Thread: In what order were the Evil Warriors recruited?

In what order were the Evil Warriors recruited?

All -

Just trying to get a general idea of the "tenure" of the Evil Warriors. I doubt all the various media agree (or maybe they do). My only off-hand knowledge leads me to believe the following:

- Beast Man was Keldor's first recruit (per the Icons of Evil comic).
    - I believe that Beast Man, Mer-Man, Kronis and Tri-Klops were all present when Keldor first met Evil-Lyn (200x cartoon)
    - When Skeletor was trying to break through the great wall, Whiplash and Clawful were present, but whether or not they preceded Evil-Lyn is not clear (200x cartoon)
    - Stinkor, Two-Bad, and Webstor all joined Skeletor's ranks sometime after the great wall came down. I know Webstor was last, but I can't remember if Stinkor or Two-Bad came first (200x cartoon)

Anyway... I was just curious to hear other people's insight and whether any of the other media supports the order in which Skeletor built his ranks.

I believe your timeline is correct by what information was made available, however I'm not sure Webstor ever fully joined Skeletor as per the cartoon. He was recruited by Skeletor for the council of Evil (Which by the way it would be awesome to have a 200x Webstor) and he never actually joined Skeletor's ranks. The final episode he was in showed him killed by the snake men after, and he was back in his own den.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I ignore what's in canon and just assume they were recruited in order of appearance of their vintage toys
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I believe your timeline is correct by what information was made available, however I'm not sure Webstor ever fully joined Skeletor as per the cartoon. He was recruited by Skeletor for the council of Evil (Which by the way it would be awesome to have a 200x Webstor) and he never actually joined Skeletor's ranks. The final episode he was in showed him killed by the snake men after, and he was back in his own den.
    I'm fairly certain (although it's been a long time since I watched the series), that when the other members of the Council of Evil abandoned Skeletor, there was a brief interaction between Skeletor and Webstor that indicated that Webstor was planning to stick around. You're right, though -- the next time we saw Webstor, he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I ignore what's in canon and just assume they were recruited in order of appearance of their vintage toys
    Yeah, I guess that's one way to do it. But since the 200x cartoon (and some of the 200x comics) did give some in-story indication of the order in which some of them joined, I just wondered if there was more information out there to give a canonical order to the Evil Warriors.

Given the wide differences in MOTU canons, it should be possible for new and future story authors to re-imagine which characters are central to Skeletor's ranks and when. Just as it is possible to allow versions of the story where Tung Lashor and Rattlor have served Hordak for centuries before Hiss' escape from the void vs the Snake Men all escaping the void together ... so it should be possible to imagine a MOTU where Keldor joined forces with Draego-Man and Saurod long before the transformation to Skeletor and subsequently recruiting Beast-man, Fang-man and Mer-Man.

Instead of always and forever more being bit players, it would be great to see a storyline where we are freed from the historical accident of vintage release schedules and characters such as say Blast-Attack, Fang-man and Ninjor are able to take their place as the crux of Skeletor's forces back at the start of the war. Rumor has it was Ninjor who snuck in and stole the baby Adora to give to Skeletor to present to Hordak and Blast-Attack first split in two to single handedly fight both Wun-Dar and the Goddess to claim half the Power Sword for Keldor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Yep, that's the way I see it as well. That is the way the toy companies overall meant it to be. Everything else is retcon garbage. And I hate retcon garbage!!!!
    One purple turd deserves another.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    In "Diamond Ray of Disappearance," Skeletor recruits the Evil Warriors in the following order:

1. Mer-Man
    2. Evil-Lyn
    3. Tri-Klops
    4. Trap Jaw

Beastman, Panthor, and Chopper/Jistu are already present.

It didn't look like Skeletor was recruiting them, he was just telling them to get back to work.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    All -

Just trying to get a general idea of the "tenure" of the Evil Warriors. I doubt all the various media agree (or maybe they do). My only off-hand knowledge leads me to believe the following:

- Beast Man was Keldor's first recruit (per the Icons of Evil comic).
    - I believe that Beast Man, Mer-Man, Kronis and Tri-Klops were all present when Keldor first met Evil-Lyn (200x cartoon)
    - When Skeletor was trying to break through the great wall, Whiplash and Clawful were present, but whether or not they preceded Evil-Lyn is not clear (200x cartoon)
    - Stinkor, Two-Bad, and Webstor all joined Skeletor's ranks sometime after the great wall came down. I know Webstor was last, but I can't remember if Stinkor or Two-Bad came first (200x cartoon)

Anyway... I was just curious to hear other people's insight and whether any of the other media supports the order in which Skeletor built his ranks.
    With 2002 MYP/MVC, you can deduce some sort of an order.

Beast Man would be the first we see Keldor recruit (comic).
    Tri-Klops is possibly next given that Keldor talks to Beast Man about invading another villain's place, where Tri-Klops shows himself (comic).
    Kronis could be next, for in the cartoon-episode we see him, Tri-Klops and Beast Man... No Mer-Man... When Keldor meets Evil-Lyn....so
    Evil-Lyn makes 4th recruit.
    Mer-Man possibly follows after that as addition to the ranks, since he doesn't have a specific origin and the comic doesn't tie into Keldor really.
    Whiplash is another candidate around this time, for when...
    Kronis turns into Trap Jaw, we see that Skeletor already has Mer-Man and Whiplash in his warriors, when Kronis defies him (comic).
    Clawful fits sometime after that..
    Two-Bad as based on cartoon events after Mystic Wall broke, as you mentioned.
    Odiphus/Stinkor as based on cartoon episode.
    Webstor was briefly shown in shadows but likely joined Skeletor after the events with Stinkor..

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Yep, that's the way I see it as well. That is the way the toy companies overall meant it to be. Everything else is retcon garbage. And I hate retcon garbage!!!!
    Amen to that!

And if not, just make up your own canon however you see fit!

That works for me too .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    - Panthor
    - Beast Man (Icons of Evil comic).
    - Mer-Man
    - Blindsman (Triklops)
    - Kronis (with this order Tri-Klops transforms Kronis in TrapJaw)
    - Evil Lyn

I also want to join to this group Odiphus as a servant of the group and Tuvar and Baddra as suporting mercenaries.

All the others Evil Masters join in the same order as the vintage figures releases (because they also appeared in the vintage minicomics).
    - GoatMan
    - Then Filmation ones (Icer, StrongArm, Batros)
    - And last MOTUC ones (Dragon Man, Mo-Larr)
    MATTEL you owe me a SNAKE TORSO!!!

TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    It didn't look like Skeletor was recruiting them, he was just telling them to get back to work.
    The original opening sequence referred to the Evil Warriors as the Evil Masters of the Universe. "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" is the first episode. In it, Skeletor assembles the Evil Masters from across the Universe to siege Castle Grayskull.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    In what order were the Evil Warriors recruited?
    Probably in the order based upon their NFL combine performance...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The original opening sequence referred to the Evil Warriors as the Evil Masters of the Universe. "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" is the first episode. In it, Skeletor assembles the Evil Masters from across the Universe to siege Castle Grayskull.
    I guess that's one way of looking at that episode -- that this was the first time Skeletor was bringing together these various established baddies to work together. It just always felt more to me like these guys had worked together before and were used to being summoned by Skeletor for missions.