KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkan View Post
    Thank you pals.

Where did you get that info?
    by owning them

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    It's a model Attak Trak in alternate colours with some additional parts stuck on. I think the company that released them was called Rev-something. Someone with a better knowledge of the toys will fill in the rest of the details. There was also a Roton released similar to this and, I think, a Talon Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    It's a model Attak Trak in alternate colours with some additional parts stuck on. I think the company that released them was called Rev-something. Someone with a better knowledge of the toys will fill in the rest of the details. There was also a Roton released similar to this and, I think, a Talon Fighter.
    I'm positive about the talon fighter

It's the Monogram model kit version of Attak Trak, they indeed made both the Talon Fighter and Roton with alternate color and different details than the toys version.

They were snap-tite kit (that could be made without glue) that were on scale to use with the figure just as regular vehicule.

Here an E-Bay auction for the Roton, it show the box nicely:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Monogram-MASTERS...QcmdZViewItem.

And a tread about these on another forum (they're a nice pic of the red version of the Attak Trak):
    http://actionfiguresca.proboards43.c...ead=1184569535
    Last edited by Dr Bo; September 27, 2007 at 10:53am.
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

I've been looking for these alternate color vehicles for a while now. The models themselves are not hard to fin but you never know what your getting in them. The box just shows both and says you may get one or the other. I have all three sealed but don't know what colors they are.

I remember having these as a kid, very easy to break. I think I sneezed on one and it shattered. The ydid fit in well with the line though. The Talon Fighter even had a little trigger you could pull on to make the wings flap.

He-Bro, if you not interested in the auction could you PM the link please? I can't find it anywhere on ebay.
    Last edited by motu77; September 27, 2007 at 02:40pm.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Bizarre find in an Arkansas Hobby Store

So I was visiting this little hobby store in Jacksonville Arkansas over the weekend, and as I was casually scanning the model shelves, my MOTU radar goes off. On the shelf are model kit versions of the old Roton and Talon Fighter vehicles. I'm totally weirded out. They were produced by Monogram (a legitimate model company) and have a date on them of 1984. I don't have pictures because I didn't actually buy them, wishing to obtain some sort of background first...the price was $8.95, though, which really raised my eyebrows. There were some other strange things about them, too, such as...

-The Roton had some kind of cage-like canopy over the cockpit
    -The box art for the Roton showed a character which doesn't exist, but somewhat resembled King Hiss
    -The models appear to be disassembled versions of the regular vehicles, complete with unapplied stickers and whatnot.

What's going on here?
    Also, for the record, the store had one Roton and three Talon Fighters.

yes i think those are pretty common, also there is attak trak, but to be honest if i saw those on a store my heart beat would raise too

The most surprising thing about this story is the price! I think those model kits usually go for at least $20 or $30 on ebay so that's a pretty good find. Yeah they made those 3 at the beginning of the line...there's probably more info about them somewhere on this site.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

i dunno about those, but i'm pretty sure i've seen more than once attak trak for 5USD buy it now MISB

on the other hand, that was a while back ... i had a real attak trak misb sold for 17€ , had to buy it back years later for 50€ could not overrule the guilt in my body

The Roton I've never seen. I knew about the Talon Fighter and Attak Trak. In fact, I have the Attak Trak. I recently bought it off ebay for $7 or $8.

Sad part is, I'm downsizing a lot of stuff so I may end up selling it. I put the thing together (only a snap model kit) but I never applied the labels since you need to cut them out instead of peel and stick. I don't have that steady of a hand

I love the design of it though! AND it was used in one of the new comics (Power of Fear - I think)!!

I never leave anything vintage MOTU on a shelf unless it's marked up in a reseller store. If I found something vintage in a store for regular price I would by regardless of what it was.

Those are so cool looking. If you go back pick some of those up I'd buy some!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

SWEET FANCY MONKEYS!

That's an awesome find for the price I think! I saw a MIP Roton model kit for $30.00 like 2 weeks ago. I'd have bought it too, but I wasn't sure on the price of it elsewhere so I held off.

I have some old comic books that had the adds for these model kit vehicles in them, I should scan those adds & show everyone, soon as I find those comics that is... According to the add, they were supposedly actually able to be used by your MotU figures, so that's pretty cool. And the colors on some of the Roton kits are reversed (ex: red body, black blade), or so it said on the side of the packaging that I saw.

I wouldn't mind getting that Roton or the Talon Fighter model kit. Are you planning on going back there, or is it really out-of-the-way for you?

~Co-Lec-Tor

Something weird's going on, first MOTU kites, then a MOTU Hordak/Grizzlor two-pack and now model kits found at retail all within a week Strange.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by xBBestx View Post
    I never leave anything vintage MOTU on a shelf unless it's marked up in a reseller store. If I found something vintage in a store for regular price I would by regardless of what it was.
    WORD!
    im surprised these things even turn up
    NOTHING IS STRONGER THAN HE-MAN!

GREAT SELLERS! = Thundercattygra(x2),Ess7477(x2 Ebay x1)Onthoofder (1)AGE(1) Mikedtrent (Ebay x1)

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    Something weird's going on, first MOTU kites, then a MOTU Hordak/Grizzlor two-pack and now model kits found at retail all within a week Strange.
    I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering why I can't find one of these vintage deals. I'm still waiting to walk into an old outlet store and see a case fresh Eternia playset.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering why I can't find one of these vintage deals. I'm still waiting to walk into an old outlet store and see a case fresh Eternia playset.
    If you find more than one LMK! I'd buy one!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior
    You didn't buy them because you wanted to obtain more info on them?

Can anyone identify this character?

I came across this auction for a roton monogram model kit, and I noticed on the cover box art is a mysterious character driving the vehicle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MISB-ROTON-Vehic...d=p3286.c0.m14

yeah that's Roton, only its a model that you put together. There is a vehicle that looks like this from the vintage line only the colors are different.

I have this model kit, it's sweet!
    Auto-reply: out of the office until further notice, please shoot me an e-mail below or wait for a long time to hear back... happy MOTUCing

E-mail me:
    boggs32@marshall.edu

Thanks Guys! (my Positives in TR):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=62577

Yeah, I know it's a Roton vehicle. I'm talking about the guy that's driving the roton on the box art.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    who ever you want him to be.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

that's what I get for half reading a post It's been a long day!

I want to say the character is Koldar? Not sure though, I can't remember Shutting mouth now

p.s. I always go here to ID characters: http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...aracters.shtml
    Last edited by boggs32; September 27, 2008 at 06:12pm.
    Auto-reply: out of the office until further notice, please shoot me an e-mail below or wait for a long time to hear back... happy MOTUCing

E-mail me:
    boggs32@marshall.edu

Thanks Guys! (my Positives in TR):
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=62577

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a Roton vehicle. I'm talking about the guy that's driving the roton on the box art.
    I always figured it was just some generic person they put in there.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

--Calvin and Hobbes