Page 170 of 621 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Did anybody, besides myself and Dynamo, get a chance to pre-order a Wii?
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1
    Nope - I had to work, and didn't want to drag 2 kids under 5 to wait at the local Gamestop from 6:30 am until 10:30. I'm signed up for both Gamestop/EB & Amazon's e-mail notification for online pre-orders though. Faililng that, my buddy Fred's gonna let me know how many Wii's his Target gets in for that Sunday, so I may wait overnight out there. (Unless he can get one of the hand-out tickets for me sooner, though I doubt it....) At least Target doesn't do a lottery like Best Buy, Wal-Mart & K-Mart. As long as you're in line before they run out of systems, it's first-come-first-serve.....

And surprisingly, not a single ad flyer I read today is advertising the Justice League game that comes out this week.....

Oh, and if anybody wants the new Mortal Kombat game, Fry's has it for $30 through Tuesday.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Isn't there usually problems with the first few shipments of new video game systems? I remember my days of darkness working at Target and in the first week at least 8 of the DS's were returned. And I lost count of how many slim PS2's were returned. I'm holding out for PS3 for either X-Mas of 07 or my B-Day in March 08. The price should really drop by then.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

When Best Buy release their numbers for the Wii, I could let you know the number of Wii's any of the Best Buy's in the area are getting

When Best Buy release their numbers for the Wii, I could let you know the number of Wii's any of the Best Buy's in the area are getting
    Yeah, but doesn't Best Buy usually do a midnight lottery sale for new systems? I remember when PS2 hit back in 2000, I drove by the Best Buy on Butterfield at about 12:30am, and there had to be about 200 people yelling & screaming that they had been waiting in line since 5pm and now somebody who just showed up 5 minutes ago had just as much chance of geting a system. I'm not down with that.

Target at least hands out GUARANTEED tickets first-come-first-serve. The only problem is when they hand them out. They usually do it once it looks like they've got enough people waiting in line to match the number of systems in stock. If they've got plenty of systems, they don't usually even bother with the tickets.

The Target by Yorktown is where I got my PS2 on launch day. I showed up at 12:45am, and I was number 7 or 8 in line. The store had 26 systems. At about 4am when the overnight team came outside on lunch break, the LOD (manager) counted up the people in line, which was 25, and handed out the tickets right there.

When I was at Target and the PSP launched, we had like 40 systems, and only 4 people waiting outside the store when I got there at 4am, so we didn't even bother handing out tickets, as there was plenty to go around.

When the 360 launched last year, we only got 14 systems, and by 9:30pm the night before, there were enough people already in line, so we handed the tickets out right before the store closed, so the people in line could get out of line, maybe come into the store to warm up & do some shopping, (snacks, blankets, etc....) go in their car, go home & come back.....

The Best Buy where I work doesnt do the lottery system. When the 360 came out last year, we just handed out tickets, so I would assume we're going to do the same for PS3 and the Wii.

If anybody wants it, the Hodgkins Wal-Mart has the new Andy Milonakis DVD set out early that doesn't street until Tuesday.....

And the new JLU Target exclusive 6-pack is out, with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Bizarro, Amazo & DOOMSDAY!!!!!

By chance, did that Wal-Mart get the Hogan DVD set in early as well?

By chance, did that Wal-Mart get the Hogan DVD set in early as well?
    Don't remember seeing it.....

Heroic Warrior BrandnChicagoHorde's Avatar
    Aw, you wussys you pre-ordered it?

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandnChicagoHorde
    Aw, you ****** you pre-ordered it?
    Yeah... what's wrong with that?

In the name of the Lloyd!

Aw, you ****** you pre-ordered it?
    Hey Brandon - you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Seriously though, watch the language. If the thread gets locked, you're OUTTA THE HORDE!!!!!

ha. hey guys, i was just kidding. i love the thrill of searching for the counsels so i never pre-order. from what i understand though, wii will be easy to get since america is getting somewhere in the ball park of 4 million units. i'm definitely getting one, they look awesome!!!!! Can't wait 'till sunday!

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Video games are stupid. You guys should go out and get some *****!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

ooooooh. Jimmy tell it like it is...

jimmy has no clue what he's talking about! shawn is just a stand in for people to think he's straight, but the ones who really know him know he's all about the sausage , no taco's for jimmy - thats why me and shawn are so close now!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

them be fightin' words.

P.S. Hayes- I'm gonna try my hardest to make it up to the shop today, but if i can make it up it won't be 'till late because i stayed home sick from school, therfore i cant bike up and will be relying on my mom to drive me up. it shouldnt be a problem though cuz she gets outta work today at 5 and shes just in downtown wheaton.

them be fightin' words.

P.S. Hayes- I'm gonna try my hardest to make it up to the shop today, but if i can make it up it won't be 'till late because i stayed home sick from school, therfore i cant bike up and will be relying on my mom to drive me up. it shouldnt be a problem though cuz she gets outta work today at 5 and shes just in downtown wheaton.
    Do you want me to have Harley pick you up when he gets lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
    Do you want me to have Harley pick you up when he gets lunch?
    ha. thatd be awesome. what time are you guys gonna have lunch? i had better check with my mom first.

thanks for the offer jimmy (and harley) but i think i had better wait 'till tonight because my mom wont like it too much if i left the house on a day that i stayed home sick.

thanks for the offer jimmy (and harley) but i think i had better wait 'till tonight because my mom wont like it too much if i left the house on a day that i stayed home sick.
    You're mom said it was okay

Well, I've seen a lot of stuff the last two days, but didn't buy anything. It's a combo of being a little low on cash and some of the stuff was at Wal-Mart and I refuse to buy from them. I still feel dirty about the WM wave of Legends. Anyhow, here's the list:

Spidey Classics 18 - The "HOM" Spidey variant and of course tons of the other crappy Spidey variant from the Shocker wave. HOM Spidey was hard to pass, but it was at Wal-Mart.

The two Spidey variants from the new wave that has Toxin and Electro in it. The quick change Spidey looks bad.

An X-Men classics Rogue. She didn't have her jacket and I couldn't remember if I need that one or not. So I passed on it. And again, it was at WM.

I've seen a ton of the Clark Kent/Superman two packs at Target. I'm just having a hard time parting with $15 for one new figure. I also saw a Brainiac at Target.

That was about it. I'm trying to hold onto some cash because work has been slow and I'm waiting for my shipment of ML 14 to hit. I'm guessing it will be here soon.

I'm not sure if I'm going to make the show or not. I think I'm working. Which kind of sucks because that would put me on the schedule for 10 days.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

ha. i was just talking to my mom and she said that she wouldnt have minded one bit if harley had come to pick me up... oh well. obviously i wont be in tonite but ill come in tomorrow seeing as i think i will be going back to school.

by the way this is the 100th blog page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor
    jimmy has no clue what he's talking about! shawn is just a stand in for people to think he's straight, but the ones who really know him know he's all about the sausage , no taco's for jimmy - thats why me and shawn are so close now!

=)
    LOL Thats a ZINGer

no comeback from the jimstor?!?!? WTH are you sick jimmy? i was waiting for a erika comeback, but you soooo dissapointed me.

looks like toy show weather is gonna totally suck w/ it being in the 40's or 50's. i really need to pick up some older wave star wards figs , and hoping to find some silverhawks figs.

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback