Thread: Google sued for $1 Billion big ones..

Google sued for $1 Billion big ones..

wow.. lets just say that they lose, how much of a dent will this affect google..

isn't google worth over $50 billion?

so i guess they can keep going for $40 billion

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com....aspx?GT1=9215
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

GR81 says:

49 billions bro
    GR81 says : You're role... read what GR81 writes!!!

I think I'm gonna go hit YouTube and see if I can't find some Viacom footage to watch....
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    I think I'm gonna go hit YouTube and see if I can't find some Viacom footage to watch....
    I would have too, but I can't think of any decent programs Viacom make off hand (that's if there is such a thing as a decent Viacom made show)

I know there is a lot of music videos on YouTube, but why should Viacom care? It's not like MTV is a music channel anymore, since it basically changed to a teen docu-soap channel in recent years!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I know there is a lot of music videos on YouTube, but why should Viacom care? It's not like MTV is a music channel anymore, since it basically changed to a teen docu-soap channel in recent years!
    One of the example clips they showed on the news was Ashley Tisdale on MTV TRL heh.

In a way, I wish everyone approved of YouTube. BUT -- the companies should be protecting their properties.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I think its stupid that all these companies sue youtube for the video clips being used by some people. Most of them are captured off TV and well I don't see that as much of a bad thing for them as everyone copies stuff off of tv.

I could understand if someone ripped a DVD and put it on youtube, Maybe even if they put a whole TV ep on there, but a clip. I think these big companies are getting way too greedy now. I wish they would lose and get knocked down a notch, Sadly they will probably win.

I would have too, but I can't think of any decent programs Viacom make off hand (that's if there is such a thing as a decent Viacom made show)
    um, Viacom is HUGE...this would explain why i couldn't get the original Colbert Report clip on youtube...it was removed by request of Viacom...

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletoncrew View Post
    um, Viacom is HUGE...
    And they own Matlock. They should get him on the case

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Movie mayhem!
    I think that the user is at fault for "posting" copy righted material and that as long as google/youtube police it as found and take it down and or take down things reported to them by user or groups, then they are doing their job and shouldn't be open to being sued. I think if a group can document that they contact google to take something down, and it didn't, then yes its not done its job and could be held up

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017

Here we go again!

Well well well, I see that Viacom is once again up to their evil ways!

Thanks to Viacom and Paramount, we can no longer go to Rodenberry.Com and purchase high quality Star Trek prop replicas, that were in some cases made by the former Paramount Prop Master(s) that originally made them for the movies and TV shows!

Also, thanks to Viacom/Paramount, many of the dealers that SF fans depended on at SF cons to find hard-to-find memorabilia are no longer attending the cons, making it that much harder to find the items you wish to collect!

And people wonder why the Star Trek franchise is dying.
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Well well well, I see that Viacom is once again up to their evil ways!

Thanks to Viacom and Paramount, we can no longer go to Rodenberry.Com and purchase high quality Star Trek prop replicas, that were in some cases made by the former Paramount Prop Master(s) that originally made them for the movies and TV shows!

Also, thanks to Viacom/Paramount, many of the dealers that SF fans depended on at SF cons to find hard-to-find memorabilia are no longer attending the cons, making it that much harder to find the items you wish to collect!

And people wonder why the Star Trek franchise is dying.
    Geez man, that really sucks. The whole "big faceless corporation" label is cliched at most times, but things like that bring it home. I've got nothing against big business, but we've been given the finger by one or two as well.

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Great deals so far: slgcmg; slothboy; Luigispice; Bosskmr; Fairyheart; Robertytus; Mighty Puundragon

i can name a few: South Park, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Spongebob, CSI, Ultimate Fighter...

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post
    i can name a few: South Park, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Spongebob, CSI, Ultimate Fighter...
    Well non of those are on my list to watch I don't like any of those shows, especially South Park which I cannot stand at all!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilee4 View Post

The problem I have with all this is that some of the things being deleted from Youtube are short clips, fan made music videos (although I guess the the people who own the songs could get them on that one), and parodies. If it's full episodes, or even episodes that are broken up into pieces, that are being deleted, that would be fine. But some of these companies are taking this way too far. Like the parodies, aren't those protected by copyright laws?

And people are doing the same thing on LiveVideo.com, posting clips, music videos, and full episodes of their favorite shows. Why isn't Viacom suing them?

I disagree with the actions that Viacom, and possibly others, are taking against Google, and YouTube.

Google, and YouTube, in my view, provide a great service to all of us in how they can grant us access to very oscure, and/or fairly old material... including classic He-Man and She-Ra, before the DVDs were released (in fact, even now, as far as She-Ra Season 2 episodes are concerned, if you don't want to wait for S2V1).

If there's concrete evidence that, say, DVD sales are suffering due to Google, and YouTube, then I can see the case of a Viacom... but, in reality, with out Google and YouTube we wouldn't have any access whatsoever to a lot of the great, older entertainment material that we all know and love.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

It's infected the UK too?