Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tour of Eternia #7: Sorceresses of Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    Me didn't?? POST it, please.
    Sorry, no can do.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Whoa!

That Adora and He-Ro look awesome...not too sure about the color scheme of "classic" sorceress though. I like the new one alot.

And since we're talking about how we think MOTU fits together, my belief is that the Green Goddess is King Grayskull's mother, and that she took the form of a mortal woman and mated with the chief of the Jungle Tribe, gave birth to the future king, and then left her husband. KG grew up and then had all the adventures that we saw in the early mini-comics, but with Veena instead of Teela, etc.

He-Ro I'm not sure about, but I was leaning toward having him be not connected to the Power of Grayskull, but rather a mighty mage from another time who appeared in Pre-Eternia's time of need, gifted with powerful magics. He takes up the role of champion of Grayskull and is bestowed the crest of He-Man as a reward for saving the Castle from some grave threat. I was thinking being seperated from the "Power of Grayskull" would help diversify the characters, and I liked thinking of He-Ro as that Gandalf/Merlin/Pug type of character to He-Man's Arthur/Conan archtype.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena
    Hmmm, wrong Divs, you saw that one I did about a year and a half ago where she was sportin' a skirt.
    Ummmmmmm. I knew that.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

That's some groovey artwork gbagok man! I'd love to see some of your takes on Evil Lyn or He-man.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR
    The Enchantress is also very cool, I get the sense she could be Teelana's sister and would make a really cool evil Lyn replacement (I mean c'mon, how many times is skeletor going to but up with that traitorous witch?!?)
    Wicked sister, huh?

It's almost a throwback to "I Dream of Jeannie".

Lovin' all your Sorceresses (Teela-Na and Koduc Ungul/Ungore/Whatever-her-name-is are my favorites. )

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    wow they are really nice

Evil Renegade Time Lord TheMaster's Avatar
    Wow those all look awsome
    help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis

May is now National Cystic Fibrosis awareness Month

Inside the Sun lives the Ice People and Inside the Freezer lives the Fire Daemons!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG
    BOING! I just got wood over these!

TOO ... MUCH ... INFO!

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984
    just a thought but did you ever think of trying different types of animals for different sorceresses? maybe each sorceress has their own animal costume they wear. Like teelana is a falcon and when teela becomes sorceress she has the snake costume and maybe other animals could be cool as well.
    It may well be a tradition (In TOS, Kuduk Ungol was a falcon as well.)
    Last edited by Mirage; November 2, 2005 at 11:43am.

Wow.

'Nuff said.
    RogueLeBeau

Proud member of CHICKS OF FANFIC

I'm a CHICK-A-DEE!

Please read and review my story Forever Changed! Thanx a bunch!

wow. I haven't been on the boards in ages; glad i decided to check in this evening! these are phenominal!!

" Sorceress of Night " evil-lyn4ever's Avatar
    I really like these pics, its great to see a updated version of "Enchantress". I always thought she was a interesting character, that need more focusing on.
    "Evil Lyn Sorceress of Night."

Wow, the Sorceress is one of my very, very, very favorite characters. Great work!

These pics rule it.

Man I am still glad I come around here.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok

Oz-Scott, I've drawn Adora several times, but never in a way that I'm satisfied with. Here's the one I put into Rook's Redesign Challenge.
    Wow! Thanks for showing me your take on Adora! (Sorry it's taken me a while to find your reply). I like her!

Scott
    "I find the movie "Annie" totally unbelievable. Given the option, who would adopt a ranga?"

Mean-Girls.org
    Are you a "Plastic"?

Treat your customers with respect, NO MORE PAINTED BLACK PLASTIC MATTEL!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok

OMG!!! How is it that I missed this the first go round?!?! amazing work as always gbagok!!!!!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Great!!!!

Very intresting and art is fantastic. Do you know, that has Evil-lyn a mother?

Movie mayhem!
    I love looking through this thread and art... so amazing.

Oh wow, this takes me back. Thanks, Patreek! I'm not so happy with some of these now. I just did a new sorceress pic that I think turned out much better.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn167 View Post
    Very intresting and art is fantastic. Do you know, that has Evil-lyn a mother?
    Thanks! I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Evil-Lyn's mother. I'm sure she has a mother, but I've never thought about drawing her or anything. I did imagine a character who would be her grandmother in King Grayskull's time (since her dad was from so long ago according to the MVC comics Vol 3). I also have a story about Lyn's upbringing...but that's part of that Book of Evil story Iceman and I are still slaving away at.

Movie mayhem!
    Can we see this new sorceress? This seems like a good thread to present her in ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now looking to the future, I've been wondering for a while about Teela as a Sorceress. Divia asked me about it, and I had honestly never thought about it. I don't think she should simply have the snake armor (especially since that's the Goddess now). So I drew her to look even more ceremonial and untouchable than her mother--the idea being that she is giving up her life and freedom to play the part of the sorceress, just like her mother did.

Then I thought about why Teela cannot know about her destiny, and I decided that it must real dangerous for a potential sorceress to try using her powers. That made me think perhaps there have been some evil sorceresses, and naturally the Enchantress seemed like the perfect fit for that.

And finally I also did this version of the NA Sorceress, based on her appearance in the mini comics. I always thought she wasn't the original sorceress, but someone from the future, and possibly a descendant of Teela and Adam.
    All of the artwork in this thread is outstanding, but my personal favorite is the one of Teela as a Sorceress. The redesign of Adora, however, is a box with an X on it.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Widget
    THis is beautiful work. Some of these characters I've never seen before. I especially like the one about Teela as the future - even the original toon did an episode where she had to step in for the sorceress. Giving her life? Are you sure because Veena was married to King Grayskull - hinting at this only if Adam and Teela do end up together.

This chick here:

looks like she'd be rolling with the Snakemen instead, which is why I've always wondered, even as a kid during the original toy run, why Teela had snake-like garbs.......

p.s. who is this:

and what did she appear in?

I always loved the designs. THe Teela one is my fav because no one ever tackled it before.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

These drawings are beautiful, I love the colors.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Very beautiful artworks!!!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Awesome pics!!