Thread: Good panther toy to use for Filmation Catra?

Good panther toy to use for Filmation Catra?

Howdy friends,

For years I've wanted to have an articulated Catra as Panther toy to include with my vintage POP collection. I doubt we'll get one from MOTUC, and if we did, it would probably be too large to fit the classic POP scale anyhow.

Have you ever seen an articulated (as in, moving legs) panther figure that you thought could be repainted and turned into a POP-styled Catra?

And no...I'm not suggesting Panthor, cause that toy is just too big. It need to look like it can take She-Ra down...not EAT her!

I did something similar (but not articulated cat) for Shower Power Catra, so maybe you can get some inspiration from this:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4489659&type=3

Okay, THAT is one cool cat!! I love seeing that kind of creativity here on the Org. You totally translated her look into feline form. Kudos!

I think I might have to browse dollar stores or something to find an articulated kitty that might work...how big is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Okay, THAT is one cool cat!! I love seeing that kind of creativity here on the Org. You totally translated her look into feline form. Kudos!

I think I might have to browse dollar stores or something to find an articulated kitty that might work...how big is yours?
    Thanks! This cat after I change her ears (made them bigger/higher) is 8 cm high and 14 cm long. But I am not sure that you can find cat that small but with articulations. I wasn't looking for articulations since it is vintage custom as none of the cats or horses from vintage line has them.

There is this GI Joe tiger he is a bit stylized but i think he must be big enough and he is articulated….

http://s6c.joebattlelines.com/toys/r...tormshadow.htm

Itīs from 2007 but you can still find him online as well
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    It's small, a little too small, but I used this for the longest time a Mcdonalds' Catwoman's cat from 1993 IIRC. It was in the Batman The Animated Series style. Not articulated, but the pose is peeeeerfect. (sorry I couldn't resist!)
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

The company that creates smurfs called Shleich has made some very good animal sculps including panthers . I have collected couple and the detail is amazing .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

I've never seen it in person, but Mattel's old Disney Tarzan line had a leopard I always thought might fit in with a little work. It even has a slashing action feature. Looks like there is a Gygor possibility too.

http://www.figurerealm.com/checklist...figures=tarzan

Lion King had a few (obviously) but they would need way more work. Aladdin's tiger also, but it only has head articulation.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

Oooooooh, Savage Slash Sabor looks promising indeed! Great suggestion...

Yeah... search on ebay - Schleich 14688 Black Panther Leopard Toy Wild Animal Figurine. Nice black panther that im sure could be customized.

- - - Updated - - -

Or!

Search Mojo Fun 387017 Black Panther Leopard - Model Toy Animal Wildlife Replica

Oh.. they aren't articulated.. still look cool! haha

That Sabor looks like it would be a great choice. Mantisaur, what a cool Shower Power Catra in cat version. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Magicat View Post
    That Sabor looks like it would be a great choice. Mantisaur, what a cool Shower Power Catra in cat version. Love it!
    Thanks Magicat!

Lady Angora has a great picture of a Princess Tenko cat two-thirds of the way down the page: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...CTION!!!/page5

If you google "Princess Tenko Ninjara" you'll see some great pictures of her in the package.

I have one of these (minus the headdress) that I use for my Shower Power Catra. It has a softer look than Battle Cat, which I think works well with the vintage line. They occasionally come up on eBay, and I've been contemplating getting another and doing some pink shading on her to make her even more like Catra. She isn't articulated, though she is a little smaller than Battle Cat.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    I have a few pictures of that Tenko panther, Ninjara, here: http://darah.com/collection/tenko/toyguide.asp

- LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora View Post
    I have a few pictures of that Tenko panther, Ninjara, here: http://darah.com/collection/tenko/toyguide.asp

Thank you so much! Those are fabulous pix!