Thread: She-Ra Home Videos

Court Magician

She-Ra Home Videos

I searched the web for a complete list of Home Video Relases for She-ra and I could not find one. So I want to know if anyone knows of all the Home Videos that were made. Now, thats all formats...Laserdisc, Beta, VHS, Video 8 & CED or whatever that RCA disc is called.

Thank You.

Just off the top of my head I think I can say there was no Laserdisc or CED release (if there was someone needs to let me know so I can hunt them down but the CED release barely got out for He-Man and CED as a format died before She-Ra was out), with Laserdisc their MAY be 1 or 2 releases, I highly doubt it though. I think He-Man at best has maybe 2 releases, Laserdisc did not hit real big with animation and was very costly to produce so most companies stuck with VHS for the rental market

As far as Beta and VHS you are going to have 2 sets, a Magic Window/RCA set of volumes and a Golden Book set I think, there were also various storyboard video releases that were not part of the She-Ra animation but just books on tv I guess is what you could call them

There were 12 US Magic Window/RCA releases not counting the Secret of the Sword

You can see them here

http://search.half.ebay.com/she-ra_W...2draQQmZmovies

As for overseas I think some other fans may know more, I know there was a thread around 2003-2004 when I was working on my She-Ra DVD Set but it may be archived now as to what was released across the world to try and track down the best versions

As for DVD the only country to get a complete set of the show as France, throughout a few boxed sets. Downside is (or upside if you speak French) is that it was ONLY in French, no English, Spanish or even subtitles but it was released there last year and this year

Hope that helps some
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I wrote a thread on this a while ago...I'll see if it still exists. If not, guess I'll have to do it again.

Got complete releases for the US, UK, Australia, France, Finland and Germany, plus the odd few from Sweden and Turkey...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    I wrote a thread on this a while ago...I'll see if it still exists. If not, guess I'll have to do it again.

Got complete releases for the US, UK, Australia, France, Finland and Germany, plus the odd few from Sweden and Turkey...
    I never understood why this information isn't available on this site. I would of thought home videos would have been a very important part of peoples He-man and She-ra collections (especially before they started to appear on DVD)

I have the complete lists for U.S. and U.K. She-ra home videos somewhere I think. I pretty sure my list is complete, but it will be interesting to check with the list Alex has!

Alex I can only find the posts you did showing some of the various covers but I knew I remembered someone wrote a list out.

I agree that VHS/Video release should be something we add to the site since we already have most things toy related as well as the magazine and animation cels, my guess would be that nobody has ever really asked Val or anyone else and if they did could in no way provide any information worth putting it but I think between Alex and Busta something could be put together
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Here goes:

USA:

Volume One: The Missing Ax & The Crystal Castle
    Volume Two: The Laughing Dragon & A Talent for Trouble
    Volume Three: Huntara & For Want of a Horse
    Volume Four: The Anxious Apprentice & Unexpected Ally
    Volume Five: Anchors Aloft Parts I and II
    Volume Six: Wild Child
    Volume Seven: Friendship
    Volume Eight: Loo-Kee Lends a Hand
    Volume Nine: Gateway to Trouble
    Volume Ten: The Sea Hawk, Duel at Devlan, Return of the Sea Hawk, The Stone in the Sword, The Reluctant Wizard
    Volume Eleven: The Unicorn King, The Peril of Whispering Woods, The Prisoners of Beast Island, My Friend My Enemy, A Loss for Words
    Volume Twelve: The Red Knight, The Crown of Knowledge, Three Courageous Hearts, Horde Prime Takes A Holiday, King Miro's Journey

There was another release of Shera Makes A Promise from season two, but just one in this series - even though it was labelled 'Volume One'...

The Secret of the Sword
    A Christmas Special

***Don't make back-to-back posts.
    Please observe the rules of the forum about this. Thanks!***
    Last edited by Scorpia; August 31, 2005 at 05:53am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Court Magician

Thank You

Well, thank you for the replies.

I actually own a Magic Window She-Ra VHS tape.

It's sitting right here in my lap.

However, it doesnt match Scorpia's list.

She-Ra:Princess of Power Volume 2 "The Laughing Dragon" & "A Talent For Trouble."

Here's the episode write ups on the back cover:

The Laughing Dragon: Wow! A huge, yellow-eyed dragon has emerged from an ancient well and he's wrecking the town. But wait - this dragon's afraid of everything! She-Ra promises to help, but the draton's alredy busy earning his courage fighting Hordak, Leech, and Man-Tenna.

A Talent For Trouble: Orko's been zapped to Etheria and he and Madame Razz have been captured by Hordak! Can the power of She-Ra save them? WIll Madame Razz and Orko ever stop getting in trouble? This episode features a special guest appearance by He-Man, She-Ra's twin brother!

On, Swift Wind! For the honor of Grayskull!

Length Approx: 45 minutes

Oh I can stop typing now I guess.....

But Talent forgot the most important part--The Sorceress is also in the ep!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    However, it doesnt match Scorpia's list.
    Slightly confused...what in that doesn't match the list? Those are the exact episodes I said...

oops sorry Scorpia, you're right! Chalk it up to a brain cramp! I have no idea what I was thinking.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Video 8

Hi,
    She-ra was also released on Video 8, the 8mm tape cassette used on analog Sony Camcorders.

I have volume 1 on Video 8. I think this volume was the only one released but I also have He-man vol 1 and 2 on Video 8.

PAPU
    Elder Protector
    of Castle Grayskull
    -----------

PrinceAdam27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak81
    I searched the web for a complete list of Home Video Relases for She-ra and I could not find one. So I want to know if anyone knows of all the Home Videos that were made. Now, thats all formats...Laserdisc, Beta, VHS, Video 8 & CED or whatever that RCA disc is called.

Thank You.
    The only thing I've been lucky enough to find was "The Secret of the Sword" movie that introduced us to She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam27
    The only thing I've been lucky enough to find was "The Secret of the Sword" movie that introduced us to She-Ra.
    I have volumes 1 & 2 that I'm looking to get rid of if you are interested. Let me know.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

cyberfugue
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu
    Alex I can only find the posts you did showing some of the various covers but I knew I remembered someone wrote a list out.

I agree that VHS/Video release should be something we add to the site since we already have most things toy related as well as the magazine and animation cels, my guess would be that nobody has ever really asked Val or anyone else and if they did could in no way provide any information worth putting it but I think between Alex and Busta something could be put together
    If high-res cover scans are needed, I have a bunch of them from the home videos (not all, but a lot).

Widget
    Hello everybody,

For those who believe there are no She-Ra laserdiscs: I have one!

It was released in 1985 in The Netherlands. There are two stories on the disc; both in Dutch.

I guess it is pretty rare and it still is in very good shape.

Here is a picture of it (I do have more pics in case people want to see more of it )

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Suba...tml?sort=3&o=6

http://aijaa.com/N9et3Z
    http://aijaa.com/NsuczA

*rude word comes here* I must really stop making claims of having anything. Now THAT showed up...a Finnish version of the Children's Video Library VHS. Goddess only knows how many of those exist in Finnish, or if this is an odd one out.
    Last edited by pH6; July 17, 2013 at 01:41pm. Reason: front cover
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

here are some more LDs
    USER-LD_zps8f6e7be7.jpg