Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NA Teela

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar

NA Teela

This was a hard one to approach. NA Teela differed so much from the MOTU Teela that I had to find a theme to explain the drastic changes. So I've created an older more mature Teela following closely in her mother's footsteps. I hope you all like it.

Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Very Nice Indeed

Nice expression on her face...might look a bit more Teela-like colored in, but right now, it's a nice subtle combination of styles that you got going on between Teela and Sorceress.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Tri-Chick
    Very nice. I like what you've done with her hair and headdress. She looks elegant, yet warriorlike. Very beautiful.

I'm so happy that the character I gave my "vote" to made it to be the next one!

Teela looks absolutely gorgeous....it's only a shame the NA made her hair blond.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Pretty cool. But I would have wanted you to do the original NA-Teela in mad-Brak-0 Vision. I'll take it that she's either aware now, a few years from the Motu-story, that her mother is Sorceress? Or has she perhaps become Sorceress?

Cool that you kept the tiara/helmet.

Sweet! *rightclicksave*
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Battle_Brak, you're making the NA cool for me! I never had much use for the NA interpretation of Teela, but wow, you've done exactly what needed to be done to make it work! Excellent job!

Wait, there was an NA Teela? I thought that only He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress carried over into the NA series
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook
    Wait, there was an NA Teela? I thought that only He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress carried over into the NA series
    She appeared in one episode "Once Upon a Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    She appeared in one episode "Once Upon a Time"

Wow, I like her alot more then the regular Teela She puts me in mind of the original blonde Teela in the minicomics
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

She puts me in mind of the original blonde Teela in the minicomics
    Funnily enough... I always coloured her hair red with prisma-colours.

Somebody's sure on a winning streak with these NA pics, and they ALL look outstanding, including this one! Kudos to you, Battle_Brak!

I would definitely love to see an NA Sorceress next, if you have the time or desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak
    This was a hard one to approach. NA Teela differed so much from the MOTU Teela that I had to find a theme to explain the drastic changes. So I've created an older more mature Teela following closely in her mother's footsteps. I hope you all like it.

Very nice! I really like the psoe and the foreshortening.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oooh great design!!! This is the first time I hear about NA Teela, I had no idea she made an apperance! Sooo cool to hear! I can't wait to get BCI NA He-Man DVDs soon!!

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I love your art, BB, but I feel this Teela design is too Low-tech for NA..

Dr. Ω

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    I love your art, BB, but I feel this Teela design is too Low-tech for NA..

Dr. Ω
    I think it's ok cause he based her on the Sorceress from NA and she didn't have too much tech on her either.

This is a great picture! Your line work always looks so professional, do you ink with brushes? Looks like it. Anyway, I think the only thing I like more than the design is the pose! You really captured the spirit of TEELA.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Wow, I like her alot more then the regular Teela She puts me in mind of the original blonde Teela in the minicomics

wow.. it's barbie teela...

wonder if mattel with it's barbie superhero's line will attempt a teela, a sorceress or a she-ra down the line...

Awesome pic. I like how the body armour reminds me of the Sorceress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Coloring?

What color scheme do you envision her adopting? NA Teela, 'Goddess' Teela, Filmation Teela or some unique combination?
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

I loved your design, so I threw some colors on it. Hope you don't mind, and I hope you like it.

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn
    I loved your design, so I threw some colors on it. Hope you don't mind, and I hope you like it.
    You can get rid of those gray-pixels around the lines, if you don't colour on the same level as the lineart is. You should first modify the lineart to be "multiply"-mode, then create a new layer underneath it, and colour onto that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    You can get rid of those gray-pixels around the lines, if you don't colour on the same level as the lineart is. You should first modify the lineart to be "multiply"-mode, then create a new layer underneath it, and colour onto that.
    How? I did color it on separate layers. When I colored this I used the SELECT-COLOR RANGE, then COPY and PASTE to make the line art a separate layer, but I had to set the COLOR RANGE tolerance so high that it picked up the gray bits too (any lower and it left huge gaps in the lines).

I tried to do what you said; I went to IMAGE-MODE-MULTICHANNEL, but I can't add layers to color under it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Photoshop Help
    Note: When deleting a channel from a file with layers, visible layers are flattened and hidden layers are discarded. This is done because removing a color channel converts the image to Multichannel mode, which does not support layers.
    If you can help, please PM me (we've already hijacked this thread enough, sorry!), Thanks.

No no no. Like Jukka said, all you really need is 2 layers (I use 3+) One for the Lineart (set to multiply) and one for colour (set to 'normal' underneath the lineart layer) I do flats on that then copy the layer to do rendering.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

A big fan of Slush Head
    I want to learn how to color lineart. Who can help me?