Thread: Motu movie orignal character concepts?

Motu movie orignal character concepts?

Got watching MOTU the movie after a long while and got thinking about how on earth the new villains were created and it occurred to me they might have originally been modelled on the pre-existing characters (and some of the pre-existing characters on others). Just some ideas.

Gwildor= Orko (already established).
    Blade= Triklops. (swords and the eye thing)
    Beast man= Grizzlor (He looks more like Grizzlor to me. And see below)
    Saurod= Kobra Khan (reptiles, both carry a laser pistol, both intended to spit an attack)
    Skeletor= Hordak (Skeletor's personality in the movie seems more like Hordak then Skeletor. And he has horde troopers as well!)
    How do you like that, hero!

Well in that case then Karg is the stand in for Trap Jaw .

I too think that Beastman looked much like Grizzlor thats a good thing. Ol Grizzly is a far more realistic beastman clone . Imagine trying to translate bright orange fur , exotic armour and a wolf/ape face into live action .

Personally i feel they could have done a better job for the characters . The toys are just over muscled human torso,s with a strange monster faces . Beastman might be an exception but they could have made Tri Klops , Trap Jaw and Kobra Khan rather easy . Even Orko should have been nothing . Orko is a very basic design and no mouth to worry about . Ten years before we had a believable yet more complex on screen puppet called Yoda .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold

Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    Well in that case then Karg is the stand in for Trap Jaw .

I too think that Beastman looked much like Grizzlor thats a good thing. Ol Grizzly is a far more realistic beastman clone . Imagine trying to translate bright orange fur , exotic armour and a wolf/ape face into live action .

Personally i feel they could have done a better job for the characters . The toys are just over muscled human torso,s with a strange monster faces . Beastman might be an exception but they could have made Tri Klops , Trap Jaw and Kobra Khan rather easy . Even Orko should have been nothing . Orko is a very basic design and no mouth to worry about . Ten years before we had a believable yet more complex on screen puppet called Yoda .
    I'm not sure about Karg. He appears to be a completely original concept (bat creature/thing) Perhaps he's based on some POP character?

According to http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Saurod, there is a Saurod/ Kobra Khan connection in the Marvel (star) mini comics.

Who know's about orko. They could've moved him around like Slimer. "Arrgh he orkoed me!"
    How do you like that, hero!