Thread: She-Ra music in He-Man episodes

She-Ra music in He-Man episodes

I've heard this is fairly standard in He-Man season 2. I am watching "A Trip to Morainia" (MU-086) right now, and the banjo-sounding version of the main She-Ra theme was playing.

Pretty cool.

Anybody else have any citations or interesting occurrences of seemingly out of place music?

Of course, it goes without saying that there was plenty of He-Man music in She-Ra, and not just the crossover episodes.

Many of the 1985 He-Man episodes includes She-Ra themes, "A Trip to Morainia" being just one of them. There's plenty in "Origin of the Sorceress", "Orko's Return" and "Visitors from Earth" as well as most of the rest.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

wouldn't that make it He-man music in She-ra? Since MotU came first.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    wouldn't that make it He-man music in She-ra? Since MotU came first.
    I have to agree, although I don't mind it being said that it is incidental music from She-Ra as it was more prominently used on that show.

I was watching the promblem with power or the secret of greyskull and it too had she-ra music in it.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

"The Time Wheel" is another MOTU episode with a She-Ra score.
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Yeah, I'd say that music is typically associated more with She-Ra simply because it was used in 93 episodes, as opposed to 20-30 of He-Man's.

It also marks a significant change to the musical scores - if He-Man is rock, She-Ra is most definitely hand-bag/disco.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Thing is, even though He-Man came first, I believe a lot of that music was being written and recorded for the She-Ra series. They just had it ready and on hand for season #2 of MotU and used it.

Could be totally wrong, but I think that's the deal.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Lion_Heart
    She-Ra music in He-Man episodes???

He-Man come before She-Ra?? She-Ra used He-Mans music. She liked his style of music lol

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Thing is, even though He-Man came first, I believe a lot of that music was being written and recorded for the She-Ra series. They just had it ready and on hand for season #2 of MotU and used it.

Could be totally wrong, but I think that's the deal.
    Actually, I think it was more than that. In at least some areas, like mine, the second half of what was officially the second season was actually presented as a third season to go along with the new She-Ra series. I think this was intentional, as She-Ra's music did make it into these episodes, and the "Origin of the Sorceress" showed both swords in Grayskull. I think those episodes were intended as a companion to She-Ra, giving an hour block of shows with new MOTU episodes to bolster the new toon.

(I've often wondered if this didn't happen basically everywhere, that season 2 was actually season 2 and 3. I never recall anyone saying they wondered why there were two power swords in "OOTS," which leads me to believe it was aired after "Secret of the Sword" all over).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

She-Ra music in He-Man?

Howdy

Not entirely sure where this should go.

Okay so I finished of the latest set of He-Man today and while watching The Time Wheel I noticed that there was music from She-Ra. Now I saw SOTS before I saw that episode, so to normal people they probably said while watching She-Ra "hey thats the music from He-Man" although it seems more suited to She-Ra.

So was this music written for the upcoming show or did they use the music for He-Man and then decide it sounded right for She-Ra?

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Interesting question, and I'd like to know the answer to it myself. Was the music written for He-Man first or was it written for She-Ra specifically and just used on He-Man?

The piece where this really sticks out to me is in "The Secret of Grayskull." In it, the Sorceress snaps some chains like twigs and you hear She-Ra music.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    You can also catch "She-Ra music" in Origin of the Sorceress (during the flashback scene). I always gets such a thrill when I hear it there, because I always wanted to see more interaction between the Sorceress and Adora / She-Ra!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    She-Ra was in production at the same time, that's why.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Chris here...

Yeah, "The Time Wheel" always stood out for me for the vast amounts of She-Ra incidental music that made it into that episode - that's just one of the reasons that "The Time Wheel" is my second-favourite He-Man episode (behind "Into the Abyss")!

Another He-Man episode with lots of She-Ra background music is "Battle of the Dragons" - I'd forgotten how much until I dug it out again last year!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2
    You can also catch "She-Ra music" in Origin of the Sorceress (during the flashback scene). I always gets such a thrill when I hear it there, because I always wanted to see more interaction between the Sorceress and Adora / She-Ra!
    Amen! I was mad when I learned they cut the scene where Adora thanks the Sorceress for "Giving her a destiny worth fulfilling" and they hug. I always wanted to see more interaction between them.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quite a few 2nd season episodes of MotU featured music that fans tend to think of as "She-Ra music", and of course She-Ra featured tons of music from the 1st and 2nd seasons of MotU. The two series are so intertwined to me that I, mostly, don't really think of most of the music in terms of being strictly for one or the other.

Incidentally, there's She-Ra music in "The Problem with Power" too.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Quite a few 2nd season episodes of MotU featured music that fans tend to think of as "She-Ra music", and of course She-Ra featured tons of music from the 1st and 2nd seasons of MotU. The two series are so intertwined to me that I, mostly, don't really think of most of the music in terms of being strictly for one or the other.

Incidentally, there's She-Ra music in "The Problem with Power" too.
    I have to agree with Lioncourt's thoughts on this. The shows were pretty intertwined. The only music that I personally would flat out consider to be 'He-man' music is the main theme song in which his name is spoken, repeatedly. And the same goes for She-ra and her theme song. The rest of it isn't meant to be specific to any one show, IMO.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior

By The Power Of Love

There is a clear distinction between The He Man and She ra music. Firstly, there was alot of synthetic bass on She ra, it was more emphasised than on He Man. Even though the music of each cartoon blends in very well with the other cartoon, it can't be said that they belong to the opposite cartoon. If you had a He Man cartoon without any He Man music or a She ra cartoon without any She ra music it wouldn't sound right. Putting She ra music in He Mans 2nd season was an excellent idea as it showed a distinction between both seasons and it helped to give continuity as it lead He Man into She ra. Having He Man music in She ra was a good idea as it was bringing the cartoon back to it's roots by showing where it came from or what spawned it. To say why a theme is specifically from He Man or She ra is hard unless I give an example of a particular theme used which means I'd have to post a sample of the theme used or tell everyone an episode that uses that theme and the scene that theme is used in. Which means everyone would have to get access to that episode to hear how it sounds.

I was watching "Trip to Morania" on the DVD the other day, and it felt strange to hear so much She-Ra music on He-Man's cartoon. I kept thinking "Where is she? When is she going to show up? Where's Hordak?"

And then, I'd feel a bit let down, as I remember... "Oh, wait... She-Ra never showed up in He-Man."

There's also a particular piece of He-Man music that I always associate with Skeletor. Whenever I hear it on She-Ra, I expect him to pop up, and can't help but be disappointed if he doesn't.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Heroic Warrior

Theme 69

There is a She ra theme in "Into the Abyss," when Teela find that wierd creature and calls him Pooki, and that same theme is in "Jacob and The Widgets," when the Widgets are at the beach with Adam and Teela, although it has a slight variation to it.
    In the documentries found on the dvd releases they have covered all aspects of making the cartoon and interviewed all the necessarry people but why haven't they interviewed the people involved with composing the music for He Man and She ra such as Shuki Levi and Haim Saban and whoever else was involved because that contributed to the success of the cartoons??

She-Ra theme in He-Man episodes

I was just watching season 2 episode 32 The Time Wheel and was rather surprised to hear the She-Ra theme being played as incidental music towards the end of the episode. She-Ra isn't in this one. Had production started on She-Ra by this point, or did Shuki Levy like the theme so much that he decided to use it for She-Ra?

Widget
    I think what happened was that She-Ra was utilizing He-Man's music instead of the other way around. All the music in the 2nd season of He-Man was used in She-Ra, and it's possible that they just decided that one of those season 2 themes would be an ideal fit for She-Ra's main theme.

I often wondered the same thing. From what I remember, season 2 of He-Man was airing on television a few years before She-Ra even started. So there's the proof that She-Ra was borrowing from season 2 of He-Man.

It's funny why so many of us have wondered the same thing even though the answer is right there!!

Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    From what I remember, season 2 of He-Man was airing on television a few years before She-Ra even started. So there's the proof that She-Ra was borrowing from season 2 of He-Man.
    He-Man 1983-85
    She-Ra 1985-86

He-Man was on season 2 as the work on She-Ra season 1 began.

Hence you can get He-Man season 2 a reference like Sword of Protection in "Origin of the Sorceress", since they were started on She-Ra's show.

James Eatock would know more about the music stuff, but there were some music bits in He-Man's season 2 that are more familiar as She-Ra tunes.

According to the commentary track from one of the episodes with some of the production team, they were well into the production of She-Ra during season 2 of He-Man, so it's most likely they just used the tunes in a few episodes of He-Man, because they could!