Thread: angella's husband/glimmer's dad

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar

angella's husband/glimmer's dad

heya, so, um, what was his name? micah or something? anyway, what was his story? why was he gone? i remember there being an episode where he shows up, but then he doesn't stay... why? was he human? or did he have powers like glimmer?

any and all answers to my questions are most appreciated... oh, and does anyone have a picture of him, or some fan art/customs of him?

thanks all!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

yes micah is glimmers dad, he appeared in one episode he didnt show any magic or special powers, hes human and he was on horde world for season 1 and most of season 2.
    he never shows up again in the series but when he left he said he was goin to be over etheria to help cause he knows what evil they are dealing with
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Oh man, this episode has one of my favorite Queen Angella scenes ever! - The battle between Hunga and Angella.

I love the part where She-Ra wants to go after Hunga, but Angella tells her "No She-Ra, this is MY fight!" and then flies off to kick some Harpie booty.

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    I'd love to see the episode with Micah, alas, I have a while before I will have my She-ra set...

However, it was my understanding that many believed that the Red Knight was Micah in disguise. I think I believe this to be true, so technically he appeared in two eps...

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmurf76
    I'd love to see the episode with Micah, alas, I have a while before I will have my She-ra set...

However, it was my understanding that many believed that the Red Knight was Micah in disguise. I think I believe this to be true, so technically he appeared in two eps...
    i think it may have been some one else cause remember that was a first season ep and he was on horde world a really long time. i think it may have been another relative or someone else angella knew.
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar
    I've never seen 'Micah of Bright Moon'. Was he the king, or just Angella's Prince Consort? I always thought the Red Knight was Angella's husband, too. It would have been cool to see who he really was.
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

(Joseph Campbell)

The Red Knight definitely implied that Angella knew him from somewhere - but I don't think it's Micah. You'd know your husband's voice, right?

As for Micah of Bright Moon - it's a good episode, quite action-packed and nice to see the Bright Moon family/Hunga link re-surface.

On leaving, Micah states that he plans to return to Horde World, as many are enslaved there, if my memory serves me correctly. It would have been great to see him reappear in season two, but alas, the one appearance was the first and last time we ever heard of him.

He seems to be totally mortal - you could argue that this is why Glimmer didn't inherit Angella's wings, only a similar version of her powers.

And now for my party-trick...the link to Micah of Bright Moon's page on my site!

http://www.geocities.com/ultimateshe...son1/ep46.html

Hope that helps, LadyA.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Could it be that The Red Knight is Bow's Father? Perhaps Angella knew him.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia

And now for my party-trick...the link to Micah of Bright Moon's page on my site!

http://www.geocities.com/ultimateshe...son1/ep46.html

Hope that helps, LadyA.
    unfortunately, all the pictures are coming up x's for me... i'd love to see it!

as for the red knight, i always thought that maybe it was general sunder... his voice sounded a lot like that, but it's prolly just the same voice actor. anyway, i thought the red knight was pretty cool, myself! i'd have liked to see more of him.
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngora
    unfortunately, all the pictures are coming up x's for me... i'd love to see it!

as for the red knight, i always thought that maybe it was general sunder... his voice sounded a lot like that, but it's prolly just the same voice actor. anyway, i thought the red knight was pretty cool, myself! i'd have liked to see more of him.
    Keep trying the site...that's the problem with Geocities - if too many people visit at the same time (or view too many pages), it goes dead for a couple of hours.

I don't remember any other pics on the net...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    I always thought along the lines of it being Angella's long lost brother or something. It definately wasn't King Micah though.

Not possible that The Red KNight is Bow's father, The Red Knight was a capable warrior, Bow was a clutz

Scholar of Fantasy The Overlord's Avatar
    Could it be that The Red Knight is Bow's Father?
    If he is, he's sadistic, considering how gleefully he thrashed Bow on that assault course! The look on Bow's face is priceless when the Red Knight says, "What climb?" and vaults over the wall using his lance!
    "The privilege of a lifetime is just being who you are."

(Joseph Campbell)

PrincessofEternia
    All I remember about the Glimmer's Dad episode is the very beginning which happens to be my favorite Glimmer moment ever! Glimmer dancing around with a flower then almost falling to her doom off a cliff! Atleast, I'm pretty sure that was the same episode... but either way that was a funny little bit.

Court Magician
    The Red Knight couldn't be Micah as Micah was a prisoner on Horde World

CRIMINAL however that they didn't revisit either Micah or The Knight's arcs again in the series
    Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal BOOB!

I always thought Micah should have appeared on more than one episode, I'm sure is the story writers wanted to they could have devised ways for him to appear more than once. Perhaps if the series hadn't ended when it did he may have done.

51.JPG52.JPG67.JPG148.JPG

The last scene here always irritated me...why was Micah the only one wearing a royal crown? Didn't Angella deserve one too?
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Hard to say why main characters that are royalty other than Randor and Marlena don't even have more regal designs when it calls for it. Just the one-off monarchs that have their own domains in both Eternia and Etheria. Micah is supposed to be an important character and yet he was treated like a typical one-off character as he was never seen again after that particular episode.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    The last scene here always irritated me...why was Micah the only one wearing a royal crown? Didn't Angella deserve one too?
    Perhpas it is a weird thing since Angella has wings maybe she was called the queen but not allowed to bear a crown because of her race. Sort of kin to how Keldor was thought of because of his race. Could be that females didn't wear crowns on Etheria......Maybe I am reading way to much into it because the real answer is probably that Filmation already had the animation going and didn't add a crown just to save work/cost.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    In my work.. Angella is CastaSpella's mother.

(its a way of showing long-term use of magic, to better define magic)