Page 518 of 621 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 12,926 to 12,950 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

i can't make it out this weekend , i'm helping a friend that is going through old stock from his collectors store to sell stuff on ebay.

yeah i will finally be able to display grodd - whenever i get the leg from you! lmao

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I've already got May 17th scheduled off (which is a Monday), so I will be online right when Tytus goes on sale and can add figures to my order for whoever needs help. I'm planning on getting 2 for myself, so I can order up to 8 more on the same order. I believe Mer-Man is being reissued as well, so I can get those for anyone who needs them.

If it's not a problem for anyone, I would prefer NOT to try to put any extra Optikks in the order. The monthly figures that come in the subscriptions seem to be the ones that sell out in 5 minutes or so lately (hopefully this won't be an issue when it comes time for She-Ra with her producton increase, because I will want to order extra of her). My concern is that if he sells out before I can complete the order, then I will have to go back and make adjustments to the items in the cart and then go through the check out process again, which could lead to Tytus selling out before I can complete the order at that point.
    Is there anyway you could order me 6 Optikks? Just kidding!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Good news, drug test and background check came back clean. I have my orientation at Home Depot Saturday morning. Time to get back into the swing of working again.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953

Congrats! Which Home Depot will you be working at?
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

congrats Jason! hook me up w/ some wood , i got alot of stuff i need to build for the back yard.

=)

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Congrats, Jason! That is awesome news!

FYI, there have been reports on the board of people who live close to the shipping location receiving their subscriptions orders, and they are getting the correct quantities (i.e. if someone has 2 subscriptions, they received 2 Evil-Lyns, 2 Wundars, and 2 maps). So, don't worry about the ambiguous wording of the order confirmation. You should receive the correct quantity of everything.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Quote Originally Posted by cOLD_SNAKE View Post
    Good news, drug test and background check came back clean. I have my orientation at Home Depot Saturday morning. Time to get back into the swing of working again.
    You fooled them! Good job!!! Is this the one across from the mall?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    hook me up w/ some wood
    No comment.

If anyone doesn't mind adding an Optikk to their order I would really appreciate it. I can pay in advance if needed.

I will be working at the one in Joliet across from the mall on Route 30. Not sure about hooking you with some wood, I'll be working in Lawn and Garden... do I dare claim discrimination so soon into my new job?

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cOLD_SNAKE View Post
    I'll be working in Lawn and Garden... do I dare claim discrimination so soon into my new job?
    AHHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! That's ****ed up and kinda funny! Grats on the new job, now start cutting my grass! I KEED!
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

I need some help with getting 2 tytus (insert joke here). I really can't wait until next year rolls around with the all in subscription. (100% works for me cause I'll buy anything they put out). I can hook anyone up with cash upfront.

I like Brandon's idea of divide and conquer. Some work on Optik, some on Tytus, some on Mer-Man (I think he's the reissue).

I really wish I could get home early enough to place orders. I could try starting work at 2:00am instead of 3:00am. But there are just so many thing that could go wrong during the day that could slow me down. I've also though about asking my mother-in-law to place orders but I don't think she would understand the red/white/rainbow colored screen of death
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
    If anyone doesn't mind adding an Optikk to their order I would really appreciate it. I can pay in advance if needed.
    leo i got you covered w/ one of my sub figs.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I like Brandon's idea of divide and conquer. Some work on Optik, some on Tytus, some on Mer-Man (I think he's the reissue).
    Well, Mer-Man I am not worried about and if anyone needs him I can add him to the order. I will be using the combined item screen anyway, so it's easy enough to add other items to the cart that are going on sale at the same time as Tytus. The reissues tend to stick around for a day or more lately, so I am not worried about him. Plus I am planning on ordering DCUC wave 5 and the Ghostbusters figure(s) that come out at the same time (I think it's either Peter Venkman, Walter Peck, or possibly both) as well.

Those are all items that don't tend to sell out quickly, so I'm not worried about them.

The reason I don't want to order more Optikks is because he is the monthly subscription figure and so far this year they seem to have a very limited number of extras to sell outside of the subscriptions (supposedly this will be fixed starting with She-Ra). And the items you add to the cart are not guaranteed until you actually complete the order.

When I tried to order the flocked ears Mossman (because I wanted to display both heads and was hoping to get the flocked ears version for the Beastman head which would be more like the original toy, and I was trying to order one for Jimmy as well), I was able to add him to my cart, but by the time I got to the final screen of the ordering process, he was sold out and I couldn't complete the order.

The silver lining in that scenario was that I wasn't trying to order anything else, so nothing else got screwed up in the process. But the problem is that if you are ordering other items in addition to the one that ends up out of stock, you actually have to then remove the sold out item from the cart before you can proceed to purchase the remaining items, and that can lead to more White-Screen-of-Death waiting time, and if the wait is too long, it may mean that another item may sell out by the time you get back to that final page (Some people have reported this issue).

And that is what I am worried about with Tytus. If I were to add Optikk to the cart (with him being much more limited outside of subscriptions) in addition to Tytus, and I were to get to the final order screen and Optikk ends up selling out, I'd be worried about having to mess with fixing the cart and Tytus selling out in the mean time.

I'm not worried about the DCUC or Ghostbusters figures causing this problem because no item from either of those lines has ever come close to selling out as quickly as these MOTUC items.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; April 22, 2010 at 08:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    leo i got you covered w/ one of my sub figs.

=)
    Thanks Gabe!

no probs dude, you can paypal me if you got funds or wait till the next meeting?

=)

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    Hey guys. Right now Im not quite sure if I will be joining you all for Toy Show tomorrow. I hurt my ankle last night and was sent home from work today to rest it. If it feels better by tonight/tomorrow morning, then I will still join you all. By the way, where are we meeting tomorrow morning?
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Dennis, just so you know Ring of Honor is tonight!!!! So they should have tickets available for the next show online for sale by Monday.

He-Man Forum Feedback

Did anyone else get their subscription order yet? Mine arrived yesterday. Wun-Dar is pretty cool for what he is.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    Screw Kick-Ass! If we're dressed like that, we can fight crime together!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I saw that at C2E2
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

I got home from Chicago pretty late, and just going to bed now. That, combined with the fact that it looks like rain all day tomorrow, means I'm pretty sure I'm not making the Toy Show. I may try to give Jimmy or Darrell a call (not sure who is actually going) to see if people are doing lunch or something afterwards.
    Avatar artwork by Robert DeJesus.

My package arrived Friday. I didn't get a chance to look at anything until yesterday. I say its all cool. I like the map. I wonder what they are going to throw in next year. Maybe a map if Etheria
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    I got home from Chicago pretty late, and just going to bed now. That, combined with the fact that it looks like rain all day tomorrow, means I'm pretty sure I'm not making the Toy Show. I may try to give Jimmy or Darrell a call (not sure who is actually going) to see if people are doing lunch or something afterwards.
    Yeah, call us when you get up, sleepy-head!