remember - are there 2 versions of Scarecrow? I'm not talking about the "Bloody" variant. I never really looked at the fig that closely, but the ones on the endcap today had some kind of "skirt" on the fig. Couldn't remember if that's the same one that's been shipping, or if it's a newer version. No sightings of any Ras-Al Ghuls, outside of the one I picked up for Jimmy last week.

Marc - While Target for me has had its ups & downs, I really can't complain too much. My store is one of the better ones in the district, where most of the team members get along really well. Sure it ain't pefect, but it's due in part to the STL we've had. He rocks, and it's mostly because he started out on the salesfloor when he was 15, so he literally knows how things really are out on the floor. Since he's leaving to open up the new Super Target in Tinley Park, I'm REALLY gonna try to see if he can take me with him. There are a few of us who feel the same way. When he leaves, I forsee our store going downhill to some degree, but I couldn't tell you how bad it might get, if at all. Hopefully I'll find out in the next week or two if there's anything he can do, or if I need to try to transfer on my own. I'd just be worried that by doing it myself, I'd effectively lose my position somewhat and no longer be running electronics. The only other area I *MIGHT* consider running would be toys.

And on an awesome note, I scored Darth Maul & Chewbacca from BK today, and my mom came through with a Vader for me tonight! I think it's written in the cards somewhere that guys (except leo) WILL NOT be able to get Vader. Jimmy, get Shawn to score one for ya! Now if anybody can snag me a Luke or Yoda, I'd be all set. The BK by my work got the third wave in today, so I'll be heading there to try and get all of them, in addition to hitting other chains to grab the previously mentioned Yoda & Luke I'm missing. (Unless anybody has any extras of those 2 they could hook me up with....)

EDIT: And for anybody keeping tabs on what BK toys are in each wave, here ya go:

Week 1 - Started 5/10/05
    Han Solo
    Jabba the Hutt
    Luke Skywalker
    Wicket
    Millenium Falcon

Week 2 - started 5/17/05 (probably ends this Wednesday)
    Yoda
    R2-D2
    Darth Maul
    Chewbacca
    X-Wing

Week 3 - starts around 5/24-5/25 (just hitting now!)
    Padme Amidala
    Emperor Palpatine
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jawa
    Podracer

Week 4 - starts around 5/31-6/1 (next week)
    General Grievous
    Jar Jar Binks
    Princess Leia Organa
    Boga
    Jedi Starfighter

Week 5 - starts around 6/7-6/8 (2 weeks out)
    Clone Trooper
    Boba Fett
    C-3PO
    Wampa
    Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

Week 6 - starts around 6/14-6/15 (3 weeks out)
    Watto
    Super Battle Droid
    Mace Windu
    Tarfful
    Landspeeder

So Brian, Palpatine is just starting to hit now, and Grievous will be out next week.

And regular ROTS figure collectors, start hitting Wally World. Several people on rebelscum report finding figs #45-#47 there in the last 2-3 days......
    Last edited by Skullface; May 25, 2005 at 03:02am.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Warrior
    thanks for the info, brad!

if your store restocks, please let me know!

*crickets*

Is anyone around?

For anyone that cares, I almost won a chase He-Man! My max bid was $504, and bayloadzone beat me by $10

CURSE YOU, REVERSE PAINT SCHEME!!
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk
    *crickets*

Is anyone around?

For anyone that cares, I almost won a chase He-Man! My max bid was $504, and bayloadzone beat me by $10

CURSE YOU, REVERSE PAINT SCHEME!!
    *sigh* Tales of the sniper..... I lost an auction for a ML Dark Phoenix the other day. My max bid was $45, and jerky won it for $46.....

Snipers suck.....unless Im the one doing the sniping

ditto!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1
    Snipers suck.....unless Im the one doing the sniping

Right!!!!! We all do it, but it sucks when the occasional(sp) sniper gets sniped!!!

"Oh-well, next time" , that's what I always tell myself!

Hmmmm on topic, lets see.......................................I really can't wait for those cool mini statues to come out. I WANT HORDAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Gabe look what I just found in the Fan Art Section!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKELEPIMP WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Moondrake; May 27, 2005 at 11:00am.
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

I just traded my loose ROTS gunship for a mosc Target Vader, very cool person who traded it to me. Now my Rots collection is complete save the S/A clone trooper which I heard is starting to pop up everywhere. Looking into trading some old hot wheels for a McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

Anyone else realize how much Marvel Legends have gone down in price on eBay? It's a great thing for those who missed out, but I feel sorry for all those people that dropped over a hundred bucks for a Dark Phoenix only for it to be like $30 on eBay now. Good thing though, maybe scalpers will be stuck with hundreds of Cables and regular Phoenix figures and they'll leave all the new Marvel Legends on the pegs for collectors...

I think I'm missing a Green Phoenix, but I figure I'll get one eventually as she drastically went down in price.

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk
    Hey, think of it this way. You just avoiding having to pay $504 for a small chunk of plastic that's just slightly different than another small chunk of plastic that you already own!
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

The completist in me just died when you said that.
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

that skelepimp artwork is farking SICK!!! i'm gonna use it as my wallpaper @ work.

skelepimp rules!!!

=)
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; May 27, 2005 at 02:22pm.

That is some kick-@$$ artwork

I assume everybody's out toy hunting, due to the lack of posts.

