Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Kyber Crystal of Eternia, A MOTU action figure adventure!

Heroic Warrior
    Groovy! I'm enjoying it!
    ne jabba no badda!

A big fan of Slush Head
    This is really cool!! I can't wait to read more!!

That Spider Guy
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe after this is over the Masters should have a little talk with Bravestarr for not paying close attention to guarding the Kyber Crystal. Does Hellspont know the Sorceress took his ball of blue fire???

But seriously, it's coming out great. The lighting effect is the coolest. Keep it up!!!

Heroic Warrior
    And so it continues.... gee this story just keeps growing! I thought of doing 12 panels, but we're now at 44 and still going.

Ahh what sharp eyes you have spider guy for spotting the kerium nugget and Helspont's orb heh heh.

Last edited by dinorider; September 8, 2005 at 05:25am.

Heroic Warrior

To be continued.....

Heroic Warrior
    I just noticed something, Look at Man-At-Arm's eyes and facial expression on panel 47. He's looking at the orb and the frown is just perfect for what he must be feeling. See? who says action figures can't act? And I didn't digitally manipulate his face in any way!

I arrived at that shot by luck, I reviewed the shot after I shot it and was pleasently surprised by the result.

Hurry, you two! RAM MAN is in grave danger!!! Oh my God, DUNCAN and STRATOS, HURRY!!

I'm serious... I'm seriously into this. Congratulations on the most creative thread in the boards. I love every single shot of SNAKE MOUNTAIN; it just looks.... BEAUTIFUL.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    trust me, I'm having as much fun doing this as you guys are reading it! But it takes alot of time. Over the last week, I've been spending every bit of free time I have on this. I think I need to go do the dishes and laundry now... heh heh.

Vahn: I noticed your profile. I am also a trained film maker, attended film school. But am now a magazine journalist. I do my very best to import lighting techniques and camera angles into the miniature world.

Anyway while I'm taking a break from setting up shots, here's some of the things I try to incorporate into the story: I've tried to blend the early 'Barbarian/Conan He-Man' aspects with the Filmation elements. Notice there's no Prince Adam, I don't outright deny his existence, I just don't show the character! It's more grown-up while keeping the basic filmation story elements. This Skeletor thinks nothing of killing his enemies!

I try to bring as much of the toys into this, notice with Snake Mountain I made full use of the shackles, gates, bridge, even the stickers inside the playset, But there's more to come.. heh heh heh. I also sprinkle the toy literature liberally throughout the narrative. Notice Skeletor is referred to as the Lord of Destruction, Snake Mountain is the Stronghold of Evil and Stratos is the Winged Warrior. Where did these terms come from? Look at your cardbacks.

I'm not satisfied with some of the shots, I may go back and rework them, dropping in backgrounds where there are none (Star Wars special edition anyone hehe). But that will be after finish the story...
    Last edited by dinorider; September 8, 2005 at 12:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dinorider
    I just noticed something, Look at Man-At-Arm's eyes and facial expression on panel 47. He's looking at the orb and the frown is just perfect for what he must be feeling. See? who says action figures can't act? And I didn't digitally manipulate his face in any way!

I arrived at that shot by luck, I reviewed the shot after I shot it and was pleasently surprised by the result.

Heh, but it also looks like he's distrustful of Stratos. Then again, I may be as well. Weird flying monkey.

Anywho, you're doing a fantastic job, it's got a very strong Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serial feel to it (Which I assume is intentional), and I like that you're using the "toy mythos" for this story.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    my god you did a fantastic job. A+++ the angles, the lighting, each moment captured. i love it i really appreciate the work

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Please give more!!! This is too good!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

BRILLIANT!!!

GIVE ME MORE!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Guys, if you want to see it in a continuous slideshow thingy, I've put it up here:

http://lioneleternia.fotopic.net/c683934.html

I will continue to update both the thread and the gallery simultaneously as new episodes roll out.

Meanwhile, put on you MOTU soundtrack mp3s in the background and enjoy show. If you don't have them find it here:

http://www.evilhorde.de/
    go to 'downloads' -> 'sounds' -> 'classic motu icon' -> they're all there
    track '12 OST Snake Mountain' seems to go well with this!
    Last edited by dinorider; September 9, 2005 at 02:07am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Very creative and entertaining dude!! Awesome I keep checking this thread every second! Love all the pics and angles!

Heroic Warrior
    And so we continue...

to be continued!!!

Excellent!
    I love the shot with Skeletor looking at MAA and Stratos through his staff. Very cool.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Heroic Warrior
    Great stuff
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the compliments! And so we continue with the tale...

Heroic Warrior

to be continued...

Help spread the word guys and gals, show your friends and family!

It might be a little easier to view them here:
    http://lioneleternia.fotopic.net/c683934.html
    Last edited by dinorider; September 10, 2005 at 02:53am.

A big fan of Slush Head
    You know something I love about this? I love how you make the tiny Snake Mountain playset look huge. Your work is awesome!!

Will there be another story after this one dinorider?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock
    You know something I love about this? I love how you make the tiny Snake Mountain playset look huge. Your work is awesome!!

Will there be another story after this one dinorider?
    photographing Snake Mountain is all about angles and lights Mikey

It does take a lot of effort, but I am hampered by the lack of characters, especially since I don't own Evil-Lyn and Mer-man. Am toying about Hordak returning to Snake Mountain for the next story, but that will be later...

I wish I could do stuff like 'the birth of skeletor' detailing how Keldor becomes Skeletor or 'the origin of the sorceress' type of stuff! but I don't own an army of extras, and am trying to use as much 'official' motu toys as possible.

Very nice!! I'm lovin' it!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

more! more! more!
    Excellent job

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by dinorider
    photographing Snake Mountain is all about angles and lights Mikey

It does take a lot of effort, but I am hampered by the lack of characters, especially since I don't own Evil-Lyn and Mer-man. Am toying about Hordak returning to Snake Mountain for the next story, but that will be later...

I wish I could do stuff like 'the birth of skeletor' detailing how Keldor becomes Skeletor or 'the origin of the sorceress' type of stuff! but I don't own an army of extras, and am trying to use as much 'official' motu toys as possible.

You are doing an excellent job,keep it up dude and thanks for making this thread so entertaining!

Heroic Warrior
    edit: go back to page one, there's a new establishing shot of snake mountain added to the beginning of the story...

meanwhile...