Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Richter's answers to fan question revealed! Please discuss in this thread...

So Keldor and Randor were brothers...

That is cool.

But also very depressing since the toon got cancelled before we got to see all this cool stuff such as the Horde taking over Eternia and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    Cool answers.
    I swear there must have been 15 DVD questions though
    It's very irritating to see how people can't take a few moments to search through a thread to see if the question has already been answered.
    I feel sorry for Ian having to say "see above" or copy and pasting answers again because of lazy people.

Too bad no one asked about Teela/Adam hooking up
    Speaking of not reading...
    From above:

102. Was there going to be any kind of love relations/or tensions between Teela and He-Man or Teela and another Master?

IR: No.

Awesome!!

Thanks, Ian!

The fans here are very passionate about He-Man and I think anything is possible, as well.

Very cool stuff. I would love to see those stories you mentioned eventually be made.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    I would have loved to see Skeletor vs Hiss. And it would have been nice to see Fire Armor Skeletor get animated as Skeletor's "new look".

As for MAA being a Snake permanantly/semi-permanantly, that would have been interesting drama wise. The Masters fighting their mentor, Adam having to battle one who knows his secret.

But that Horde taking over Eternia thing sounds awesome. Would have loved to be in the middle of "Attack of the Horde" as it were right now if the show was still on.

Here's a question though...would we have ever seen Trolla?
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

That was awesome!! Thank you Mr. Richter...
    ....season three would have been fantastic.

...such is life.

102. Was there going to be any kind of love relations/or tensions between Teela and He-Man or Teela and another Master?

IR: No.
    Originally posted by JVS3
    Speaking of not reading...
    Yeah I knew someone was gonna bring that up. But the way I read it was there would be no love triangle. ANd it never said anything about Adam and Teela and in my mind other masters means Man-E-Faces, Ram Man etc.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    I have to say as a fan, I wouldn't have been happy at all about Man-At-Arms going over to the Snake men permanently, I don't like that at all. I don't need to digest that one, it would've ****ed me off as a fan. Just being frank here, sorry.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction to that bit of news. Did Mattel really give the green light to that plot development? Would they have put out a Snake Man-At-Arms figure? That plot point doesn't sit well with me at all; there are just certain things that shouldn't be done to these characters, especially when they also carry along with them a lot of pop cultural history. "For good" is a very strong proposition. I could see a short story arc about Man-At-Arms going "traitor" in that way, but making the change permanent, why? Can you imagine that uproar if it was decided that Optimus Prime would permanently become evil in one of the Transformers continuities? I'm thinking it would come to torches and pitchforks, heh.
    Wolfman Jake

Whoops

I forgot to thank everyone who made this Q & A session possible! I for one am VERY happy that we got blunt answers to most of these questions, instead the usual open-endedness in the past. It's refreshing to get definite confirmation on certain issues.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeah, I agree about both sides of the Man-At-Arms issue. It would add a completely new layer of dramatic tension. But for good? No, that would suck.

And Skeletor was going to take over Eternia!! God I so wish we could have seen that!

Not only that, but SKELETOR WAS GOING TO DEFEAT HORDAK!!!!

Not He-Man. Not the heroic warriors working together with the evil warriors. Skeletor.

That's seriously one of the greatest things I've heard in a long time!
    Last edited by VaderLives; April 24, 2005 at 09:42pm.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Jake
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction to that bit of news.
    *sigh* I must have had my inviso-post powers activated again..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    Very interesting stuff..

1) I hope that if new DVDs are ever made, the plan to make Duncan a permanent Snake Man is nixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull
    And it would have been nice to see Fire Armor Skeletor get animated as Skeletor's "new look".
    I am assuming you are just speculating/fantasizing here, HMOG?

Dr. Omega
    Last edited by Dr. Omega; April 24, 2005 at 09:44pm.

Good stuff.

It's bitter sweet for me though...there are some ideas in there that I would have hated to see come to pass..but for the most part it sounded really cool..esp the Horde taking over and the heroes being renegades (an idea i had myself)

Some great stuff was coming. but I also worry about some of the things he said. The talking animals equals younger kids thing...not being relevant to kids thing, etc. I wonder what he means by the relevant thing. I hope to high heaven that this idea wasn't based on he-man's outfit. no matter what you hear or what you are told, kids can be made to like anything. just present it to them the right way. I also didn't like the reasoning behind keeping the space thing out of it. That is what I thought they were going to say. but NA is a footnote no one knows NA when it comes to He-Man not in the general public. I think fans wanted to see more dimensional travelling or at least interaction. NA has nothing to do with that. I think these are the reasons they got tripped up...too many restrictions on what MOTU is. Not to nit pick...I did love the show...but where it lacked you could really feel that mattel was too afraid of going where they failed the 1987 movie and NA and that held back the potential IMO.

