Page 517 of 621 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567617 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

I thought the con itself was kinda "eh", basically what I had thought of Wizard the last couple of years. I wasn't super interested in the big companies that had displays there, so seeing the ones who weren't at Wizard wasn't a big deal to me. That said, I had a really good time seeing Jimmy, Jeremy, and a bunch of my artist friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while. I also enjoyed seeing Neil Gaiman's reading / Q&A. So, all told, it had the same elements that I enjoy at Wizard, with the downside of it being harder to get to and more expensive to park at. I think just going for one day was enough.
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I went on Friday and I had a blast, but I definitely am glad I didnt get a weekend pass. I would go again next year and I think that C2E2 next year will be bigger and better than this one. The highlight for me was meeting Kevin Conroy. He was super awesome.

Thanks again everyone for the birthday wishes
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Happy Birthday Dennis! I totally got my moneys worth of that weekend pass, as well as my running buddy. He scored a total of 14 sets of Black Lantern Hal Jordan and White Lantern Sinestro, I was only able to nab 4 sets. I spent a lot of time hanging and banging in artist ally, as well as a weekend long celebration of pretty much getting a job at Home Depot. A Con weekend with only several hours of sleep is rough, as well as being hungover. My haggered condition was noted by Amanda Conner. It was great seeing Jimmy and Dennis over the weekend, too bad I couldn't stick around longer to talk to ya Hayes. Hope I can catch all of you next weekend if I'm not working by then.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953

congrats on the job jason!

how were the dealers there?

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Happy belated B-Day Dennis!

Sorry I've been out of it for a lil while. I ended up getting a second job and the hours are kicking my ass right now! Between the two jobs, the boys baseball, my softball, and just being able to spend time with the wife and baby, i haven't really had much time for anything else.

Now if anyone can, please pick me up a weapons pack. Just 1 will do. I won't be by a computer when the starting gun goes off. Thank you, and I will MAKE time to meet up and get you the money ASAP!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Moondrake, no problem, I'll put your weapons pack on my order. That makes 10 weapons packs and 3 Hordaks.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 19, 2010 at 11:19am.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Happy Birthday Dennis!!!!
    -I thought C2E2 was a lot of fun and I had a great time, thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hi! BTW-did you guys notice how HAPPY I was? Haven't felt that way in awhile! LOL!!!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Got the order through! Yay! After last month's fiasco, I was concerned.

BTW, Happy belated B-Day, Dennis!

For those that were at C2E2, what did you all think of Optikk after seeing him in person? I thought the figure looks a lot cooler in person

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cOLD_SNAKE View Post
    For those that were at C2E2, what did you all think of Optikk after seeing him in person? I thought the figure looks a lot cooler in person
    Optikk does look awesome, but the one that really surprised me was Gygor. I wasn't overly excited when he was revealed, but after seeing him on display, he looks sweet!
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Got my weapons pack, but was starting to think it wasn't gonna happen. Worried about Tytus. Hope they make enough to feed the hungry. I've been pretty lucky so far, but who knows how long it'll last...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Got my weapons pack, but was starting to think it wasn't gonna happen. Worried about Tytus. Hope they make enough to feed the hungry. I've been pretty lucky so far, but who knows how long it'll last...
    It ain't gonna be pretty, but hopefully we're all able to get him. (Though it's highly unlikely) I missed Moss Man, and would have missed Evil-Lyn if I tried to order her, as she was sold out by the time the stupid WSOD let my Weapons Pack order go through. I'd be willing to bet Tytus is gone in under a minute.

Awesome! Thanks for the hook up big B.
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Just imagine if the original sale date stayed on the 15th, with Evil-Lyn's quick sell out today. You know some angry, crazy SOB would've helped themself to the display version at C2E2. I can picture that scene now, just like any Simpsons episode that involves looting and rioting.

He-Man Forum Feedback

I wish Mattingly was still around. He'd appreciate this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36621678...ews/?gt1=43001
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Where did Mattingly go?

Quote Originally Posted by Skullface View Post
    It ain't gonna be pretty, but hopefully we're all able to get him. (Though it's highly unlikely) I missed Moss Man, and would have missed Evil-Lyn if I tried to order her, as she was sold out by the time the stupid WSOD let my Weapons Pack order go through. I'd be willing to bet Tytus is gone in under a minute.
    Well, I'm not TOO worried about Tytus selling out too quickly. I mean, yeah, we will want to be sure to be online ready to go right when he goes on sale, but I doubt he will sell out in 1 minute or even 10.

