Thread: What "different" customs are you currently working on?

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar

What "different" customs are you currently working on?

I'm not talking just different characters from the comic or cartoon. or updates of the old characters, I'm talking about stuff that's a bit out there. Everyone knows about my little obsession with rescue Heroes style figures, and that I've made Battle Cat, Orko, and Snout Spout. I'm also working on He-Man in Rescue Heroes style. I've also made an Orko in the style of Fisher Price Little People. Currently, other than my RH He-Man, the "different" custom I'm working on is a He-Man classic 80's Cabbage Patch Kid. Not a classic He-Man, it's an original 80's Kid. I'm also thinking of taking a couple of the 80's Cabbage patch Koosas (basically Cabbage patch Kids that resembled animals, mainly sold for boys who were embarrassed to be carrying "dollies") and making one into a Battle Cat/Cringer, and another into a Loo-Kee doll.

ZvedaFire had a graet idea with the Alternate Realities Fan Art thread. Is anyone attempting custom figures of famous people as they would appear on Eternia?

These ideas seem to me to all be "different." Does anyone else have anything even more out there going on in their customs toolbox?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I started sculpting some MOTU minis to kind of finish up the mini line with the rest of the characters. I started with Count Marzo first. Other than that, I also started on a 1:1 scale Fisto fist, with future plans to make Ram Man's helmet, Mekaneck's helmet,and maybe some other things.
    MUNDO!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I've started on a project that's going to take a long time but will be fun and worth it.

"He-Frog and the Muppets of the Universe"

Muppet figures done up as Masters of the universe characters.

It's mostly in the planning stages right now as I'm having a hard time gathering base figures.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Probably the wierdest thing I'm working (and he's admittedly not THAT wierd) is an update of Comic Cat. Based on the Assault on the Hive episode, I'm making him as a mount for my NA He-Man custom. Base is a ZOIDS Zaber Fang, making him posable, and transformable (into a meteor )

Not THAT out there, but not too many ZOIDS/MOTU kitbashes pop up ;-)
    D/L

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus
    Not THAT out there, but not too many ZOIDS/MOTU kitbashes pop up ;-)
    D/L
    I think my Battle Zaber is the only one I've seen...

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Well, I did a Lego Castle Greyskull last sunday. I love how it came out (I had to fudge some colors- but I am very happy with the design). I also did some characters with the minifigs I had available (I especially like Hordak).

Aside from that, I recently finished a Havok (from X-Men) custom with a 200X He-Man.

I don't know what I'll do next. I'm always open to ideas.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper
    I think my Battle Zaber is the only one I've seen...

HA! Yeah, I forgot about him! I enjoyed your groupshots you posted at some point of your BC collection, Zaber being one of the treats for me (I love ZOIDS) I was also glad to see DeathLiger in there, as I'm working on turning him into a mount for my Felinor custom (Mind you my roomate has designed a different mount for him that she's been using in her comics..)

D/L

Sounds like some cool stuff in the works!

Love that Zoids Mecha Battle Cat!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad
    Well, I did a Lego Castle Greyskull last sunday. I love how it came out (I had to fudge some colors- but I am very happy with the design). I also did some characters with the minifigs I had available (I especially like Hordak).
    I would LOVE to see this, especially since I've considered making my own! HURRY UP AND POST EM!!!!

i'm currentley working on the surrounds for castle greyskull, the bridge, the cental part and steps inside greyskull and the sorceress skull throne.

I'm working on some Figures:

1. still the Keldor (hope i can finish him this month)
    2. still under construction
    3. still under construction

There are some Artworks I'm working on. New Cards, 2 packs, 3 Packs only searching a printershop where i can print it out.
    But they are still under constuction

Heroic Warrior
    Hi.... uhm, I'm new here

I am about 2 hours worth of work away from finishing She-Ra as a custom My Little Pony - yeah, I know, sounds weird. I wanted to combine two of my favourite toy lines from the 80's. I've also turned a baby pony into kowl, but he is about 8 hours away from completion I think.

I am going to finish She-Ra once I finish perusing the boards here this morning, save for anything going wrong (knock on wood)

oh and I'm new to this customizing jazz, so don't expect a masterpiece

Cynthia