Thread: anybody know about the pewter miniature figures from the 80s?

Widget

anybody know about the pewter miniature figures from the 80s?

hey everybody! I am new to the forum and have been looking around.. I recently came across a number of miniature Masters of the Universe pewter figurines from the 80s and I'm wondering if they are worth anything. I can't seem to find anything on the net other than some of the more common ones. It looks like I have a number of them that I can't find information on anywhere..

I have a Ram-man, Zodiac, Stratos, Man-E-Faces, looks like a riding Evil-Lyn, Tri-Klops,, Trap Jaw, Faker, Mer-Man And a Battle Ram.. These are all small, pewter figurines, not the action figures.

If anybody has any info on these,, please let me know:-)

I'd love to see them, if nothing else.

Widget
    here are some of the pictures. Haven't uploaded here before, so hopefully this works:
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are die-cast paint and play figures:

http://www.he-man.org/merchandising/item.php?id=257

Widget
    Thanks everybody.

If you check on ebay, you'll see that they're worth a bit of money - more than the actual toys they're based on. However, I'm sure they're worth more unpainted.

Very cool. Digging the TriKlops most of all.

Widget
    These are brilliant, haven't seen them before.

G
    My Blog - www.gquests.wordpress.com
    Twitter - @geeky_g
    Editor of DWAS publication Cosmic Masque - www.dwasonline.co.uk

Yeah, these Grenadier wargaming figures are hard to find. I keep getting sniped on the ebay auctions I find lol! They're really cool, and I believe that there were a couple of different sets made. They are worth a little bit, and paint can always be stripped off if someone wanted to repaint them. They are old school wargaming miniatures which mean they'll have lead in them, just FYI.

Actually, ORG member SunDevil has a lot of these I believe, I'm sure he could give you a checklist or something

Very jealous of your collection there, but super happy that you have them!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Very cool. Digging the TriKlops most of all.
    awesome, thank you! They've been stored away in my closet for probably 20 years and I just found them in the process of getting ready to move!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G!! View Post
    These are brilliant, haven't seen them before.

G
    glad you like them! A lot of them I haven't seen elsewhere on eBay or anywhere else, so I wasn't sure what to make of them, LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    Yeah, these Grenadier wargaming figures are hard to find. I keep getting sniped on the ebay auctions I find lol! They're really cool, and I believe that there were a couple of different sets made. They are worth a little bit, and paint can always be stripped off if someone wanted to repaint them. They are old school wargaming miniatures which mean they'll have lead in them, just FYI.

Actually, ORG member SunDevil has a lot of these I believe, I'm sure he could give you a checklist or something

Very jealous of your collection there, but super happy that you have them!
    thanks! Still new here, I'll see what I can figure out how to drop him a note directly :-)

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I have a bunch of these that I started painting but haven't finished. I really enjoy them - looks like you've got some nice ones!

These guys are perfectly in scale with the Icon Heroes Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain, if you're ever in the mood to build a diorama. I have CG and a custom Snake Mountain on that scale and they look great with it. I really like this size because it saves space! Unfortunately, mine are packed away right now, but when I get 'em set up again, I'll have to post pix.

I was hopeful that the Super7 MOTUSCLE would be in this scale, but alas, they're larger.

Heroic Podcaster
    Thanks for posting your pics here, Talshar! And thanks for the shout-out Thunderkill!

These look like a nice collection! The painting doesn't hurt them at all because metal miniatures (especially one-piece minis like these) are extremely easy to strip and repaint. So no worries there! But, as mentioned above, these do contain lead so be careful!

I do see that Trap Jaw is slightly damaged. His head loop is crushed (which is common) and I believe he is missing the tip of his gun. Still, he is a tremendously popular character and doesn't come up for sale often. Ram Man looks great and his axe is fine, when it is usually broken!

The real treasure is your Evil-Lyn, if that is really what she is (no pics). If it's her, that mini is worth close to $100 on her own. She was only available in an Evil Warrior Boxed Set that I haven't seen packaged pictures of in 25 years of collecting. I've only ever found two LOOSE in those 25 years and I owned them both until recently when I sold one to a fellow collector.

Most of these are easily worth $10-$20 each with the Evil-Lyn at around $100 or so. The Lazer Cannons are around $5 each. The entire collection could be valued at around $200 to $250. If you list it on eBay, it is a roll of the dice. They WILL sell but people always want to get something for nothing (or close to it) so I would put a reserve on them if I were you.

You could also sell them here. We have many, many trustworthy MOTU fans with good/great feedback. I'd offer on them myself but I've recently had to scale back my collecting. I do still have a complete painted collection of these and they remain my favorite MOTU merch item of all time.

Best of luck with these little treasures and thank you for sharing them with us! Let us know what you end up doing!

@Salamandra - You HAVE to post pics of your painted ones! Or PM me pics at least!
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!