Thread: Hordak & Imp

Heroic Warrior

Hordak & Imp

We all know that Imp was Hordak's "pet". In one episode he says that Imp is the only person he trusts. Why the deuce is Hordak so attached to the little bugger? He also countered one of his men, saying, "You dare to threaten Imp in my presence?!" Why does he love the little ugly devil so much?

who knows but like u said hes the only one hordak trusts to leave important missions for, dont ask me i think imp at times is really annoyin but i do also think that hes there to combat kowl from the rebels
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    I picture Imp as someone who is much more wise and clever than he lets on. I think Hordak is the only person who knows the truth about Imp. Imp may have been around when Hordak was first experimenting with his magic and such.
    Last edited by DreamTripper; February 26, 2006 at 01:56pm.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

A big fan of Slush Head
    Maybe Imp is Hordak's mini me

I also like how Imp begs Hordak to let him press the button as Mantenna goes for a swim And then they both laugh.

But yes Hordak does seem to be concerend about Imp, as I remember there was a ep where Hordak showed concern for Imp's safety, the others he couldn't care less lol

Or maybe Imp is Hordak's son?

Just a silly suggestion... but, weirder things have happened.

Support Bili the Droid
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline

Imp is here!

i think they kinda missed the boat on going for a younger customer base by not making plush characters of the mascots... i.e. imp... kowlie whatever that things with ears was... and orko... they could have had a care bear type plush doll...

did i mention the first plushie i bought my son was a care bear?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sikkbones
    i think they kinda missed the boat on going for a younger customer base by not making plush characters of the mascots... i.e. imp... kowlie whatever that things with ears was... and orko... they could have had a care bear type plush doll...

I would have liked to buy my baby daughter a plush Orko, with design based off the old Filmation series version Orko. That Orko was a bit more compacted, more chubby (for her big squishy hugs), and was more useful. She wouldn't like Imp, he's just too scary for her tastes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by thor
    I also like how Imp begs Hordak to let him press the button as Mantenna goes for a swim And then they both laugh.

But yes Hordak does seem to be concerend about Imp, as I remember there was a ep where Hordak showed concern for Imp's safety, the others he couldn't care less lol
    I like the episode where Skeletor took over Hordak and the Fright Zone. Hordak's men (with exception of Shadow Weaver, who was trapped along with Hordak in one of Skeletor's prisons) welcomed BoneHead with open arms. One of the reasons they did was the fact that they now could torture Imp at their whim, pleasure, and beckon call.

Imp defended Hordak, saying, "Listen to him (Skeletor). He's nothing at all like Hordak." Ah, but Hordak is away so let the beatings begin!

Quote Originally Posted by sikkbones

My wife, to this day, badly wants a plush Cringer.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

i would love to have my son an orko that he could play with seeing how he's only 1 1/3.. but for now i stick with care bears.... mattel anyone listening...

Quote Originally Posted by darksider
    I like the episode where Skeletor took over Hordak and the Fright Zone. Hordak's men (with exception of Shadow Weaver, who was trapped along with Hordak in one of Skeletor's prisons) welcomed BoneHead with open arms. One of the reasons they did was the fact that they now could torture Imp at their whim, pleasure, and beckon call.

Imp defended Hordak, saying, "Listen to him (Skeletor). He's nothing at all like Hordak." Ah, but Hordak is away so let the beatings begin!
    Yes I remember that ep I think Skeletor was saying something like "I think I will make Randor my court jester" so something like that.

BUt yeah all of Hordak's followers wanted a peice of Imp

A big fan of Slush Head
    I remember that someone here in the org did a plush Imp and it was amazing. I don't remember who she/he was but the Imp was pro!

I always likened Imp to Salacious Crumb, in a way. He's kinda like Hordak's only companion. Everyone else around him would just as soon turn on him. There's something kinda noble about that.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

A question about Imp and a comment about plush toys.

What was the first ep that Imp appears in, including it's production number? Somebody's gotta know, right?

Second...there were some plush MotU toys made in the '80's, including Orko.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Second...there were some plush MotU toys made in the '80's, including Orko.
    Really? Why have i never seen these?
    I MUST HAVE THEM!

Support Bili the Droid

Imp is here!

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper
    Really? Why have i never seen these?
    I MUST HAVE THEM!
    does anyone have these plushes? i remember a make your own stuffed orko but not a manufactured one. please someone show

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Imp = secretly Horde Prime.... ????

or not...
    ne jabba no badda!

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior
    does anyone have these plushes? i remember a make your own stuffed orko but not a manufactured one. please someone show
    I don't know if it was the "Make Your Own" one or not, but I've run across a stuffed plush Orko a couple of times on eBay. I never owned it myself...would love to though.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Horde World
    Quote Originally Posted by darksider
    We all know that Imp was Hordak's "pet". In one episode he says that Imp is the only person he trusts. Why the deuce is Hordak so attached to the little bugger? He also countered one of his men, saying, "You dare to threaten Imp in my presence?!" Why does he love the little ugly devil so much?
    It's simple. Only Imp is unquestionably loyal to Hordak. Like most cartoon villains of the 80's, the Horde is trecherous. We see such proneness to betrayal in Evil-Lyn (He-man), Starscream (TF), and Shadow Weaver (She-ra). Imp, however, has spent a lifetime cozying up to Hordak and informs Hordak of all the doings of the other minions. I think in Of Shadows and Skulls, Imp says something akin to, "Man, have I got news to tell you. Better get that trap door ready."
    Last edited by Horde World; August 19, 2005 at 02:46pm.