Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since She-Ra will be coming to DVD what's the chances of 4H making Stactions?

Galaxysurfer

Since She-Ra will be coming to DVD what's the chances of 4H making Stactions?

I mean, after they are well into MOTU, there's only so many more chars they can make until they start duplicating the figs that Mattel produced...

Is there a chance the 4H could get the rights to do She-Ra stactions?
    Last edited by Galaxysurfer; January 18, 2006 at 01:54am.

GR81 says:

None (base on past post about this)
    Oh! Welcome to the boards
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Still indeed slim to none, I'm afraid.

Welcome to the board, and maybe someone has some info on what was said some months ago about the 'possible re-launch' of She-ra.

I think it meant the DVD's tho, wich are now as many of us know, finnally coming to DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer
    there's only so many more chars they can make until they start duplicating the figs that Hasbro produced...
    If only that had been the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer
    Is there a chance the 4H could get the rights to do She-Ra stactions?
    Yeah, chances are very slim because it would require another license from Mattel as I believe the current agreement is for He-man characters only. A She-ra license would cost NECA more money.

and as for She-ra characters that never appeared as dolls, that would require yet another licensing agreement from Entertainment Rights, who own the She-ra cartoon series and all the characters that never became toys like Shadow Weaver and Scorpia.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats
    and as for She-ra characters that never appeared as dolls, that would require yet another licensing agreement from Entertainment Rights, who own the She-ra cartoon series and all the characters that never became toys like Shadow Weaver and Scorpia.
    Ha ha I bet ER would be easier to deal with than Mattel. ER seems to want to make money not take money, flush it down the toilet, blame us for making them flush it down the toilet and then eventually doing what we want but still seeming to mess it up
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    Ha ha I bet ER would be easier to deal with than Mattel. ER seems to want to make money not take money, flush it down the toilet, blame us for making them flush it down the toilet and then eventually doing what we want but still seeming to mess it up
    Didn't Val state a few weeks ago that ER in fact would be much harder to deal with, because they're completely against seeing classic characters re-designed?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Dear God, I hope not! If that is true, I hope it was just someone stating their personal opinion, not company policy. They must realize the money making potential they have, not to mention a built-in market with those of us that have purchased the 200X series.

If anyone knws where VAL made those statements, please post the link; I want to read that!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

let me see if I got this straight, 4FH have a contract to only produced and redesign characters from the new cartoon and that were mattel figures who were labeled under the original "Masters Of The Universe" packaging only?

So any character in filmation series who didn't recieve a figure can't be redesigned? i.e. Batros, Shakoti, Masque, POP Characters, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Imp..I think the line gets blurred as to whom owns what character.

I would love to see PoP stactions or some other type of 'relaunch' to go along with our future DVDs! The chances of that happening? I dunno. I know the 4H have expressed interest in doing stactions of She-Ra characters. There was some talk awhile back about ER potentially being interested in convincing Mattel to do something for PoP, but we haven't heard anything more on that subject.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Creep990
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly
    Didn't Val state a few weeks ago that ER in fact would be much harder to deal with, because they're completely against seeing classic characters re-designed?
    Yup, he said that. Which is disappointing because I'd love to add Shadow Weaver and Scorpia to my Horde army But who knows, maybe if they use the likeness of the characters in the show and just adapt them to fit in with the current stactions, then it could work. I'd prefer the classic designs anyways. I just hope ER knows there is a demand and hopefully won't be too tough to work out a deal with.

Yep, it's true.
    ER only wants to license the classic library.
    They are not out to revision the line.

The word on the grapevine from Mattel is that they paid quite a bit to get a license that allowed them to revamp the classic MOTU.
    But ER's MOTU is classic oriented.

The 4H, if they got the POP license from ER, would have to do the classic Filmation cartoon versions of the characters.
    I'm 90% sure on that.
    The She-Ra rights are more confusing, from what I hear.
    I don't know exact details, though. I couldn't share them if I knew them either. That kind of info is sensitive intercompany info. Sorry.

I could live with Filmaton-styled PoP figures!

Please ER, let us have PoP figures!!

Me too! Me too!

Could you imagine having figures actually designed to look like the original cartoon characters? That would be a dream come true. An actual Adora that looks like Adora, an actual Glimmer that looks like Glimmer, an actual Catra that looks like Catra. OMG!

Now, who wants to talk the 4H into trying to make this happen?
    Last edited by gnewton34; January 22, 2006 at 09:37am.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    So here's where I get a little lost. The Four Horsemen have a distinctive style in their sculpts that allows them to be extremely detailed. Obviously the cartoons have very little detail in the characters because detail is hard to animate. It's not like the 200x MOTU figures match the 200x cartoon exactly.

Thus, I ask, how much creative license would the Four Horsemen have in terms of sculpting? Would they be allowed to make figures that match the 200x MOTU line, without redesigning the characters? Or would they be forced to make cartoonish figures?

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    The cartoon designs, if I recall correctly, just took what the 4H did and simplified it a bit for the particular style. It wasn't till we got the Snake Men that Mattel told them to make the Snake Men look animated. So I'd imagine any new designs would be pure 4H unless we were getting more episodes.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I would buy classic She-Ra cartoon stactions.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    The word on the grapevine from Mattel is that they paid quite a bit to get a license that allowed them to revamp the classic MOTU.

Wait a minute, Val.

Mattel had to pay money to get a license to remake characters that they already own? How does that make sense?

(not trying to sound mean, I'm just really confused by that)
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I think he meant that Entertainment Rights paid a lot...

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    What he means is Mattel does not wholly own every aspect of He-Man and She-Ra. Mattel owns certain rights and then Filmation>Hallmark>Entertainment Rights owned certain rights.

We've been over this before

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives
    Wait a minute, Val.

Mattel had to pay money to get a license to remake characters that they already own? How does that make sense?

(not trying to sound mean, I'm just really confused by that)
    Mattel would have had to pay Hallmark I'm guessing? Remember that Mattel owns the MOTU toy license, but perhaps to make a new cartoon they would have had to pay Hallmark as they owned the classic cartoon

Would that be it?

It's a given they probably paid for the use of the characters Count Marzo and Evilseed.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I wouldn't say no to classic looking stactions!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

It should of been classic from the get-go, IMO!

But, if they did do Filmation style. Could they make them look okay with the new line?

What am I saying? The Four Horsemen can do anything!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

If we coudn't have POP Stactions, I would love to see them be made by Brass Key as porclain dolls like the Disney Princesses. It doesn't matter if they're Stactions or dolls as long as we have something of the nature I'll be fine.
    " not all who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien

" Well behave women, rarely make history"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity
    Thus, I ask, how much creative license would the Four Horsemen have in terms of sculpting? Would they be allowed to make figures that match the 200x MOTU line, without redesigning the characters? Or would they be forced to make cartoonish figures?
    My guess is that the 4H would have to make them very cartoonish and simple, and couldn't add any design elements/details that weren't in the cartoon or change them. (i.e. redesigning Catra's mask or adding "cat faced" knee pads) What you see is what you get basically. Again, I'm guessing. Also, I would think that they couldn't use major elements from Mattel's toyline. (Which sucks, 'cause Tallstar doesn't look as cool in the 'toon)
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 22, 2006 at 04:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    My guess is that the 4H would have to make them very cartoonish and simple, and couldn't add any design elements/details that weren't in the cartoon or change them.
    I'd agree with that and they are more than capable of doing some thing nice a keeping it simple. Vinyl non posable figures would be a nice way to go in capturing that cartoony look I reckon.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com