Thread: BCI Eclipse MOTU Season 1 Volume 1 DVD Q&A - Post your questions here!

BCI Eclipse MOTU Season 1 Volume 1 DVD Q&A - Post your questions here!

BCI's Greg Glass, Senior VP and Jeff Hayne, Director of Acquisitions will be fielding any and all questions you may have about the Classic MOTU DVD for Season 1 Volume 1.

Have questions that were unanswered in the past?
    Curious about something in particular about the DVD?
    Ask it here!

They will answer your questions some time the week of September 5th.

And please oh please, be sure to read through the questions and answers from the previous Q&A!
    Click here to check that out.
    You'll be doing everyone a favor.

1) One blurb stated deleted scenes would be featured - is there more than just that scene from Diamond Ray of Disappearance?

...actually, that's all for now.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

1. Have you gottent he permission from Entertainment Rights to use any footage from "The Greatest Adventures of All" of the Sorceress narrating the viewer into the episodes "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance", "Teela's Quest" and "Colossor Awakes". Seeing as these episodes are in the first volume adding that from an old VHS-copy would be great.

2. Can we expect more classic commercials for the cartoon-show on boxsets?

3. Will the Orko-commercial bumpers be added as an extra feature from old VHS-copies to this volume, or possibly later?

4. Have you added the original airdates for the episodes to the menus on the discs?

Widget

Is Roger Sweet on the DVDs?

Will Roger Sweet or any of the other people who worked on the toyline be interviewed on this DVD set or others planned for the future? Since he recently wrote a book called Mastering the Universe about his experience with the toyline, it would be interesting to see an interview with him.

Also, will there be any discussions in this DVD set or the future ones about why the original minicomics that came with the figures were so different than what appeared on the cartoon? (For example, there was no Orko or a secret identity for He-Man in these stories.)

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the fans' questions!

Not really about season 1 volume 1 but just a general question. Any chance a special feature in the future could possibly be fan art? I know some dvd's have artwork that you can scroll through as a feature on the dvd, it might be neat to get submissions from fans and have the best be used in a special feature like that.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34
    Not really about season 1 volume 1 but just a general question. Any chance a special feature in the future could possibly be fan art? I know some dvd's have artwork that you can scroll through as a feature on the dvd, it might be neat to get submissions from fans and have the best be used in a special feature like that.
    I must say, and this is nothing personal because a lot of the fan art is *incredible*, but I wouldn't want this. They had this on the UK DVDs and I just feel it cheapened the DVDs. Almost like they'd run out of ideas for bonus features... There's plenty of other footage they can use - I pray they don't go down this path.

*Gets ready for the backlash*
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    I just feel it cheapened the DVDs. Almost like they'd run out of ideas for bonus features...
    It may seem that way, because it was a smaller production in comparison to the US-releases. So if you have a UK DVD with some 3 special features and one of them is "fan-art", then yes it may seem like it's there as an after-thought, but in a US DVD with 8 special features, one fan-art section won't cheapen the whole deal when you have so much goodies coming in there.

Will there be any chance that maybe we could see Pictures of the cast and production crew behind the scenes of the show? Thanks!

Would you ever consider signed (admittedly printed) pictures from some of the cast? Having Lou Scheimers signature on a picture of Trap Jaw or John Erwins signature on a picture of He-man would be excellent - even if it was a purely in a slideshow on the DVD?

Obviously, you'd have to get the signatures in the first place but this would be something I would love to have ... all the way back to the 80s!!!

Any updates on getting Mattel "on board" regarding the toy commercials and the 2002 MotU cartoon and other things (mentioned in the previous Q&A) that requires their permission, cooperation and support???
    Last edited by Rioblast; August 29, 2005 at 05:54pm.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Two-Good
    I got a couple questions.

1. Are the episodes being organized by air date order, or production order?

2. Is the Christmas special still coming out this Christmas?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka
    "fan-art", then yes it may seem like it's there as an after-thought
    In our defence, fan-art is sort of a traditional feature on British Sci-Fi dvds, a way of thanking the fans and allowing them to partake.

On to the question! Will the "10 Best Episodes" dvd be released over here in the UK?

See ya later, He-Fans! Be good to each other.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Could it be possible to see Filmation's early MOTU ads? The ones they did for Mattel?

I would like hear the answer as to why Filmation changed some of the toy designs in the cartoon ( like Clawful, Tung Lashor, Evil Lyn just to name a few). Could this be added to the specials?

Thanks!

If John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer never get interviewed for the dvd's will it be possible to get ahold of BBC and put the I Love 1983 Segment on the dvds because it has Alan Oppenheimer and Lou Schiemer talking about the show and I think it would be neat to see!

HeManFanDownUnder
    Will it be released internationally ?

(I assume it would since the "10 best of" MOTU dvd was released here in Australia this week)

What other regions/countries are you aiming to release the dvd in ?

How far apart would the release of the dvd be, from country to country ?
    (it probably will depend on the distributor depending on the country, just thought i'd have a stab at asking).

Cheers & Thanks

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    1) Would it be possible at this time for you to provide us with a release schedule for Season 1 Part 2, Season 2 Part 1, & Season 2 Part 2.

2) Would it be possible for you to tell us when we might see The New Adventures of He Man released, & in what format (ie 1 box set or 2).

3) This is a little off topic but could you tell us if you have any plans to release the following Filmation titles;

Ghostbusters

She Ra

Tarzan

Thank you for your time & have a pleasant day.
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Bang your head!!!
    I know this may seem like a long shot but here we go.

Will there be an option with the audio? (English, French, Spanish? And another cool feature that I would like to see (or hear) would be either just the soundtrack and or the voice overs...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Hey,

Here's a question. Any idea which stores will be carrying the slipcase DVD box set with picture spine and which ones will be carrying the ultra-slim DVD box set?

I've ordered mine from Amazon.com and I'm hoping to receive the slipcase DVD box set from there? Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matty-lad

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179
    I know this may seem like a long shot but here we go.

Will there be an option with the audio? (English, French, Spanish? And another cool feature that I would like to see (or hear) would be either just the soundtrack and or the voice overs...
    This kind of relates to that question - I'd love to see a 'He-Man from Around the World' segment. Could be a fun feature - He-Man saying "I Have the Power" in loads of different languages. It's something Disney did which was a bit of fun.

Court Magician
    Is there an update on the "Possibility" of a Soundtrack release of the MOTU background music by Haim Saban & Shuki Levy? If it were to happen, would it be an extra on the DVD, an in store release or a bonus disc packaged with one of the boxsets? As a side note, option 3 is the preferred method.

Thanks for your time!
    I Am SKELETOR, Overlord Of Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor Eternos
    Is there an update on the "Possibility" of a Soundtrack release of the MOTU background music by Haim Saban & Shuki Levy? If it were to happen, would it be an extra on the DVD, an in store release or a bonus disc packaged with one of the boxsets? As a side note, option 3 is the preferred method.

Thanks for your time!
    That could be quite difficult as BMG has the music/soundtrack licence.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179
    another cool feature that I would like to see (or hear) would be either just the soundtrack and or the voice overs...
    I thought they couldn't do a 5.1 stereo-sound because they don't have the voice-work on a separate track to the soundtrack....

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia
    This kind of relates to that question - I'd love to see a 'He-Man from Around the World' segment. Could be a fun feature - He-Man saying "I Have the Power" in loads of different languages. It's something Disney did which was a bit of fun.
    I second this. I could easily provide a sound-clip from my tapes of the Finnish He-Man saying those words, should there be any needing for it.