Thread: Some thoughts on the marriage of Skeletor/Evil-Lyn

Soulmate of Skeletor ;) TheLadyLyn's Avatar

Some thoughts on the marriage of Skeletor/Evil-Lyn

I posted something similar in the Classics thread (it kinds relates to both), so sorry if you already read this- it's basically the same.

I got into He-man via the 200x series, and I always felt there was something between Skeletor/Evil-Lyn, which was confirmed by Evil-Lyn's classics bio. What I found interesting is that Lyn's classic bio states that she married Keldor/had a son, but it also says Lyn was 'cast aside by her husband after his transformation'.

It's not really clear what 'cast aside' means here... ...makes me wonder if the characters are still legally married (although estranged) in present day Eternia. To me, that idea adds a whole new angle to the events of 'the price of deceit' and 'history', and the 200x series as a whole. Any thoughts?

Interestingly, I checked our own official He-Man.org page. On Skeletor's character page, it has a 'relatives' section, where it lists Evil-Lyn as his wife (but specifies that this is in the 200x series). I'm probably the only person who finds this interesting, lol.
    Formerly known as Leopardlady

Loving and lampooning life in Snake Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLadyLyn View Post
    Interestingly, I checked our own official He-Man.org page. On Skeletor's character page, it has a 'relatives' section, where it lists Evil-Lyn as his wife (but specifies that this is in the 200x series). I'm probably the only person who finds this interesting, lol.
    The information is gathered with the help of fans who contribute, and this appears to be a mistake. Thanks for catching it!
    (on that note, I see in the text, for some reason it says Demo-Man was in 200x, which is another mistake)

Skeletor/Keldor was never married to Evil-Lyn in 200x. Nor have we ever heard there were plans of such.

In the cartoon they did have chemistry, as evident in episode "Price of Deceit". But MOTUC Bios do not "confirm" what happened
    in that show. Or add, as far as I see it.

MOTUC Bios are their own canon. Using materials from multiple sources. So they are trying to
    make their own story. Not "fill-in" anything to previous canons. There are too many inconsistencies to prove that.

From what I've seen; Only in MOTUC, have they been married and conceived a child. (please someone correct me, if I remember this wrong)

Soulmate of Skeletor ;) TheLadyLyn's Avatar
    Jukka, I found your reply really interesting. I didn't realise the encyclopaedia pages on here were fan-compiled, I thought they were official- hence some of my confusion with that apparent classics/200x marriage crossover.

I guess as well, I'm the kind of person who finds it really hard to ignore anything 'official', even if it's in a different He-Man canon. I have to try and mesh it all together.

I think that was one of the criticisms occasionally levelled at the Classics series- that they tried to blend too many elements of the various series' together, which made the storyline a bit 'messy' at times. For example, I'm not sure if this was 'official' or not, but I remember there being one idea floating around that Skeletor somehow got out from behind the mystic wall for a short time, so he could kidnap Adora, which just didn't make any sense to me.

I guess the best thing about the various canons is that people can take elements they want for their 'own canons'. I find the fact that the majority of fans have their own canons really varied and fascinating, as everyone views the characters so differently. It's one of my favourite things about the MOTU community/universe
    Formerly known as Leopardlady

Loving and lampooning life in Snake Mountain.

Its sort of a kiddies cartoon rule that any love , kissing or marriage < if any were allowed > , would be exclusive a good guy thing .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold