Thread: Unused Elder Sketches?

Unused Elder Sketches?

I was looking through the sketch guide on the 3rd disk of the snake men season of the 200x series and i saw some sketches of 2 elders that never got used. One is like a warrioir who is covered up while the other could be the 9 pillar of the hall of wisdom, the mystery 3rd female elder. Any one know anything about these 2. Jukka, Megagearmax, Gbabok?
    unused elder.jpg
    unused elder1.jpg

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Many of the concept arts found on the DVD are sadly not named or given any descriptions. Some are early versions of what came to be later, and some different characters completely.

In this case not all concepts of characters set in preternian setting are Elders or "Unused Elders". So I feel your intial assumptions may not be correct this time.

The first sketch is of the Guards standing in front of the Castle. Though not sure of the second with female. There's some text underneath her that I can't fully read...

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I was looking through the sketch guide on the 3rd disk of the snake men season of the 200x series and i saw some sketches of 2 elders that never got used. One is like a warrioir who is covered up while the other could be the 9 pillar of the hall of wisdom, the mystery 3rd female elder. Any one know anything about these 2. Jukka, Megagearmax, Gbabok?
    myp_ep35_guards_in-preternia.png
    Last edited by Jukka; September 24, 2017 at 12:48pm.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Many of the concept arts found on the DVD are sadly not named or given any descriptions. Some are early versions of what came to be later, and some different characters completely.

In this case not all concepts of characters set in preternian setting are Elders or "Unused Elders". So I feel your intial assumptions may not be correct this time.

The first sketch is of the Guards standing in front of the Castle. Though not sure of the second with female. There's some text underneath her that I can't fully read...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1506269730

myp_ep35_guards_in-preternia.png
    Thanks Jukka, i figured someone knew, its just they were all grouped together inbetween other elders he might have been a elder, they got rid of. But this make sense. the lady though i feel like it says barbarian on the bottom. not sure as well the menu options are in the way. here dress kinda looks like seyrn that gbabok drew.
    12_seryn_bio_zpsddfdf7d3.jpg
    Last edited by facet; September 25, 2017 at 01:36pm.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    here dress kinda looks like seyrn that gbabok drew.
    12_seryn_bio_zpsddfdf7d3.jpg
    Yes. Gbagok most likely took inspiration from the concept artworks found on DVD Special Features to use in his own unofficial designs.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!