Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 15522

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

ditto!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Happy holidays to the Chi-town horde. It's Darrell from Jimmy's computer, any of you Marvel Legends collectors please let me know if there is any of them you want that Jimmy had posted for me yesterday. I see that some of you might have already scored the figs I found last night, but let me know otherwise if no one wants/needs them, I'll return them. They're $8.50 apiece. I would prefer not to raffle them off, and hopefully have what it takes to fill the gaps in your collections, but I just want to make everyone happy. The Meijer I had found the ML rider figs. also had the new non-movie Fantastic Four figs.

Gabe, thanks again to you and your family for the great time at your party last week & I'll bring your Ghost Rider fig. for the next meeting.

Hope of you have a safe and happy holiday!

i'll take all but the ultron and extra vengeance DD and that should pretty much square up for the 2 figs i got coming for ya!

thx in advance!

=)

Darrell says "cool!" They're yours!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS HORDE!!
    First the bad news:
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4756
    -BUT-it's still coming out. Even if they start season 2 in the summer,we'll still get it sooner or later!
    Now, the good news that's so good it makes all the other good news look like bad news:
    http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4756

-Even if it is a rumor, I can't stop smiling!
    I hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Even you, air7walk!

Merry Christmas to all the Horde!!!

=)

Merry X-Mas all.

SOK, I know it's late, but I had a great time at the party. Thanks again for the Mecha figures. They are locked up in a safe place where Jimmy can't get to them.

I'm off today and my next day off is the 8th. I'm going to try and make the meeting. I have to get up to GCC anyway for some books I think I'm missing.

I was on a route last week that had the Wal-Mart in Mt. Prospect on it. That place is a joke. (Actually all Wal-Marts are). The backroom was a trainwreak. I will admit, even though I walked out on Target, their worst day in the back still has to be better than any Wal-Mart or Osco backroom I've been in. The whole week at the Wally World, the pegs on SW went from a few figs to none. They had cases in the back. They also had cases of "The Batman" in the back. No clue as to what they are doing in these stores. I don't know how they manage to stay open.

Next week I cover the Melrose Park area and will have the Wal-Mart in Northlake on my route. I already know what a mess that place is. I'm not looking forward to it.

On the ML front, I'm waiting for my sets to hit toynk. I'm covered for 11 and 12 except for the variants. Speaking of which, since X-Mas is over and Tara got her bonus, I think it might be time to hit e-bay and pick up Dark Phoenix and Phasing Ghost Rider.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

glad to hear you had a good time marc.

what did everybody get from santa?

=)

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I got an XM Radio Roady for my car, some of those Plug 'N Play games, a couple of CDs, a Best Buy gift card, socks, and a Nintendo T-Shirt
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Hope everybody had a good holiday. The last 2 weeks for me haven't been too great. X-Mas itself was good, but there's been a lot of crap going on with the current wife. Details aside, I haven't had much free time at all, but I'll definitely be there on the 8th for some fun! (Believe me, I need it!)

On the toy front, my store reset the action figures Tuesday morning, and here's what I was able to see:

1 aisle has Star Wars, Transformers, all the DC & Marvel stuff, and I think Toy Story. The other aisle has Power Rangers, WWE, GI Joe, Super Monkey Robot Team Hyper Force Go, Mega Man, and all the rest of the crap that none of us care about. (Except I can't remember if TMNT is still there or not-I know it wasn't selling too well, and a LOT of it went clearance, but I'll have to double check) We are carrying Figure Factory & Superhero Showdown now, but no FF Classics.

Let's just hope Mattel has learned their lesson, as the DC Heroes cases are packed with 8 figures, and the ratios are EVEN!!!! 2 Batman, 2 Bane, 2 Scarecrow, 2 Killer Croc. I grabbed my set, and had to leave the rest, but if they're evenly packed everywhere, these aren't going to be near the battle that Marvel Legnds are to find. We also got in the new The Batman figs, and I grabbed both Clayfaces & both Riddlers. (Wasn't sure if anybody needs Riddler, but better safe than sorry) I'll bring them next week. Most of the basic SW saga figs were gone by the time I got there, but we got the SW Transformers, Titaniums, and the freaky stupid Chopper assortments, along with the new 2" Unleashed and all the rest.

