Page 176 of 621 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    But what about Them Bones and Who Was in my Room Last Night?

OMG! Who was in my room is insane!!!! I just finished on Medium. Then I practiced War pigs on Hard and made it through. Hanger 18 is tough! Free Bird rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart shaped box and message in a bottle are really fun! Gotta go play some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc
    BTW - I know want to explain all the problems I've had as of late, but I'm never shopping at Best Buy again. I even closed out my Best Buy card with them. Nobody believes in customer service anymore, and no one believes the customer is right anymore. This now brings my "enemy list" up to:
    Wal-Mart
    Best Buy
    Jewel
    Dominick's
    France
    China

Wow, you have a lot of places that you have issues with, LOL. Jewel AND Dominick's, huh? So where do you buy your groceries? It certainly can't be Super Wal-Mart, since they're pretty much on your list, too.

I get fed up with some stores sometimes. The problem is they all have their issues, and then I'm left with little to no decent options. Either I can't buy the products that I want, or the places that I don't (yet) hate have prices that are insane.

I had an interesting Best Buy experience today.
    Now, before I go on with the story, in defense of the particular cashier I was dealing with, he was new (I had never seen him before, I think he might be new holiday help), and I think he was more or less just keeping all of his bases covered and trying to avoid from getting himself in trouble. However, this is not the first time I've run across this particular scenario...

I was picking up the She-Ra S1V1 set and the Transformers movie. I had a price match using the Circuit City ad for the TF movie ($12.99).

So, the guy is looking at the ad, looking for some where on it where it says something like "This ad is valid from *THIS DATE* to *THAT DATE*". I guess this is the specific, technical thing that the employees are trained to go on, and that's fine. However, he's having a hard time finding it (and I'm not sure where that specific info is either), and he's acting like he can't do the price match unless he finds this specific info.

I then point out to him in the DVD section where it shows these DVDs (including the TF Movie) as being new releases for (today) Tuesday, November 7th, and I point out the fact that since the movie was just released today, it would not have been possible for them to have had a valid advertised price in a previous, outdated ad.

Well, apparently that line of very simple, basic, straight-forward logic wasn't good enough for him to simply proceed with the price match, and he had to go around to a few other employees at the neighboring registers to verify this info, and it took a good 2 or 3 people before he got someone who could look at the ad and clearly see that it was current based on the DVD releases, etc.

So, I FINALLY got my price match after several minutes of this crap.

It's stuff like this that really drives me nuts. I mean, I understand that there are rules, and maybe they are technically supposed to go off of a certain piece of info to do what they have to do. But honestly, when it clearly states the particular date of release that the price would obviously be good on, and the transaction is occuring on said date, shouldn't some basic logic kick in? Clearly, at the absolute bare minimum, the price should at least be valid until midnight, tonight. I mean, this isn't even an issue of common sense... it's an issue of what is right there in front of your face in plain, clear writing.

I mean, if I had been there on November 8th instead and this all went on, granted, I still would have been upset, but at the very, very least, I could say "Ok, the ad says new releases for Nov 7th, and it is after Nov 7th, so it makes sense to check further into when the ad is valid to." Common sense would dictate that the price is still likely valid, but it still wouldn't be as extremely blatant as this scenario.

ARRG!!

And, after this was all said and done, Meg and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden. And in an ironic twist, at the table across from us, this one girl who works at Best Buy (or at least she did at one point... I haven't seen her in a while so I don't know if she's still there, but there was a period where I saw her there constantly, and I know for sure she was there when the Nintendo DS first launched because I was there with Meg on that day, and this girl was giving us her "advice", which wasn't very helpful at all). She's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box. And, overhearing her conversation with the guy she was with, it was clear that she was all about gossip, gossip, gossip (I wasn't trying to listen, but it was kind of like trying to ignore nails on a chalk board).

So, I couldn't help but laugh at all of that.

