Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MOTU novels?

I've been collecting the DC Comics Icons Series novels and they are awesome, I would love MOTU/POP/NA Of He-Man novels!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    I don't believe it is fair to compare comic book sales to novels: they are totally different demographics. A random fantasy/sci book in Barnes & Noble probably has sold many more copies in its shelf-life over the years than a random issue of a 2018 DC monthly.

I also don't believe it's fair to say people don't read books anymore. It's all about marketing. Why hasn't everyone in this thread read at least the first book in MOTU: The Bloodline Trilogy? Probably because of the fan-fiction stigma and being unauthorized by The Powers That Be. It could never be on Amazon.

As suggested in this great thread, I believe there is a market for MOTU/She-Ra novels/fiction, either Young Adult or for older readers.

I totally agree, I love novels, comics/graphic novels, and fan-fiction, I believe there is a market for all this great literature, which it is. I've studied Fiction For Young Readers and Writing For Children at university, which totally backs up what you've been saying, Yin Chan Vo. I haven't read the work you've mentioned only because I didn't know it existed.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Widget
    I do wish we had a little bit more in between the time of Oo-lar.(that’s how good I think the writing is). Otherwise, I love the way some of the descriptions were used. I am glad there’s no Orko as well. I am a quarter through the first book and I’m enjoying the half power sword in your cannon as a mini comic fan.
    Thanks to Arthur.
    Last edited by Baba1983; November 27, 2018 at 03:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    MOTU: The Bloodline Trilogy
    The what? Okay, I'm reading it immediately. I've never heard of this before, but I'm sold.

Er, on a related note, I've been reading Ages of Aenya by Nick Alimonos, which is definitely very distinct from MOTU, but I can see pretty clearly that there's inspiration. The hero, Batal, is a barbarian foretold in legend to fight against an army of Innsmouth-esque fish-people to save a corrupt and evil kingdom. Er, I expect there will be many more twists and turns before the end which render that description entirely irrelevant. Anyway, it's quite good so far, and I'm kind of reading it in lieu of a He-Man novel, since I got the MOTU bug back from watching Netflix's She-Ra.

If Mattel ever decided to do a He-Man line of novels akin to say, a slightly more kid-friendly version of the Warhammer 40,000 novels, I'd definitely be game.