The toy reset isn't supposed to actually start until 1/1/06 at all Targets, but since the X-Mas stuff hasn't sold down enough to begin resetting the Seasonal area, they went ahead and started Toys since it's almost completely blown out.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I AM SO CRABBY TODAY!!!
    -Brian,there's a Kenshin here for you
    -Mike-the NAscar display is here for you

yeah i noticed the reset when i was @ target yesterday. i saw all the dc figs almost picked those up, saw the new unleashed figs- nice- but i'm not getting into those at all. the new galactic hereos are hitting w/ the endor luke & speeder, but tht the only one they had so i passed on it. the chopper things look stupid! and i got all but chewy from the saga figs. anybody know why han solo looks like he's high on something???

=)

Just a heads-up to the ML collectors out there: Targets are now receiving the Apocalypse series, as my buddy at the New Lenox store called me today to let me know they got a case of them in this morning. It surprisingly came evenly packed with 2 of each fig, and definitely included 4 of the 5 variants. (He wasn't aware of the X-23 variant, so he didn't look closely. When he went back to check, the other one was gone) He grabbed 10 of the 12 figs, leaving behind a Maestro & an X-23. So I've got the 4 other variants, plus all the regulars. (I'm still picking up the standard Bishop & Wolverine Darrell grabbed for me.) If anybody needs a regular Iron Fist, Sasquatch, Bishop or Wolverine, LMK ASAP so I can let him know which ones I'll take, and which ones he can return. So if anybody's looking, I need the Logan & Wonder Man variants from ML 11, and the X-23 purple outfit variant from ML 12.....

Just in case I'm not online the rest of the weekend, Happy New Year to all!

Here's my X-Mas report:

Scored:
    Greatest American Hero Season 3 (Still need to watch Season 2)
    BTAS Volume 4
    STAS Volume 2
    PS2 - Ultimate Spider-Man
    PS2 - X-Men Legends 2
    PS2 - Marvel Nemesis
    And some misc stuff.

Didn't Score:
    He-Man & She-Ra X-Mas
    Adventures of Superman Volume 1 (It's on my B-Day list now)
    Thundercats Volume 1 or 2

I picked up the DC Heroes from the Target at the Brickyard the other day. That's the only thing I've seen as of late that caught my eye. I'm sure my regular set of ML 11 will be hitting toynk soon. I was watching the Logan and WonderMan variants the other day and they aren't going for much at all. SW is also down to less than $25, so if she isn't included in my sets, I'm not worried too much. Plus I saw that Dark Phoenix and Phashing GR are way down. (Less that $20 on GR)

Other than that, not too much going on here. I've had two routes for the past two weeks that were 4AM pulls outs which has meant that I've got to get up between 1:30 AM and 2AM. I hate those so much. That's when life turns into work, dogs, and sleep. No time for myself. I've got comics to read from as far back as July. The books I bought in Oct, Nov, and Dec are still in their bags on the floor in my comic room. If I get a weekday off sometime soon and Tara has the same day off, I'm going to lock myself in the room for the day.

Talk to you all later

It is definately NOT COOL when people are picking up tons and tons of toys and still have stuff on hold with me!!! I'm tired of tripping over stuff at work

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
    It is definately NOT COOL when people are picking up tons and tons of toys and still have stuff on hold with me!!! I'm tired of tripping over stuff at work
    Check your PM's and get back to me.

everyone have a safe & happy new year! open invite for any horde members that wants to come over and celebrate w/ us. give me a buzz if you got my house or cell #.

=)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I'll be spending the day at work

happy new year!!! yeah............... i'm so full..........need to go puke!

=)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I'll be spending the day at work
    If it makes you feel any better, I worked today too. 5AM to 1PM

Hey, I had to close all weekend myself. 2:00-10:15 on New Year's Eve, and 1:30-10:30 New Year's Day. At least yesterday was time & a half.

At least by staying home this past weekend I was able to crank out about 8 DVDs that I hadn't watched yet. (Jeez, I sound like Darrell.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface
    Hey, I had to close all weekend myself. 2:00-10:15 on New Year's Eve, and 1:30-10:30 New Year's Day. At least yesterday was time & a half.

At least by staying home this past weekend I was able to crank out about 8 DVDs that I hadn't watched yet. (Jeez, I sound like Darrell.....)
    You forgot something something something Smurfs!.........what's time & a half?

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I dont think that your two feet count as "stuff", Jimmy

Happy New Year everyone
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1
    I dont think that your two feet count as "stuff", Jimmy

Happy New Year everyone
    Hey, why don't you go buy something and then sell it back to me?

Those were both funny.

Has anyone seen the New FF classics? I heard they hit Meijers, but I don't have one near me. I'm debating on whether I should just order a set online or not.