However, in defense of Best Buy (at least the one that I frequent), there are some good employees there, whom I have found to be helpful on many occasions. Me being there so often has given me the advantage in determining this.

I've had some bad experiences there, but really, Target, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, etc, really aren't much better in that regard and don't have the same selection as Best Buy.

But, despite how much I shop there, I don't think Best Buy is really making much of a profit from my purchases anyway. From what I understand, generally speaking, when DVDs come out and are on sale during their first week, Best Buy is usually losing money on them (at least that's what I heard) when they sell them. And since the vast majority of what I buy there are DVDs and usually during their first week of release (combined with me doing price matches where applicable and using Reward Zone coupons), I'm really not helping their bottom line much anyway.

So, in a round and about way, I'm kind of sticking it to them for the times that I have been inconvenienced.

I don't think I'll ever buy another major piece of equipment there again after what happened with my Digital Video Camera.

In the name of the Lloyd!

is "holy wars" or "sweating bullets' on there b/c if it is then i'm definitely buying that game!!!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I don't shop at Jewel or Dominick's because they are 30 to 50 higher on their products. A loaf of Butternut white bread has a suggested retail price of $2.49. Off sale, they both charge $2.79. Sometimes they put Texas Toast on sale for $2.59 and tell people that they are saving 30 cents. $2.59 is the suggested retail price. I shop at independant stores.

This whole thing with Best Buy has been building up. It started last January. They were advertisting 0% when you use your credit card if you spend $500 or more and free shipping. We bought a new washer and dryer and it came out to $600. They didn't want to give us the free shipping because they said the $500 had to be on one item. I fought them and one because the ad did not say that.

Two months ago, I got a coupon for 10% off if you buy a printer for $150 or more or a scanner for $100 or more. My scanner just crapped out the day before. So I went there and found the perfect scanner/printer combo for $100. They wouldn't honor the coupon because they said that was considered a printer and it wasn't $150. My total bill that day was over $200 with some other stuff we were going to buy. I told them to cancel the order if they weren't going to honor the coupon. I then went right next door to Office Depot and got the same thing for $10 cheaper. Then I went home and e-mailed them about their lost sale.

Two weeks ago, I got to pick up JLU season 1 and they didn't have any. I go to get a raincheck and they system says they have 8 in stock. After finding someone to check, and waiting 20 minutes, they told me they couldn't find them. Then, gave me a hard time about the raincheck, insisting that they couldn't give it to me because they had 8 in stock. I got the raincheck, but was so mad that I left there and went to Target.

But the straw that broke the camels back was last week when I got my Best Buy card bill and they charged me a $29 late fee. I mailed the bill two weeks early last month and they cashed it two days after the due date. I called the credit card company and they blamed the mail. They refused to reverse the $29. At which point I closed out my account. I then e-mailed them again and told them that I was never shopping at Best Buy again and that Target was getting all my business.

That week that they couldn't find JLU, they were also out of another DVD I was looking for, and they were also out of Ultimate Alliance and Justice League for PS2. Had I being looking to also buy those, they would have lost a lot of money that day. And the worst part was, they didn't care.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

to be honest, they don't care b/c they see it as one person and maybe a few of their friends if that?!? they have millions of customers shopping at their stores and online, not that i'm protecting them b/c i feel the same way you do when it comes to some of these stores customer service, and believe me if i'm in a ****y mood someone is gonna get a ear full of 4 letter words, and i'm going home w/ something for free!!!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    is "holy wars" or "sweating bullets' on there b/c if it is then i'm definitely buying that game!!!

=)
    Nope - neither of those are on there. I made it through easy last night, and will start medium tonight. But OMG - Who Was In My Room? & Psychobilly Freakout are freakin' nuts! I actually quickplayed Psychobilly on hard mode, and lasted about 10 seconds before gettin kicked off stage!