Some of these answers sound more 'corporate' and others sound more 'passionate fan'. I can tell Ian loves the brand, but you can also feel the corporate side come out you know? it is his job anyway so I don't blame him. And I don't mean in regards to the 'it has to make financial sense' thing..that's a given it IS a business...but I could just feel where he was being the fan he is and where his job was taking over. So I mean absolutely NO offense.

And in defense of the DVD thing I think people were stating it over and over again more so to show support of the idea rather than not seeing that it was already asked. it's funny that Ian answered it almost everytime though. nice to see he has patience for repetition.

I like the idea of Randor and Keldor being half brothers. I prefer it that way then to full brothers...it adds a nice blood feud. Not to be too controversial but it kind of takes on the jew/muslims,Isaac and Ishmael vibe. This could have lead to some very strong storylines. great drama too.

I hope Mattel is realizing that the fans of MOTU are adults. and to get the kids you don't cater to them. put something JUST out of their reach, they'll want it more. how many kids do you know want to play mario vs how many kids want to get their mitts on Grand theft auto. not saying to make it THAT mature but put the marketing 'just' out of their reach. pg 13 vs pg. trust me it will work.

anyway thanks Ian I appreciate it. Val thanks you too for arranging it.
    Last edited by krosfyah; April 24, 2005 at 09:49pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

There's just no messing with Skeletor, heh. No matter who else they throw at He-Man and the Masters, Skeletor is always going to be their true adversary. It really is too bad that we couldn't see the epic King Hssss vs. Skeletor duel that was planned in the truncated second season. These reveals about the planned future of the cartoon have me thinking about some of the great reveals we did get in the episodes that were produced, one of my favorite being that Skeletor's head is really a disembodied skull floating above his shoulders. That was a nice touch.
    Wolfman Jake

Ian Richter
    hey guys - to clarify one of my answers - Duncan as snakeman would have been a 3-5 episode storyline max. He is one of the great MOTU characters.

I'll try and check back with you guys from time to time.

Regards,

Ian

Awesome! Thanks again.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Richter
    hey guys - to clarify one of my answers - Duncan as snakeman would have been a 3-5 episode storyline max. He is one of the great MOTU characters.

Regards,

Ian
    sigh of relief that it's temporary and a groan of distress that we couldn't have seen this happen.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Whew, thanks for clearing that one up, Mr. Richter. As you can tell, a lot of us He-Fans have quite an emotional investment in these beloved characters, perhaps to a bit of a fault Here's an interesting question, though. Had Mattel contracted a full second season, and the Man-At-Arms turned Snakeman story arc had been introduced, would the Toyfare "Snake Teela" exclusive been instead a "Snake Man-At-Arms"?
    Wolfman Jake

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar

Regards,

Ian
    Cool!

Thanks for the clarification, Ian! I think we can all breathe a collective sigh now..

Please do keep checking in. We would love to hear from you! Even Jeremy still stops by every now and then..

Dr. Omega

Thank you Mr. Richter for answering our questions. Most of the answers really made me wanna cry though. Season 3 would have been a blast. Can't wait for the dvd release along with script 40!
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Hey Ian!

Thanks for all the information.

Hope to keep seeing you around
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IR
    Right now it looks unlikely, but the best thing fans can do right now is support the brand by picking up the DVDs and the great busts and statues the Four Horsemen are working on.
    All I gotta say is LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAN SAYS.

im really excited bout the heman dvds news and the possibility of possibly seeing the show get more eps if we do our parts especially in buying the dvds
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Oh, one thing that had me wondering:

The Webstor question was answered Yes. Yes, as in, yes Webstor actually died there? That was it for him? Or was it a yes that we would see him in more episodes? The "But anything's possible" part of the answer had me thinking the yes was to him dying.

Quote Originally Posted by galmorzu
    Oh, one thing that had me wondering:

The Webstor question was answered Yes. Yes, as in, yes Webstor actually died there? That was it for him? Or was it a yes that we would see him in more episodes? The "But anything's possible" part of the answer had me thinking the yes was to him dying.
    Yes

That's the way I read it.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Thanks to Ian Richter for his time and to Val for making this Q&A possible. It was a very interesting read.

I loved all the surprising plans and plot twists that were in store had the series continued! My favorite aspect of the show was how they were unafraid to shake things up and make changes to the old Filmation "canon". Too bad we'll never see all this come to pass, it would have been great.

-Northy-

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Heh, I figured it would not have been permanent. Would have been nice to see. I'm willing to bet that Clamp Champ would have been the new weapons master while Duncan was doing his reptile turn. More than anything else, I wish we could have seen:
    1. Skeletor battling Hsss all-out, and presumably taking him to the ****ing cleaners
    2. SKELETOR DEFEATING HORDAK
    I always felt like Skeletor really got the shaft in a lot of episodes, "Rise of the Snake Men," in particular. It would have been great to see him walking all over everybody like that, asserting himself once and for all as the #1 badass on the planet.