Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Loose MOTU Clamshell

Best Loose MOTU Clamshell

Okay, so crusin' around the net today, seeing if i can snag a few of the last items I need before my collection is complete. I leave to go to the washroom, I come back, my GF is on my PC, and is like "Why arent your toys in clamshells?" and she's sitting there looking at an auction with every figure in what looks like custom MOTU clamshells. I am now very interested in the idea, and would love to display them in my room like this.

Thing is I have found a few, and I dont know which is best, or which is cheapest.

So far I know of Zoloworld.com and Pro-Tech bubbles. Are there any others, that might be cheaper? I need around 65-70 cases, and the most I want to spend per case is 1.50 .... ideally I'd want to spend 20-50 cents, considdering they are super cheap plastic, and I dont imagine they are hard to make.

So after hours of searching I thought, HEY! How about I ask people who'd know?! You guys! .... any ideas on who makes the best for the best price?

Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    The higher quality cases would be the zoloworld cases & i would say the better case.

The cheapest case around for MOTU would be the protech 55cents each but work well.

i just got 100 cases for my loose figures . i got them from theearthtoymall.com/sofcashotwhe.html. they are made for hotwheels but fit all vintage MOTU except Round back Two-bad. they cost $55.00USD for 100 cases + shipping

Note: i got the black permant marker off the bottom of king hsss & whiplash's feet(initials BB) if you can see it in the pic, using a sponge called 'White Magic', it works well to clean figures & you just need to use water.

I use zoloworld for MOC

Last edited by skelehorde; August 16, 2010 at 03:21am.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    The higher quality cases would be the zoloworld cases & i would say the better case.

The cheapest case around for MOTU would be the protech 55cents each but work well.

i just got 100 cases for my loose figures . i got them from theearthtoymall.com/sofcashotwhe.html. they are made for hotwheels but fit all vintage MOTU except Round back Two-bad. they cost $55.00USD for 100 cases + shipping

Note: i got the black permant marker off the bottom of king hsss & whiplash's feet(initials BB) if you can see it in the pic, using a sponge called 'White Magic', it works well to clean figures & you just need to use water.

I use zoloworld for MOC
    thanks! from the looks of that page they all have "Hotwheels" stamped int othe plastic, is this the case? because yours dont look like they do .... so im not sure. I want to buy those cuz the price is right, but i dont want hotwheels stamped into them ...
    Religion = The Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    thanks! from the looks of that page they all have "Hotwheels" stamped int othe plastic, is this the case? because yours dont look like they do .... so im not sure. I want to buy those cuz the price is right, but i dont want hotwheels stamped into them ...
    The stamp on the back says car case but isnt very visible. They have MOTU cases at that site as well, they are a bit larger & i think they have 'figure case' stamped on the back.

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

as long as it is on the back, I dont care much. Im more concerned about price. I looked at the MOTU cases on their site and they are more than double the hotwheels cases. This is a great tip ... I think I'll do it if they look like yours do. Ideally I'd love the zoloworld ones, but thats too much money for a plastic case. I feel like they take advantage of us.

Any idea what clamshells fit loose:

Bravestarr
    Silverhawks
    Thundercats
    Ninja Turtles
    Ghostbusters

??
    Religion = The Horde

The cases for MOTU from the same site theearthtoymall.com/socalovihema.html should fit most of those lines. i think the site has cases for figures up to the size of 10inches which should fit Bravestarr figures.

here are some pics of the back of the case,evil-lyn & teela are the only figures that the image on the back can be seen from the front.

without flash & upped the brightness

leech just fits in

Last edited by skelehorde; August 17, 2010 at 11:49pm.

I've purchased almost 1000 of these and for the price, you wont find a better case. the Zolo cases are really nice but if you don't want to spend too much money, these Hot Wheels cases are perfect.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    I've purchased almost 1000 of these and for the price, you wont find a better case. the Zolo cases are really nice but if you don't want to spend too much money, these Hot Wheels cases are perfect.
    wow no kidding. Those are some great pictures. I am indeed worried about the Bravestarr stuff though. I want cases that fit each figure snug like they do your masters toys. Silverhawks tend to be shorter, while Bravestarr is damn near a barbie doll.

Maybe i just need to go measure and surf the site you linked me better.

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    I am thinking of buying, do you know if they ship to canada? cuz im on the site now and no matter what i pick, ups ground, next day air, the price doesnt change. seems odd to me.
    Last edited by Stickfa; August 27, 2010 at 06:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Hello my friends,

Here are some pics of zoloworld cases. These are more rigid and actually aid in prevention of leg warping. We are here to protect the figures / mini comic while also offering an awesome display. Being a collector myself, I use a great number of these cases. Protect your figures from leg band warping.

If you are interested in setting your room up like a toy store, use a combo of pegboard and 12" pegs. These cases will go 6 deep!

Take a look my friends and judge for yourselves.

thanks zoloworld associate! lol ... anyways, I do like em, but I went with the .50 cent cases. zolo is just too pricey.