The only thing I'm not liking about the game right now, (and it's not even really the game) is that the TAC Wireless Flying V Guitar Controller I bought doesn't work with the new game! I'll have to see if there are others with my problem, or if there's some kind of patch or something I can upload to the memory card to get it to work. Otherwise, looks like I bought that controller only to use with the 1st game......

Oh, and Jimmy - OF COURSE I picked up She-Ra yesterday, along with Transformers, Police Squad, & Cars......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

hey jimmy you up for some checkers this weekend??? anyone else that wants to come over and hang out for some checkers is more than welcome.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    hey jimmy you up for some checkers this weekend??? anyone else that wants to come over and hang out for some checkers is more than welcome.

=)
    I've got a better idea - anybody who is willing to come to my new place (which is a little closer to everyone than Gabe's) and help me rake up leaves this weekend, gets lunch on me from Checkers, or wherever else you'd like. (Seriously, I haven't raked leaves at all this year, and I've got to do it this weekend. Which will probably take up an entire day by myself, if not more, but with help, it shouldn't take too long....)

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Man, I would totally be up for that, this weekend. I could use the excersice too, but Shawn and I leave tomorrow morning for Florida. How about the weekend after? I'd totally help you out, Brad!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Man, I would totally be up for that, this weekend. I could use the excersice too, but Shawn and I leave tomorrow morning for Florida. How about the weekend after? I'd totally help you out, Brad!
    Thanks, but next weekend is out, as I'll have Alex all Saturday, then I'll possibly be camping out overnight Saturday night for a Wii system, and then we've got Alex's parent-teacher conference Sunday afternoon at his school/day care.....

Oh, and I did have a little luck with Cars tonight. Stopped over at the Target near Kim's house after dropping Alex off, and grabbed the following: 3 Sally/Cruisin' McQueen Movie Moments, 1 Yellow Ramone, 1 Radiator Springs McQueen, & 1 Fabulous Hudson Hornet. Of what's currently available, I still need the following:

1 Sally/Cruisin' McQueen Movie Moment
    2 Yellow Ramone
    2 Radiator Springs McQueen
    2 Fabulous Hudson Hornet

Still waiting for the following to be released:
    3 Woody Wagon/Buzz Moonrover Movie Moments
    3 Brand New Mater
    2 Dirt Track McQueen
    Last edited by Skullface; November 9, 2006 at 08:54pm.

well i just found out i'll be working the whole weekend, so i'll be taking my ass out tonight w/ some friends from work and hit the bars up north for some fun!

sorry can't help out brad! also i'm gonna PM you about something.

=)

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, this will probably be my last night of posting for about a week or so. The big wedding day is tomorrow, and we leave early the next morning for Florida.

The reharsal dinner went well, so I hope tomorrow is more of the same. I just hope everything goes off without a hitch.

So, I'll talk to everyone when I get back.

Jimmy - I've heard that there's supposed to be a "My Name is Earl" comic book starting soon (if it hasn't already started). Is it possible to have that added to the list of comics that are pulled aside for me?

Also, if you start taking reservations on the next wave of MOTU stactions, put me down for one set of all 3 characters.

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Well, this will probably be my last night of posting for about a week or so. The big wedding day is tomorrow, and we leave early the next morning for Florida.

The reharsal dinner went well, so I hope tomorrow is more of the same. I just hope everything goes off without a hitch.

So, I'll talk to everyone when I get back.

Jimmy - I've heard that there's supposed to be a "My Name is Earl" comic book starting soon (if it hasn't already started). Is it possible to have that added to the list of comics that are pulled aside for me?

Also, if you start taking reservations on the next wave of MOTU stactions, put me down for one set of all 3 characters.

If you could do that, I'd really appreciate it.
    Good luck tomorrow Brandon, and congratulations!

*Does congratulatory air guitar solo while listening to "Thunderhorse" by Dethklok on Guitar Hero 2*

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Congrats Brandon and have a blast in Florida. We'll see you when you get back.
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

best wishes Brandon!

