Thread: Coda

Threaded View

Coda

Coda

Chapter One

Disclaimer: "He-Man and The Masters of the Universe", their characters, and concepts are the property of Mattel and Hallmark.

A/N: The Original MOTU(`83) ended without Teela ever finding out who her mother was. After seeing "Teela's Triumph", I thought that the ending was open to interpretation. IMO, I felt that this particular story arc deserved a better resolution.

This story takes place a few weeks after "Teela's Triumph".

---------------------------

"Checkmate!" cried Prince Adam in triumph. A game of 3-Dimensional chess sat on the table between him and Teela. A dozing Cringar lay on the floor underneath the table.

"Hunh … Wha' ?" grunted a distracted Teela in reply.

"Well, that's three in a row for me," said Adam with glee.

"Oh." Teela looked downcast towards the floor.

"Teela, are you all right?" asked Adam, concerned. "Normally, you wipe the floor with me in 3-D chess."

"I'm fine," said Teela.

"Is something wrong?" said Adam. "You hardly touched your food at breakfast this morning."

"I'm FINE!" Teela snapped. At this, Cringar suddenly jerked awake, knocking over the 3-D chess set on the table. "Sorry," Teela then said apologetically. "I didn't sleep last night."

Or the night before that … or the night before that … or the night before that, Adam thought. I could hear her pacing all night upstairs.

"I … really should go," said Teela. "I … have some work to do." She then turned and left the room.

"What's eating HER?" Cringar asked. Adam only shrugged his shoulders and shook his head in reply.

----------------------------

"Your Highnesses wished to see me?" asked Teela. She was standing in the Throne Room before King Randor and Queen Marlena.

"What troubles you, Teela?" asked King Randor.

" 'Troubles' ?" asked Teela quizzically, her eyebrows narrowed in puzzlement. "I'm afraid I don't understand, Your Highness."

"You've hardly eaten at all in four days," Queen Marlena replied for her husband. "And we've heard reports of your spending these past four nights pacing back and forth in your room."

"With all due respect, I really have no desire to bore Your Highnesses with the trivial details of my personal life…"

"Teela, you're as close as a daughter to us," said Queen Marlena. "What troubles you, child?"

Teela sighed. "Well … it's about my mother," she said. "As Your Highnesses know, I've been searching for her." Teela paused. "I … really haven't been having much luck," she said dejectedly.

"I'm sure you'll find her, Teela," said King Randor.

"Sometimes, these things just take time," said Queen Marlena.

"I hope so, Your Highnesses," said Teela. "I hope so."

-----------------------------

So close … and yet, it seems like she's a million miles away, Teela thought as she stared out over the balcony and into the starry Eternian night. The Sorceress gave me a clue -- a MAJOR clue. Teela rested her elbows on the balcony railing. As much as I appreciate the hint, it still doesn't answer the question of one, WHO is my mother and two, WHERE she is now. Teela paused. I know now what I must do.
    Last edited by Mirage; September 27, 2005 at 11:25pm.