Anyone have around .... oh ... 30 Pro Tech MOTU cases they want to get rid of?
    Last edited by Stickfa; September 13, 2010 at 12:42am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Has anyone found the little plastic "baggies" that hold the weapons anywhere? They are a nice touch, I'd like to use them with my zolo cases.

On any order you purchase 25 or more, I will give a free bag for those and I will have them for mini-comics as well.

Since you purchased from me in the past, i may be able to work something out. We just got these in

Quote Originally Posted by void2k View Post
    Has anyone found the little plastic "baggies" that hold the weapons anywhere? They are a nice touch, I'd like to use them with my zolo cases.
    You can find little baggies (although they are like ziplock baggies and not open-ended) in the arts/crafts/jewelry section at Walmarts. They also can be found at Hobby Lobbys and Michaels. I think they are called jewelry bags. There are 3 sizes I normally see: small, medium, and large. The small and medium bags are great for vintage MOTU weapons. That what I use with my Zoloworld cases.

Heroic Warrior
    Those HotWheel clamshells look like the fit the figures really good!

I think I am going to buy some today! & the price seems great

So is the best way to clean the figures with that White Magic product? I assume it doesnt fade the paint or mess up the figures?

Thanks for all the info guys

If anyone notices the clamshells designed for MOTU guys go on sale again at the earth toy mall, can you post here please?

Im just DYING to get more.
    lol, i was just coming back here to say that .. i didnt realize i already did ...

Also, if you know anywhere else I can get them?

theearthtoymall.com/socalovihema.html
    Last edited by Stickfa; January 22, 2011 at 09:49am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar

Do you guys have any tips for protecting some vintage MOTU figures?

I have an original Prince Adam figure complete with the vest and belt, a Ninjor with all the clothes and some of its weapons and a King Randor that are juicy getting dusty. Can you guys give me some tips on how to protect those figures from getting dust?

**The search feature is your friend. **
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

I use the Zoloworld cases for all my vintage carded figures and have begun putting my loose figures in them as well. They even make figures with crazy legs look great.

Don't forget that the Zoloworld cases also fit a minicomic very nicely behind the figure!

Can you fit a loose Spikor in the zoloworld case? He doesn't fit in the hot wheels case

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    Can you fit a loose Spikor in the zoloworld case? He doesn't fit in the hot wheels case
    My spikor is in a hotwheels case right above me right now ...... he's on a slight angle, but he fits. Is that not acceptable for what you are doing?
    Religion = The Horde

Heroic Warrior
    I might get some of these cases for the more valuable figures (Randor, Clamp Champ, etc.)

I like to display with vehicles and playsets though, but I get you don't need every figure to do that!

It's REALLY messy looking and nothing is more irritating then the sound of figures hitting the floor...it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Thinking of getting some into those Hot Wheel cases and thumb tacking them on the wall above the Playsets

My spikor is in a hotwheels case right above me right now ...... he's on a slight angle, but he fits. Is that not acceptable for what you are doing?
    My Spikor has a left leg that is a little goofy, so I want to make sure he stands with his legs straight.

Maybe I'll try cutting a section out of the side of the clamshell where his trident can stick out.

I would actually like to get a couple of zoloworld cases for guys with problematic legs like spikor, sorceress, and king hiss. The question is whether they all fit or not.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 2, 2012 at 10:25am.

Do leech and squeeze and spiker fit into the zoloworld clamshells?
    And are there any clamshells for battle cat? Maybe the TRU two pack clamshell?
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno

I think it is a worthwhile investment. Got tired of guys falling over, knocking each other over, and guys who just can't stand period. Nice to be able to keep everybody with all weapons they come with.

http://dos-man.webs.com/dresser.JPG
    http://dos-man.webs.com/wall.JPG

I do like to display some guys riding on beasts and in vehicles, but I keep a stock of beaters for that. I don't want any legs warping on any of my near mint guys as a result. Worked too damn hard and paid too damn much to get them in that condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbloo View Post
    Do leech and squeeze and spiker fit into the zoloworld clamshells?
    And are there any clamshells for battle cat? Maybe the TRU two pack clamshell?
    I imagine battle cat would fit really well in the TRU clamshells. They are the right length. And they are tall enough to probably accomodate a rider.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 2, 2012 at 12:24pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zolo-like cases for less?

I found a company that sells zoloworld-like cases for cards with bubble space in several sizes for less than a dollar each in relatively small lots.

If a moderator approves, I can post the link here.

What should the correct dimensions for each MOTU toyline be (including bubbles)?

(I'm asking because from the vintage line, I only own carded commemoratives which could have different sizes)
    Last edited by Dr_SLUMP; January 6, 2012 at 07:47pm. Reason: Commemorative notice

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    You can post the name of the site and the information on the cases, but please do not post direct links to online retailers in this forum. Those would go in the marketplace. Thanks.