Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Map of Eternia ~ detailed version within

Map of Eternia ~ detailed version within

With everything I have on the go, I needed a break from the business to do something that I've always wanted to do - a detailed topographic map of Eternia that combines the new and old mythos. I've included a great number of familiar locations but left out some of the smaller and more obscure places (even though they exist, I didn't feel they all warranted a mention.) The map really is quite extensive though as I virtually went through every classic and new cartoon episode to create this.

The map is a whopping 17"x11" and is really, really cool looking in print and framed.

If you're interested in buying one... please go HERE

For a more detailed view of the map, please follow the below link...
    Last edited by Sllohcin; August 1, 2005 at 01:48pm.
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

AWESOME!
    That's cool man!
    I need to download all those sections and put it together!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I've always wanted to see something like this but I never had the resources to do it. Awesome job!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

As long as the price is resonable you can count me in, 100%! Sounds great to me!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thanks everybody.

Also, if you have any feedback or concerns after looking at the detailed version, please post it in this thread as I want the map to be perfect before it goes into plaque production.

Keep in mind that I left out a lot of the smaller places but if there is a blatant error, please let me know.

My DeviantART

Pm me with shipping cost, at your convenience.
    I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick some @$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

http://muddyworks.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    Keep in mind that I left out a lot of the smaller places but if there is a blatant error, please let me know.
    Now that I think about it, I think you MIGHT have Grayskull and Eternos switched?
    I always thought Grayskull was between Eternos and Snake mountain, starting with Eternos in the West and going east to SM?

I could be wrong though, maybe check the 1 encyclopedia issue we've got?
    I'll do the same, as I'm not sure I'm right in thinking this.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

I wasn't able to get the Encyclopedia... I didn't realize that they had a map in there. Anybody feel like sending me a scan? Doesn't have to be good quality as I just want to reference it because I simply want my map to be correct before it goes into print.

My DeviantART

Well, on http://www.mastersoftheuniverse.de there is Mattel Germany's map of Eternia (click on Planet Eternia and then the blinking button on Man-At-Arms' wrist). On that map Grayskull seems a bit more to the east (but the proportions there seem so be different anyway).

But... I really like your map. It's beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian
    Well, on http://www.mastersoftheuniverse.de there is Mattel Germany's map of Eternia (click on Planet Eternia and then the blinking button on Man-At-Arms' wrist). On that map Grayskull seems a bit more to the east (but the proportions there seem so be different anyway).
    That's cool, but who's the source? Is that official?
    I'd go with the encyclopedia. I'd say that's as official as you can get.
    Unless Mattel produced one or the toon, but I didn't see anything from either.

Ric, if I get home tonight, and you don't have one yet, I'll get it for ya.

It looks cool at first glance.
    I'm not sure how accurate it is, but still looks nice.

We always planned to do a map, but I imagine it will be for the clasic canon.
    The new never got far enough into it to really have a lot of info about places.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    That's cool, but who's the source? Is that official?
    I'd go with the encyclopedia. I'd say that's as official as you can get.
    Unless Mattel produced one or the toon, but I didn't see anything from either.
    I don't know how official it is or if they made it up, but it is Mattel's official site for Germany. Maybe some other German fans can clarify where Mattel Germany got it from.

Baena - Cool... and I'm home. An e-mail is on its way.

JVS3 - I hear ya. I did the best I could using the 'toons (both classic and new) as my reference. I did not refer to the mini-comics. I guess this is the reason I'm asking for any blatant mistakes. Also, since this map is a blending of the two continuities, I'm just trying to make it as official and accurate as I can

My DeviantART

The Encyclopedia one in the comic is the official map.
    I also don't think it's any different from the German one.

Your map is still really cool bro.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm a moron, like you all already know.
    Grayskull and Eternos are in fact in their correct positioning on your map Ric.

Thing I don't get now is, that 10 mile distance there in the legend worries me.
    That makes Eternia a very, very small planet.
    Something I don't envision at all for Eternia. But I'm sure there isn't any documentation on the actual size of the planet.

Here's the geek in me comin' out...

According to your legend, you have 40 miles mapped out there? Or is that total distance 10 miles?
    I'm guessing you mean 40 there, so with that and if that is the distance of the equator of Eternia, you have about 1000 miles there. If it is indeed only 10 miles, than Eternia has not even 250 miles in it's circumference. That's also assuming your map "wraps", that the right edge of the map is also the left edge?

Earths circumference is almost 25,000 miles at the equator.

No?
    Last edited by Baena; March 29, 2005 at 08:50pm.

Good catch. I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not though. Looking at many maps of Eternia, I've found that everything looks really close and I couldn't warrant a lot of the distances being greater than 10 or 20 miles away. The other thing that strikes me as funny is that He-Man and Battle Cat are able to travel the whole of the planet in a day (Seperartion.) I also didn't show the Ocean of Gnarl in its entirety.

I know, I know... that still only makes it a bit bigger than Australia...

My DeviantART

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    Good catch. I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not though. Looking at many maps of Eternia, I've found that everything looks really close and I couldn't warrant a lot of the distances being greater than 10 or 20 miles away. The other thing that strikes me as funny is that He-Man and Battle Cat are able to travel the whole of the planet in a day (Seperartion.) I also didn't show the Ocean of Gnarl in its entirety.

I know, I know... that still only makes it a bit bigger than Australia...
    Yeah, I know, I don't know how Battlecat runs so far so fast, or how they can just fly on sky sleds to Snake Mountain and back in a day.

I dun geddit either.

There have been threads on this in the past. Maybe we're to assume the main land masses we always see here are just a continent maybe the size of Austrailia?

Nonetheless, don't feel I'm trying to pick your map apart, I love it and have saved the big version tiled together, it's very cool!
    I thank you fine sir, for all the work that clearly went into this great map!

I don't I've made a few changes to the final piece as well. Looks a little better.

My DeviantART

Very Nice, Sllohcin!

It looks really good. I'm gona' be looking at this a lot!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

A big fan of Slush Head
    It looks awesome Sllohcin, great work!!

Fantastic job with the map Sllohcin.The details are great.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Wow! This is amazing map, best version I have seen. Wonderful job. Exspesially I like existence of Spikors Forge.

Maybe Eternia is really small Planet (and thats why they have so weak gravity) or maybe Oceon of Gnarl is really big so Grayskull and Snake Mountain are not opposite polars of the Planet.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3

We always planned to do a map, but I imagine it will be for the classic canon.
    The new never got far enough into it to really have a lot of info about places.
    I dont see why you couldn't combine the two. It would be like adding the new canon areas to an already existing map of Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    It looks cool at first glance.
    I'm not sure how accurate it is, but still looks nice.
    Is there really an accurate enough map in existance to get reference from...?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    This map is awesome indeed! Great job here Sllohcin! Just as a matter of interest, what changes did you make?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!