Thread: Continuity problem: Orko or Montork -who's the greatest?

Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar

Continuity problem: Orko or Montork - who's the greatest?

Who do people think is the more powerful: Montork or Orko?

In 'Dawn of Dragoon' Dree-Elle refers to as Orko as 'Orko the Great' and it's stated that he's the greatest wizard in Trolla. In 'Orko's Favourite Uncle' however, Orko says Montork is the best wizard in the family,and wants to impress him with his magic.

I realise this is probably just a case of retroactively tweaking the continuity, but how do you reconcile this? I just have to overlook this detail when I watch the episodes.
    Last edited by The Overlord; May 4, 2005 at 12:24pm.
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

(Joseph Campbell)

Montork is the best wizard and Orko is almost as good. Dree Elle exaggerated Orko's status because she fancied him.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

The way I see it, Montork is the most powerful wizard on Trolla. Orko however is the active warrior wizard on Trolla. Trained by Montork, he excelled and was shown to be VERY powerful. Montork took a retired position and as such the deeds of montork faded into the history books and Orko being younger and more in your face with his deeds took his place in the hearts and minds of the public. If need be, Montork could still put a whooping on Orko though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Orko is the greatest wizard on Trolla, and Montork MAY have been as good in his heyday. However, Orko exaggerated Montork's abilities because he always looked up to and admired uncle. It's just a case of denial that you could possibly surpass your idol, for example, if a he-fan refused to believe he could outdo the 4H, even if he obviously could (and no, I'm not making reference to anyone, this is just a hypothetical "What If..." scenario)
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Isn't Orko's Name "Orko the Great".
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms
    Isn't Orko's Name "Orko the Great".
    yep and Montork's is Montork the Greatest (just kidding but I still see montork being more powerful)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure