View Poll Results: What did you use you'r Scareglow as

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • A powerful or ghost version of Skeletor

21 20.19%
  • A henchman for Skeletor

83 79.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost or Henchmen? A poll of Scareglow.

méchant étranger spatial RazzyKowl's Avatar

Ghost or Henchmen? A poll of Scareglow.

Ok. So my cousin Rory and I were playing wiht my MOTU figures and I decided to be Scareglow. Before We started to play she asked me who he was. I kinda sat there for a second and I replied "I think he is a higher being of Skeletor". She disagreed and said "No, he is a henchman to him, I read it". So we argued for a couple minutes and then began to play. Here is my question.

Did any of you use Scareglow as a more powerful version of Skeletor or a henchman for him? I personally like him as a Skeletor but thats just me. And Rory is just a pain (sometimes). I know about the whole story behind him and that most fans want to know if he is Skeletor or not. But I am just looking to see how many of you actually LIKE him as a Skeletor and which don't.

Thanks
    I got almost all the toys I want....almost.

In Memory of Dixie Cooney Martin

February 3, 1962-January 30, 2007

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Yer new here, so you probably don't know..

This was debated back and forth for years, until at last someone got ahold of the Mattel Style guide that they sent to people who wanted to licence MOTU for their products. In that guide, it clearly states that he is just a henchman, not a ghost, not a future Skeletor.

When the package describes him as the Ghost of Skeletor, it is meant as "A ghost who works for Skeletor," not "the disembodied spirit of Skeletor."

That was from Mattel, and hence, official and canon.

Dr. Ω

Just a regular henchman of course.

If you read the "Search for Keldor" minicomic you cannot possible mix the character up with Skeletor's spirit
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ Sl@yer (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Oh for Pete's sake, this is still being discussed?

Listen, Panthor is the evil panther of Skeletor - but would you confuse that for Skeletor somehow having become a big cat? NO!! Of COURSE you wouldn't!! And moreover, Faker is the evil robot of Skeletor - but has Skeletor EVER BEEN A ROBOT??!

NnNnNnnnnNNOoooooOoOoooOOOOooOoOoOoooo!!!!!

Please, for those who still think Scare Glow is Skeletor himself as a ghost, I suggest you get a clue.

Well, in any case I just play with him an any way. I spent too much cash for him to just go to waste. I guess I just have to admit defeat to Rory. EVen though it kills me. But she knows I'm still right in the Pumkin vs New York case (if any of y'all watch Flavor of Love).

WHAHAHA I love whenever this rears its ugly head.

Style-Guide be darned, as fans we can draw the lines of canon wherever we like.

The English language is SOOOOO sloppy, these little semantic details can make all the difference.

If you take toy-packaging as ultimate canon,and want to read it in a given way, then yeah, SG can be Skeley's undead form, whether the broader fandom likes it or not. RazzyKowl, you enjoy your uber-powered-Skeletor all you like! And double kudos for playing with your toys!

At the end of the day, this universe has sooooo little consistancy in its continuity, I do not understand why this little detail creates such ire among the fandom. There's room for both notions. Just tell your inner-geek to shoosh if it bothers you that someone out there thinks Scareglow and Skeletor are intertwined beings

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Powers of Preternia Podcast Video Series
    http://www.youtube.com/user/destrong...s?feature=mhum

I always thought that the idea of Scareglow being like Skeley in the future after he's been transformed even MORE by dark magic... perhaps killed and returned, ala Jedi Ghosts, only more substantial. And at the same time, in other continuities, I think it works best as another being entirly. Depends on what I'm in the mood for. MOTU is split up so bloody much. If we were to accept only one source as canon, we'd be stuck with Fisto as Teela's father! And none of us want that, I hope.

BUT let's not get this old nut started again. In the words of Yukon Cornelius, the greatest prospector in the north, "You eat what you like, and I'll eat what I like!"
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I always liked him as his own man. Separate from ol' Skelly.

Hey! We need a Scareglow-smiley!

You can always immagine it as such, that in the dimension that he comes from, he's their equivalent of Skelly, without actually being Skelly. A bit like DC comics did with some of their superheroes, like Flash of Earth-1 and Earth-2.
    Last edited by Predabot; May 13, 2007 at 11:42am.

Heroic Warrior
    Henchman.

Well he can't possibly be Skeletor's spirit, because as far as I know, Skeletor has never died. He'd have to be a henchman.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Deja vu. This one pops up about every three months minimum. (cough).

Anyway, I like to think that there are possible ghost of Skelly connections, but somehow his powers have been reduced for him to pretty much qualify as a general henchman.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus View Post
    WHAHAHA I love whenever this rears its ugly head.

