Thread: Best/Worst figures for The Slime Pit?

Court Magician

Best/Worst figures for The Slime Pit?

I never had The Slime Pit back in my youth. A friend had one but my as the old familiar story goes, my parents would never allow something which would allow me to destroy the carpet & wood finishings so quickly and easily. Well over 30 years later I'm finally the owner of a vintage Slime Pit and while I'm happy to say I'm not as worried about me destroying my carpets as my parents were, I am curious as to which vintage figures are most likely to get really messed up after putting the Pit through it's paces.

So my question to all of you is, which figures did you find worked the best with the Slime Pit back in the day and which ones did you totally muck-up/destroy with it? Heck, which were even just more fun to slime for you? Obviously Moss Man and Grizzlor are the big NO-NOs. But beyond the fur & fuzz figures were there any others that you found to be a nightmare when it came to clean up time? My personal guess is that Spikor (even though he was the featured victim in the Slime Pit TV ad) would have been just awful to have to pick the goo off of when it came time to put everything away. But maybe there's some that are even worse? I can imagine it leaking into, drying out and gumming up Mantenna's eye mechanism and so-on...

What do you think? Which were the most fun for you to get messy?

I think Spikor worked the best, don't put Grizzlor or Mossman or they will get messy
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

I would imagine another no-no might be thunderpunch he-man - getting slime in the backpack and all that. Battle armor he-man and skeletor also likely bad candidates (in case the armor got rotated in with slime on it), same with man-e-faces, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Adam's vest will get ruined too.

I've never had a slime pit, but I was wondering . . . would vintage slime pit slime still be good after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by McHorde-Trooper View Post
    I've never had a slime pit, but I was wondering . . . would vintage slime pit slime still be good after all these years?
    There are some folks who have found some vintage slime, and it is *usually* dried out. Those containers that aren't totally dry are often mostly dry... But I did see one video, that you can find on YouTube I'm sure, where someone found a small amount in liquid form and did a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    He-Bro, that video is awesome!

As far as non-dried-up-vintage slime goes, I intend to use the Ghostbusters slime they're selling at Family Dollars stores right now. It's green color is certainly shades darker than MOTU slime used to be but the consistency is perfect! Not too thick, not too runny & it doesn't stick like mad to your fingers like the other current slime formula Mattel has recently sold for their own Ghostbusters toys.

Cool, I might have to look for that stuff. I'm not sure I would slime anything, though I do have an extra McDonald's Beastman toy. That might look cool.

Heroic Podcaster
    Sealed Slime canisters from the 80s can still be gently shaken so you can hear the galoshing inside. The slime doesn't dry out if the can stays sealed - it THINS out. I haven't opened one since 1986 when I ruined my aunt's carpet with some but I'd imagine (from listening to sealed canisters within the last year) that it would come out now as slimy green water. But much thinner than it was in the 80s.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    I'd say no to using:

Stinkor
    Scare Glow

I had friends of mine that did it on Scare Glow and he didn't rinse it off right away and it took some of the glow in the dark effects off....

Vintage POP figures, should you collect these, seem like they should also be a huge no-no due to the hair. Kind of unfortunate since Hordak is the big bad of POP but there you are.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"I am not crazy. The Bishop had me tested."