The figures that are having these 1, 5, and 10 minute sell outs are the monthly figures that are also part of the subscriptions (with Moss Man being by far the worse since he was split between 2 variants). And that's because Mattel didn't really produce enough beyond the subs to meet the demand when they go on sale on the website. They had many more subs in 2010 than they had for the last few months of 2009, and they didn't increase production by much because they assumed the fan base and/or demand for these figures to be smaller than it really is and figured there wouldn't be as much of a demand outside of the subs. Obviously they were wrong.

I figure if I managed to order Battlecat, Tytus shouldn't be that much worse. He costs $10 more and is a more obscure character, so I would think his demand would be somewhat less than that of Battlecat (though I could be wrong). Regardless, since he is not part of the sub, we don't have to worry about some portion of the quantity produced being spoken for ahead of time, so it shouldn't be too bad to order him compared to the monthly figures.

I'm more concerned about She-Ra in June. I hope they really do increase their quantities enough so that ordering her won't be a problem like the last several monthly figures have been. I want to get an extra in addition to my subs since she has an extra head (I'm not bothering to do this with Optikk since, while he is cool looking having seen him up close, it's just 2 different colored eyes and he's a character that I still don't care THAT much about), so hopefully that goes off without a hitch.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 19, 2010 at 06:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did everyone get their sub renewal e-mails Sunday? I got mine, but I'm confused. It says 2 figures + map. But I have 2 subs. Shouldn't have said 4 figures and map? (2 Lyns and 2 Wun-Dars). The price came out to the same as it always is. I know we were charged for Wun-Dar back when we signed up.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

I got my renewal email on Sunday as well.

I think the wording of 2 figures + map isn't referring to the total quantity, but just that you are getting 2 different figures and the map. Everything should be fine. Normally, when only one new figure comes out during the month that is include din the subscriptions, it doesn't even specify a quantity in the email, it just gives you your total cost.

I just got the e-mail for the shipping confirmation a minute ago. I'm getting real nervous here. It only says April sub. Nothing about Wun-Dar. And the price with shipping looks the same as it always does. Shiiping for 4 figures should be more. I feel a screw job coming
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    I got my shipping confirmation, but it says the same thing as Marc's. Well, not the SAME thing, it has my name on it, but you get the idea.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

mine says 2 figures + map, but i have 3 subs? ***!!! I BETTER GET MY 3 WUNDARS BIZNITCHES!!!

=)

My guess is that since Wun-dar is the bonus figure, either they'll send him separately, or maybe there's no extra charge for his shipping. In either case, I suspect that panicing at this point is premature.
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

i think tytus is gonna go pretty quick even w/ the higher price tag, maybe not as fast as battle cat, but still not stay around as long as some of the others did. scalpers are gonna be looking to flip him for a profit quick, and just look at all the evil lyn's & weapons packs in the market place. that should be a sign of whats to come! i'm gonna get 2 - if i'm lucky or maybe we should combine an order (pointing in dynamo's direction!) and front the $$$ ahead of time not to burden someone w/ the costs upfront. IDK just an idea to toss out there.

when are we meeting up next???

=)

I've already got May 17th scheduled off (which is a Monday), so I will be online right when Tytus goes on sale and can add figures to my order for whoever needs help. I'm planning on getting 2 for myself, so I can order up to 8 more on the same order. I believe Mer-Man is being reissued as well, so I can get those for anyone who needs them.

If it's not a problem for anyone, I would prefer NOT to try to put any extra Optikks in the order. The monthly figures that come in the subscriptions seem to be the ones that sell out in 5 minutes or so lately (hopefully this won't be an issue when it comes time for She-Ra with her producton increase, because I will want to order extra of her). My concern is that if he sells out before I can complete the order, then I will have to go back and make adjustments to the items in the cart and then go through the check out process again, which could lead to Tytus selling out before I can complete the order at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    when are we meeting up next???
    Toy Show this Sunday, beeyotch! If you make it out, I've got that Grodd leg you need....