=)

You won't see this until you get back, but congratulations, Brandon, and I hope you had a great time in Florida!
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

Besides myself and Brandon (dynamo) who is getting a Wii, and would u guys like to get together for a Wii party sometime?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Day V1 View Post
    Besides myself and Brandon (dynamo) who is getting a Wii, and would u guys like to get together for a Wii party sometime?
    I'm gonna try to get one on launch day, but depending on what the weather is gonna be like, I'm not gonna go crazy and camp out if it's like 30 degrees and snowing. If it's really bad out, I may just hit a store or two that morning just before opening and see if there's a chance to get one. I know most Targets are geting between 40-60, so I assume Best Buy would be getting roughly the same or more.

Dennis - can you possibly get a price on the Wii component cables when info becomes available? According to Nintendo, Best Buy, Circuit City & Gamestop/EB are the only brick & mortar retailers that will be carrying them. I'm planning on getting my new HDTV the day after Thanksgiving. (Since Circuit City is advertising the one I want for 33% off regular price) And after hooking up my old DVD player on my bedroom HDTV with regular composite cables, the picture was terrible. Fortunately my new recordable dual deck has HDMI output, and the picture is insanely better.

I'd be up for a Wii party sometime, but realistically, it'd have to be after the holidays. Just too busy. But I'd also be up for a Guitar Hero 1 and/or 2 party sometime in the future if anyone's interested. I wanna rock out w/Sebby!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    I'm gonna try to get one on launch day, but depending on what the weather is gonna be like, I'm not gonna go crazy and camp out if it's like 30 degrees and snowing. If it's really bad out, I may just hit a store or two that morning just before opening and see if there's a chance to get one. I know most Targets are geting between 40-60, so I assume Best Buy would be getting roughly the same or more.

Dennis - can you possibly get a price on the Wii component cables when info becomes available? According to Nintendo, Best Buy, Circuit City & Gamestop/EB are the only brick & mortar retailers that will be carrying them. I'm planning on getting my new HDTV the day after Thanksgiving. (Since Circuit City is advertising the one I want for 33% off regular price) And after hooking up my old DVD player on my bedroom HDTV with regular composite cables, the picture was terrible. Fortunately my new recordable dual deck has HDMI output, and the picture is insanely better.

I'd be up for a Wii party sometime, but realistically, it'd have to be after the holidays. Just too busy. But I'd also be up for a Guitar Hero 1 and/or 2 party sometime in the future if anyone's interested. I wanna rock out w/Sebby!
    I will check on those cables for you Brad ASAP. Also, a friend of mine who manages the Gamestop at the Fox Valley Mall said that they were getting about 100 Wiis on launch because the mall was selected to participate in some nationwide promotion.

Id definitely would like a get together.....maybe for a X-Mas party? or New Years Eve? I wanna see Sebby rock out

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    I want no part of any "we" party.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    I want no part of any "we" party.
    Yeah, you want a part of a "pee" party.............ZING!!!!!!!

See ya tomorrow morning Jimmy. How much do u plan on dropping this week at Best Buy?

i'm sure if you get jimmy drunk enough he'd be able to drop everything off the shelves at best buy, just like when you go to toy show dennis!

when is the next meeting? and when are the stactions coming out jimmy???

=)

Voltron Volume 2 DVDs delayed:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6611

Well, if it's 11/28, then I'll get next week free from purchases, and it'll just be added to the Superman/TCats day. If it's 12/12, that's cool, as there's nothing I was planning on buying that week....

i got a date w/ shawn tomorrow haha ha ha ha ha!!!

=)

Had some luck at the TRU on 75th tonight. Scored all the regular ML Modok Wave figures, except Moon Knight. No variants either. They also had both the Colossus & Beast Spidey & Friends figures. Then I hit the Gamestop next door and grabbed a copy of Trauma Center for the Wii. I would have grabbed Red Steel as well, but they only had enough copies for their reserves.