I ran over to Wally World this morning to see if they had any of the newer Episode 3 assortments w/Tarkin & the 2 Senators, but no dice. They didn't really have too much of anything worthwhile. They cut the pegs for Marvel Legends from 9 to 3 to make room for the FF movie figs, which they don't even have yet. And from the looks of the few Wal-Marts I've hit lately, it seems as though they are getting mixed cases of ML. The 3 I hit this week have several different combinations of Wave 6, (Cable, Movie Punisher, Brown Wolverine) Wave 8, (Ultimate Cap, Iceman, Storm, Modern Armor Iron Man) and Wave 9 (Deathlok, Bullseye, Prof. X, Gray Hulk) Guess Toy Biz is trying to unload their pegwarmers before Wave 10 ships.....

Still have yet to come across a Spidey Classics Mysterio, and the new Scarecrow I saw the other day is a new sculpt. But he's easy to find, so I left him along with a few of the "Bloody" variants I've seen. Everybody seems to be out of stock on Galactic Heroes. I know our store only got 1 case since 4/2, and it was all the repacks in newer packaging. All 12 sold in like 2 days. Last I checked, we're supposed to get a shipment of them sometime around 6/5. With the exception of regular figs, deluxe figs & the micro vehicles, my store is basically sold out of pretty much all Episode 3 toys. (Not including board games & Legos) I think we've only got like 3 Unleashed Anakins, 2 or 3 Force Battlers and maybe 1 or 2 of the small figures w/vehicles. No lightsabers, no guns, no Vader Voice Changers, no Darth Taters, no figures w/cups. Pretty much everything is out of stock. And they KEEP sending us case after case of Collection 1 basic figs. We've got so many frickin' Articulated Clone Troopers, Wookie Warriors, Niemoidian Warriors & Destroyer Droids, it's almost sickening. Last night I counted AT LEAST 20 of the same Collection 1 cases in the stockroom, not to mention the overfilled pegs. The problem is that at Target, Collection 1 & Collection 2 have their own unique item numbers in the computer. But whoever straightens & stocks the figures just puts them wherever. This screws up the inventory/research team when they check stock. Sure the pegs are full of figures, but the C2 pegs are almost full of nothing but C1 figures. If our inventory counts are off, we'd never know. (Of course, I try to superzone them daily to keep everybody else's screwups to a minimum......)

Hey, does anybody need a Burger King Obi-Wan? I have 3 extras of him I'm planning on exchanging, since I still need Palpatine & the Podracer from this week. And it looks like I have officially mised the boat on Yoda & Luke. Looks like it'll be off to ebay for them.....

leo - Do you still need the BK Han & Wicket I have? If not, let me know so I can swap them out. I've also got an extra R2 and the 3 aforementioned Obi-Wans if you or anybody else needs them.....

If anybody has an extra Darth Vader figure theyre looking to unload, I need one and I dont care what condition the package is because its for my 3 year old nephew and hes going to want it opened.

Thanks guys

CRAP!!! I went to my local BK after church today, hoping to score the Palpatine & Podracer I needed, and they've already got the next assortment of figs! Came away w/Jar Jar & Grievous. I'm making it my mission tomorrow before work to score the 2 I'm missing, along with the 3 new ones. I'm just gonna be sick from all the kids' meals.....

sorry for not posting lately, been real busy working on the patio in the back and putting together the new grill, and tomorrow we will be shopping for a patio set and more pebble stones to finish off the patio. credit is a beautiful thing!!!

also went to BK for lunch and scored a darth vader for alec, and obi wan & jawa for myself i'll have to go back for the podracer and other 2. i'm still looking for a chewy if anyone has one or see's one?

=)

Not too much to report here.

I went to a new Mejier in Carol Stream yesterday. No pegs for Marvel Legends or Spidey classics. Strange. However, I pulled a Dennis and knocked over a display of DVD's.

I went to a new Wally World that opened in Addison today. A few ML's, a few Spideys, and the second series of FF movie figures minus Doom. By the way, is Doom out?

I did score the first series of FF movie the other day minus Invisible Woman. I also scored a Bullseye variant off of E-Bay for $4.24.

I've got tomorrow off and I should have hopefully an easier route for the next couple of weeks so I won't be working 15 hours a day.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface

leo - Do you still need the BK Han & Wicket I have? If not, let me know so I can swap them out. I've also got an extra R2 and the 3 aforementioned Obi-Wans if you or anybody else needs them.....
    Brad - Hey man sorry to be a bother but if you wouldn't mind holding on to them for me I need any extras. I have an extra Darth Maul I think, if you need it?

Well I got my Eagle Scout ceremony done today and bam I have a lot of cash to save for college.... yeah that's not gonna happen, lead the way to toys r us

Next week I graduate high school, so I'm pumped. I'm off to Ecuador in 2 weeks for a mission trip with my church, very awesome. I'm gonna be busy, hopefully I'll see some of you guys before then though.

Jimmy - I hope you had a good time in Ny.... didja meet the TMNT? Seriously though show me some pictures of the TMNT store and the squishy leo statue

Marc - Don't worry man it happens to the best of us, I was down the magazine aisle at wal-mart and knocked over a row of books and I'm just like screw this and left with some other customers picking up my mess, it wasn't a big deal at all just hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc
    However, I pulled a Dennis and knocked over a display of DVD's.
    Ive never knocked any DVDs over, thank you very much

no but some expensive vintage star wars 12" figs from what i recall!

=)

leo - no probs on holding the Han & Wicket. I've got my Darth Maul already, but thanks for the offer. That still leaves me 3 extra Obi-Wans & an R2 if anybody needs them.....

If anybody's still looking for the Sneak Preview figures, check out your local Walgreens. I went there yesterday to pick up a prescription for Kim, and they had multiples of all 4 figures, so I'm now done with those, after picking up the Grievous I couldn't find anywhere else. They're $7.99 each though...
    Last edited by Skullface; May 30, 2005 at 12:47pm.