Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who was stronger She-Ra or He-man?

Lion_Heart
    Is this a trick question???? He-Man by a mile!!!

Remebering people the question was "WHO IS STRONGER"??
    Not who is smarter, faster, who would win in a fight!
    Last edited by Lion_Heart; June 20, 2005 at 08:58am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_Heart
    Is this a trick question???? He-Man by a mile!!!

Remebering people the question was "WHO IS STRONGER"??
    Not who is smarter, faster, who would win in a fight!
    Not sure, i think equal power for both

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
    If She-Ra kicked He-Man between the legs...!

what if it was the other way around? ..

Lion_Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER
    Not sure, i think equal power for both
    What does He-Man say when He tranforms ( I have the power )
    He-Man transforms to the strongest man in the universe!!!
    The main introduction!!

He-Man is definately stronger.
    I can't believe this is even questioned...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

What does He-Man say when He tranforms ( I have the power )
    He-Man transforms to the strongest man in the universe!!!
    The main introduction!!
    Yep and Se-Ra is the most powerful woman in the universe

Lion_Heart
    Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER
    Yep and Se-Ra is the most powerful woman in the universe

Yes I agree to an extent that She-Ra is up their among the strongest “WOMAN” in Classic She-Ra but does She-Ra have a frame like He-Man meaning does she have bigger biceps shoulders or chest.

I dont think we'd want a She-ra with a frame like he-man's! some of those overly muscular women look kinda scary Anyway I'd say they both recieve equal power.

Lion_Heart
    Lets say both transformed into He-Man and She-Ra then we take both their swords away!!! They decide to have a "fight" who is stronger do you reaken????

Heroic Warrior
    Take away their swords and they fight, He-Man wins

Who can lift the most (above the head, bench pressing, whatever), He-Man by a country mile. He's the strongest by far, and way cooler!
    He-man is the biggest (watch him pump up his massive biceps) and the strongest - no one can beat him. Remember that!

aaronrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida
    Hi all! My first time posting so here goes.

He-man is physically stronger but She-ra has alot more tricks. Its kinda like comparing Batman to Superman...yes Superman is stronger but Batman is sneakier and smarter!

Not to say that He-Man is stupid but Adora did have all that military training...

I think they compliment each other perfectly

haha, that analogy isn't even close! superman is about 100,000 times stronger than batman

Lion_Heart
    what makes you think that batman is smarter than superman???

what makes you think that batman is smarter than superman???

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Normally, I would say He-Man was stronger. However I recently watched the She-Ra episode “Enemy With My Face” again and noticed that Hordak states that “No-one is as strong as She-Ra”!

I assumed Hordak is aware of He-Man and his abilities having faced him in the comics or through keeping tabs on his arch-rival Skeletor so the statement appeared odd.

Then it occurred to me that there might be an explanation and it could be part of Filmation’s hidden canon which we haven’t seen yet. He-Man and She-Ra’s powers are derived from the power within them and is based on willpower as indicated on the She-Ra MOTUC action figure info panel card and recently in DC's He-Man & MOTU comic. Consequently, She-Ra who has done bad things as Adora/Despara in the Horde has a greater motivation and willpower to do good as she is in need of redemption and wishes to correct all of the wrongs she has done. She therefore exhibits more of the Power of Grayskull than He-Man, leading to her being stronger and more powerful. Hence, the reason why Hordak recognizes her preeminence in strength and not He-Man's.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    If you can make it about blood magic and rock magic, then it will never be about who is stronger.

Its magic that is totally undefined that is the problem, like Harry Potter, or the Bible.

Blood magic is learned and respected. Rock magic is taken and used.

He-Man is stronger physically. In the episode Horde Prime Takes A Holiday, She-ra asked He-Man "can even you throw that far" and she monologued about He-Man's attempts to keep the Velvet Glove from escaping. Thus implying that He-Man has more physical strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    He-Man is stronger physically. In the episode Horde Prime Takes A Holiday, She-ra asked He-Man "can even you throw that far" and she monologued about He-Man's attempts to keep the Velvet Glove from escaping. Thus implying that He-Man has more physical strength.
    I don’t believe this proves He-Man is stronger. All it shows is that She-Ra appears to believe He-Man is stronger.

It might be the case that She-Ra is being polite to her brother so as not to upset his feelings (my sister does this to me all the time), she is following cultural norms assuming men are generally stronger than women without testing her strength against him to prove it one way or the other, or is truly unaware that her upper strength limits maybe dependent upon her willpower (and might give her greater strength than He-Man). I guess we might not know for certain until it is clearly stated in MOTUC canon.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Technically we don't even know if She-ra is the strongest woman in the universe, but...
    How do you like that, hero!

Heroic Warrior
    He-man is stronger.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Heroic Warrior
    I hate to admit it but the Filmation series made it seem like She-ra might be physically stronger.

She-ra lifts things effortlessly, like with one hand and eating a sandwich with the other. He-man seems to always have a hard time, straining himself, crying out "Eeeeeeeeh, eeeeeeh,...." as he lifts, pushes, and pulls things up.

Also, she rescuses him in the "The Price of Freedom" and has to help He-man push the time machine in "Lookie lends a hand". He-man couldn't move it by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    Also, she rescuses him in the "The Price of Freedom" and has to help He-man push the time machine in "Lookie lends a hand". He-man couldn't move it by himself.
    Neither could She-Ra.

He-Man lifted a virtual mountain and physically moved the moon itself. Those two tasks I believe put him at a stronger physical point than She-Ra.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

He-man is from the 80s, and in the 80s it was all about empowering little girls. If I learned one thing being a little boy in the 80s, it was that girls are smarter, faster, stronger, and just all around better than boys. So She-Ra has got to be stronger. She is also more compassionate and throws He-Man a bone and compliments his strength once and awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Fury View Post
    He-man is from the 80s, and in the 80s it was all about empowering little girls. If I learned one thing being a little boy in the 80s, it was that girls are smarter, faster, stronger, and just all around better than boys. So She-Ra has got to be stronger. She is also more compassionate and throws He-Man a bone and compliments his strength once and awhile.
    Yeah, every time my cousin (who was a little girl in the 80's) told me "anything boys can do, girls can do better" I challenged her to write her name in the snow.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    He-Man lifted a virtual mountain and physically moved the moon itself. Those two tasks I believe put him at a stronger physical point than She-Ra.
    She-Ra has a comparable strength feat in that she kicked a moon out of orbit in “Swifty’s Baby”. Hence without knowing the gravitational forces holding each of the moons in place I don’t believe strength feats from the cartoons demonstrate who is stronger.
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    He-man looked weak and pathetic against the Horde in "The Price of Freedom". She-ra would have made quick work of the Horde army. She even had to save He-man's sorry ass in that episode. That's why She-ra might even surpass He-man in physical strength in the Filmation canon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app