View Poll Results: Evilseed or The Search?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evilseed

8 50.00%
  • The Search

8 50.00%

Thread: Evilseed or The Search?

Evilseed or The Search?

Howdy just thought i would post my first poll regarding these two classic eps.

Vote for your fave and please only vote for one once. Thanks.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

As beautiful as "The Search" is with it's fantastic twist in the tale at the very conclusion of the episode, "Evilseed" I think is more entertaining, visually very beautiful with Bob Arkwright's direction, and has Skeletor at one of his most memorable appearances ever...

Lion_Heart
    Evilseed for sure!!!
    Skeletor and He-Man working together saving Eternia eyyyyy!

I think I'll go for the Search as that part where He-man twirls the sword to creat a tornado in Evil Seed is bit redicilious. Don't like it when he does things like. I told him knock it off!!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

mix of opinions here then. good i like it. keep it up guys i hope the results show that it is a close contest.

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Although I like the Search, Evilseed is easily one of my favorite eps of the entire series. Skeletor has a ton of good lines, it involves something so powerful it effects all of Eternia, and focuses on the big 3 characters of MOTU.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Classic & 200X fan
    I voted for search. Always loved it for the emotion.

Court Magician

I vote for The Search

Both Evilseed and The Search are good episodes. I have to say that The Search is the better out of the two just for that one part where He-man has those good but wicked thoughts. That was one of the better momments in the whole series. Thats what I think anyways. It was great to see/hear He-Man saying/acting like he was.

Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar
    Although I thought 'Evilseed' was great, for me 'The Search' beats it hands down. The scene Hordak81 mentions and the final scene with Zodac make it one of the absolute greats of the series - it goes to the heart of what MOTU is truly all about. I think that moral is the best of the series.
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

(Joseph Campbell)

Chris here...

I love "Evilseed", but "The Search" for my money is one of the strongest episodes of He-Man's season 1 - to see He-Man nearly turn to evil, the storyline about Zodac testing He-Man, and Zodac's dramatic speech at the beginning of the episode about Prince Adam are just three reasons why I love this episode so much!

With no offence meant to anybody, I really feel "The Search" should have made the 10-episode "Best Of" DVD - compare it to "Quest for He-Man" and tell me which one you honestly think is the better episode...!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Court Magician

The Search

The Search should of made the 10, but it didn't and we'll get it later in a box set. I'm not worried about it because I have it many, many times in various formats (and quality) that I've collected over the years. Beta,VHS, DVD & VCD. I'll be up early to get the Best of DVD on the 12th. Yippiee, no more Bad copies from sellers off of E-bay, though they are not that expensive if you break it down to each episode. No more channel logos. No more comercial parts. No more cliped shows because of those comercials. No more bad copies that came from VHS. I hope BCI does these good. I'm just glad that "The Problem With Power" made it to the top 10. The others are good, but "The Problem With Power" had to be on the top 10.
    Last edited by Hordak81; May 15, 2005 at 10:17pm.

wow its a draw. seems these two ep are equal in awesomeness.

Chris M

Lion_Heart
    The reason why I liked evilseed cause we see skeletor helping the good guys. I know skeletor helps He-Man fight “the ice demons”, but that was in skeletors favour as well!! Whereas helping He-Man and the sorceress, skeletor was helping them “SAVE ETERNIA” Opposite to what skeletor wants! I find the episode action packed whereas the search is a more of an advantages episode. For me action is what I loved about He-Man and why I adored it as a child. I use to cry when watching the good guys in battle with skeletors evil warriors. Then when skeletors warriors were winning, Adam always appeared and transformed into He-Man it just made me smile! So when I watch fighting scenes it reminds me to the times that I use to cry. There was no physical battle in the search apart from the ice demons but that wasn’t even a battle! Action owww yeah!!

Court Magician

The Bad Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_Heart
    The reason why I liked evilseed cause we see skeletor helping the good guys. I know skeletor helps He-Man fight “the ice demons”, but that was in skeletors favour as well!! Whereas helping He-Man and the sorceress, skeletor was helping them “SAVE ETERNIA” Opposite to what skeletor wants! I find the episode action packed whereas the search is a more of an advantages episode. For me action is what I loved about He-Man and why I adored it as a child. I use to cry when watching the good guys in battle with skeletors evil warriors. Then when skeletors warriors were winning, Adam always appeared and transformed into He-Man it just made me smile! So when I watch fighting scenes it reminds me to the times that I use to cry. There was no physical battle in the search apart from the ice demons but that wasn’t even a battle! Action owww yeah!!

I like the good guys in Cartoons, but my favorites are the bad guys. I've always liked the bad guys/girls. They are more interesting to me. Maybe I should'nt type this here because it is about the new show..But...Do you remember the part In the 2002 show when He-man went to make it so Hordak would not come to Eternia? You should of seen me. I was yelling at the TV/He-Man like crazy. I wanted Hordak to come through so bad, only then would the show of became more interesting. Back to the original. I use to yell at The Bad guys all the time for being so dumb. But I knew it was a show and if they caught the bad guys the show would be over. Or the other way around too. If bad caught good. Oh well.

Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan
    Chris here...

With no offence meant to anybody, I really feel "The Search" should have made the 10-episode "Best Of" DVD - compare it to "Quest for He-Man" and tell me which one you honestly think is the better episode...!
    Chris, you took the words right out of my mouth! I've made my opinion of 'Quest for He-Man' clear - and 'The Search' is an absolute classic!
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

(Joseph Campbell)