Page 620 of 621 FirstFirst ... 120520570610618619620621 LastLast
Results 15,476 to 15,500 of 15516

Thread: Chicagoland Sightings!

Thanks guys! Is graham crackers any good? The hotel we are staying at is close.
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    Thanks guys! Is graham crackers any good? The hotel we are staying at is close.
    The downtown location is worth stopping into, but their action figure selection is limited, mostly modern comic book stuff (although they do have the occasional gem). Their back issue and trade paperback collection is pretty large, so if you're into comics, it's great. They also have a small selection of gaming stuff (Magic cards, etc). No reason not to go if you're so close.

What Goluphi said It's a cool comic store, but full of what you'd expect in a comic store.

If you're close to Graham Crackers, you'll be close to the EL train, so the city is your oyster really. Head up to Clark and Belmont, go hit up The Alley, Ka POW, go grab some Kumas if you like gourmet burgers with names of metal bands, and then head up to Lincoln Square and Andersonville to check out some other toy stores
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

if your still around, Rotofugi is on Lincoln and Racine. Its a Designer/Indy toystore if your into stuff like japanese vinyl, ****, kidrobot, dunny and other cool toys of the sort.

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I am from the Chicago area and am new here. I don't have many figures as I only bought a few over the years. I have obtained a few more from Big Lots. Hopefully I will find some more I do not have.

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

=)

Which big lots did you find the figures? I went to a few and found nothing.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

=)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fisto power View Post
    Which big lots did you find the figures? I went to a few and found nothing.
    A few at Bolingbrook maybe 2 weeks ago and then at Machesney Park, IL and Jainesville, WI. We had gone to Madison so stopped at those two on the way. A friend of mine actually found a flocked ear Moss Man. I would not mind one as it was the version I had wanted and he is one of my favorite characters. I am going to southern IL on Tues so will check around. I wonder if anyone would trade for any extras? There are some older figures I would really like.

I'll have to hit a few BL and see what I find, but I'm sure most of them have been cleaned out pretty good by now!

=)

It seems like some got nothing and others got only GB or a few MOTUC. Hard to say if any will restock or if it was a one time thing. Just have to keep an eye out I suppose

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    MrBear,

Let me check what figures I have. Early on in the line I was collecting doubles of everything to keep on set MOC and open the other. Then later on as the line kept expanding with more items, both the cost of it and space became an issue, so I mostly dropped the MOC thing. There's still a handful that I'm keeping MOC, but I sold off several others and I think I still have a few that I could part with, but I have to double check what exactly I have and let you know.

I'm interested in the MOTUC figures from Big Lots that I mentioned in my previous post. Also I'm hoping to find the Peter and Winston 2-pack of the 12 inch Ghostbusters II figures since I found Egon and Ray yesterday. I will also be periodically checking with Big Lots myself to see if I come across anything.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    MrBear,

Let me check what figures I have. Early on in the line I was collecting doubles of everything to keep on set MOC and open the other. Then later on as the line kept expanding with more items, both the cost of it and space became an issue, so I mostly dropped the MOC thing. There's still a handful that I'm keeping MOC, but I sold off several others and I think I still have a few that I could part with, but I have to double check what exactly I have and let you know.

I'm interested in the MOTUC figures from Big Lots that I mentioned in my previous post. Also I'm hoping to find the Peter and Winston 2-pack of the 12 inch Ghostbusters II figures since I found Egon and Ray yesterday. I will also be periodically checking with Big Lots myself to see if I come across anything.

Let me know what you have ^^ If I get any extras from a Big Lots I will post.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing Southern/Central IL :\ I was told by some employees that one guy came in a bought everything. Hopefully it was not "Scal-Por". I am going to check some more tomorrow. Does anyone need anything specific? I will keep my eye out if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I've checked 3 different Big Lots stores over the past week (a couple of them more than once). So for I've found nothing MOTUC-wise. I just got back from one in Aurora, and they did have 2 sets of the large Ghostbusters figures. Both were the same set, Ray and Egon from Ghostbusters II. I went ahead and picked one up since I'm a GB fan but didn't really get into the larger scale figures. This was the first time that I've seen anything Matty Collector related at any location.

The main thing I'm hoping to get is a flocked ears Mossman since it's the only thing variant-wise missing from my collection that I care at all about (and I'm not willing to pay ebay prices for one given how minor the difference is between him and the unflocked ears version). I wouldn't mind getting an extra Man-E-Faces and Megator, though, to display them with their second heads. I didn't bother buying a second of either when they were originally on sale since since it wasn't super important, but for $10 each if I find them, it would be worth it.
    I checked the Big Lots on South Cicero. Didn't think I'd find anything, but thought it might be worth a look. Only thing I found was Lewis from Ghostbusters. I bought a couple storage bins and a USB cable instead.

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    I checked the Big Lots on South Cicero. Didn't think I'd find anything, but thought it might be worth a look. Only thing I found was Lewis from Ghostbusters. I bought a couple storage bins and a USB cable instead.
    The one on Cicero and Diversey? I was there too last night lol! We've probably walked past each other a couple of times lol!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    Does anyone need anything specific? I will keep my eye out if so.
    I'm mainly looking for a Moss Man with Flocked ears and the Ghostbusters II 12" 2-pack with Peter Venkman and Winston Zedemore.

Sorry, I've been meaning to check what figures I have for potential trade. I do have a spare Spitit of Hordak for sure, but I have to check the older figures that I have.

I also wouldn't mind getting a spare Man-E-Faces and Megator if I can find them for the $10 price.

There is a Big Lots not too far from where I work. I really should have checked it on Wednesday. I went there on Tuesday during my lunch break, and they had nothing. I didn't go Wednesday because I ran an errand at Target and then after work didn't feel like checking. Yesterday (Thursday) I checked the same Big Lots and they had a 6" Lab Coat Ray from the Ghostbusters line, which I left there, and the Retro-Action (Mego style) Real Ghostbusters Peter Venkman from SDCC with the movie colored uniform. I ended up getting that Venkman figure mainly because he comes with a black Proton Pack and those retro action Proton Packs fit on the MOTU figures.

I'll have to take a pic of He-Man with the Proton Pack on and the mini-Hoverboard that came with the large sized BTTF2 "replica" Hoverboard. It will be about as literally 80s as you can get!

I plan to stop by a couple of other Big Lots after work today and see if I find anything.

Beside the one my friend found I have yet to encounter Flocked Ear Moss Man. I think my friend got an extra Man-E-Faces. If I can get him from him maybe I could use it to trade with you

Well, I finally found some MOTUC at the Big Lots near where I work. I was almost going to not bother, but I stopped there after work. The timing was perfect! They were stocking the toy section, and had several MOTUC figures still in the white mailer boxes.

I still need to track down an extra Man-E-Faces, but I got the extra Megator I was looking for.

I grabbed a few other things.. some I'm keeping, some for trading purposes. I got two Orko/Adam sets, one of which I plan to keep (other for trade). I also got an extra Adora, which I plan to keep, and an extra Clawful for trade purposes.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey guys! New to the forums here, but am on other action figure sites. I just saw this Chicago post, and these are my stomping grounds as well. I noticed that noone mentioned Quake Collectibles out in Schaumburg (previously known as Quake II). Not sure of the address, but Dave over at Quake in Lincoln Park will provide it if you give him a call.

I haven't been to the Andersonville store yet, so I will have to give that a try. There is another vintage toy store on the west side called "Forever Young". The lady that owns the place has been there FOREVER, and has had her "Going Out Of Business" sign up for at least 5 years now, but she has some pretty neat stuff in there, and if you are looking for some good vintage toy talk, she will provide.

There is also another spot near the Harlem-Irving Mall (HIP) called Lost In Toys. He is about 2 blocks south of the mall on Harlem. John is the owner, and he is only open Saturdays from noon to 5:00. If you get a chance to stop in over there, he has some pretty unique stuff.

That's all I can offer up for now. I have probably ran into a few of you over the years. My name is Mike, and I pretty much always go shopping with my brother Bob and my son "The Ninja" (LOL!). Take care guys!

Mike
    Chicago

Hey Mr Bear, I have a few extra figures too. I know for sure I have an extra Kobra Kahn, I can see what else I have.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Shankor View Post
    Hey Mr Bear, I have a few extra figures too. I know for sure I have an extra Kobra Kahn, I can see what else I have.
    Please do let me know!

I now have some extra BL figures if anyone is interested. I have an Adora and a Sy-Klone.

Kahn!!!!

=)

Sy-Klone and Adora are going back to BL tomorrow as I have had no takers and need the money.

Heroic Warrior
    The live 2 blocks from the "Lost in Toys" shop. It's never open, lol, so I have never been there.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chicagoans find BL figures? Would like to get another Megator or Grizzlor.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnspookcity View Post
    The live 2 blocks from the "Lost in Toys" shop. It's never open, lol, so I have never been there.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chicagoans find BL figures? Would like to get another Megator or Grizzlor.
    Another Megator and Grizzlor? lol! I'm still looking for both those haha!

I found some Moss Man and BG Teela at the one on Dempster in Niles a few weeks back, but since then it's been a dry county from what I can tell. Bummer! If you want to hit up some BL stores and want some company, give me a holler!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.

I went to visit this "Lost is Toys" shop this past Saturday and they weren/t open yet, so after a few different times within a few hours I called the guy and he sd he was at some all night toy show in Wheaton till like midnight.

I might give him another shot next saturday, but if he's not there, I'm done.

=)