Thread: 80s MOTU keychain question

80s MOTU keychain question

Hi there y'all,

I have a vintage MOTU merchandise question that's been haunting... well, bugging me for nearly three decades. Nearly.

I vividly remember buying a MOTU keychain from some kid at a fancy fair/flea market at school in the mid to late 80's.
    If I remember correctly it was shaped like He-Man's shield. Maybe with crossed axes in front of it or some key art depicting He-Man himself...
    I'm sorry my description is pretty vague but it has been like thirty years. Well, almost.

Anyway, I was so thrilled I found the keychain before some other kid did that I kept it hidden in a firlmy clenched fist in my pocket. I thought that keychain was I wanted it to be that one keychain you keep using for the rest of your life.
    Surely enough, I lost it a few moments later.

As soon as I noticed it was no longer in my pocket I desperately started looking for it later but -since festive days at school were pretty much the only days we were allowed to play anywhere on the school grounds- me and my buddies had been jumping and rolling all over everywhere. So I never found it back.

Does anyone know what keychain I once (briefly) possessed? Maybe someone has one in his collection or has seen a picture. I recent years I've tried several times to find a picture of it on the internet but without luck.

Anyway, if anyone has some info about it I'd love to hear it. Maybe one day I'll be able to find one just like it...
    In the meantime I'll have to keep using my Batman keychain.

Heroic Warrior
    cool story , i have a few keychains but they are just small he man sculpt with a keychain , it kinda sounds like the "button ons " he man ? you can see a pic under collecting and merchandising pins / buttons. or maybe the he man pencil sharpener fit to a key ring ?

- - - Updated - - -

oh there is a keychain like you describe on feebay at the moment , somewhere in Europe ? 271605968724
    Last edited by ninjor 9; September 18, 2014 at 09:22pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    cool story , i have a few keychains but they are just small he man sculpt with a keychain , it kinda sounds like the "button ons " he man ? you can see a pic under collecting and merchandising pins / buttons. or maybe the he man pencil sharpener fit to a key ring ?

- - - Updated - - -

oh there is a keychain like you describe on feebay at the moment , somewhere in Europe ? 271605968724
    Thanks for the help Ninjor!
    The one they're currently selling on feebay does look a bit like the one I had. As I remember correctly the shield was grey though. It's definitely the right direction!