If you take toy-packaging as ultimate canon,and want to read it in a given way, then yeah, SG can be Skeley's undead form, whether the broader fandom likes it or not. RazzyKowl, you enjoy your uber-powered-Skeletor all you like! And double kudos for playing with your toys!

D/L
    Thank you! I always liked the idea of a powerful Skelly like in the MOTU movie when he...well I'm not sure what he did cause I haven't seen the movie (But I really want to!) but when he turns into "God Like Skeletor". SO I just use SCareglow as a sub godly Skelly.lol. Anyway, I think if the action figure is there and you paid a lot for it then use it however and wherever you want. I encourage kids younger than me to use thier imagination to the fullest and enjoy every minute of that. Yeah it sounds corny but at one point in our lifes we all have used some sort of imagination.

ps.you rock DestrongerLupus!

Evil Henchman of Hordak Louis649's Avatar
    For me Scareglow is just a regular henchman of Skeletor. Even Mattel described Scareglow in one of their MOTU guides as being a plain evil warrior.
    I'm Skeletor, master of evil! All of you should show respect for the awful one.

I am Grizzlor #1 fan!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by discosupafly View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake, this is still being discussed?

Listen, Panthor is the evil panther of Skeletor - but would you confuse that for Skeletor somehow having become a big cat? NO!! Of COURSE you wouldn't!! And moreover, Faker is the evil robot of Skeletor - but has Skeletor EVER BEEN A ROBOT??!

NnNnNnnnnNNOoooooOoOoooOOOOooOoOoOoooo!!!!!

Please, for those who still think Scare Glow is Skeletor himself as a ghost, I suggest you get a clue.

That's what I've been telling people for years!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by RazzyKowl View Post
    Yeah it sounds corny but at one point in our lifes we all have used some sort of imagination.
    Not corny at all. Profound, deep, the entire point of living, in my opnion.

ps.you rock DestrongerLupus!
    Thanks!
    D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

you know when I first saw Scareglow on the toy shelves I thought that he was SOOO cool when I read Evil Ghost of Skeletor I thought to myself - they can't kill off Skeletor!! then I accepted that he was a henchman, they SHOULD have wrote it Ghostly Henchman of Skeletor or Evil Master of Fear and we wouldn't be debating this. but it's fun none the less and yes these are your figures they can be whatever you want them to be.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

One does have to wonder just how much of SG's popularity stems from his confusing little monicker. Yeah he's a pretty cool toy, but he seems a LOT more popular than some of his late-wave fellows.

And before someone says the monicker ISN'T confusing, and that we were just dumb kids, I don't think Perry White was ever referring to "The Ghost in Service of Great Caesar."

D/L

A big fan of Slush Head
    Evil henchman.

I hate that even in the Mini comic "Search ofr Keldor" Scarglow refers to himself as "The evil ghost of Skeletor". I see where they are coming from but there are a lot of people who probably thought that meant "Skeletor's ghost". And the part in the comic where Skeletor summons them from the past and future can aslo further confuse people 'cause of maybe Scarglow being Skeletor's future self. But anyway I think this all could have been avaoided if Mattel would have put "Scareglow, evil ghost hencman" or "Skeletor's ghostly henchman".

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Officially? Henchman.

What I thought when I was a kid? Undead Skeletor, and I stick with that for my own version of the MotUverse.

Ghost! GHOST!

I don't care what the style guide says. It's such a stupid ideas it needs to be real.
    A Postmodern Man For the 21st Century.

I've always said henchmen, but as the years have gone on, I'm not totally opposed to the ghost concept as long as it had a great story attached.

It's MOTU... anything is possible.

My only fear was getting too tied up in time-travel.
    I always thought that made stuff too complicated....except for Back to the Future where that was the whole premise of the story.

I agree - I always thought of him as a henchman, but then I got sort of a cool idea when reading the last volume of the new comic...

When the Faceless One's origin is revealed... the Faceless One just sorta reminded me of Scare Glow - by looks alone... so it would be cool if there were a story attached that had Skeletor or Keldor in an alternate dimension, punished in the past for doing something wrong.. the way the Faceless One was...

but that's a stretch lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    well i never had him as a kid. so my play ventures cant apply but when i saw him i thought he was the ghost skeletor. since he "died" in the movie. but now i often side with the henchman since he knows not of skeletor in the mini. not to say that either is the concrete. mini comic workers have mentioned that they had free reign for the most part.

also early on in motu media it was stated that there was a skeletor from the past that once tried to defeat eternia his name was dyr. this allows for the concept of possession. which again is also mentioned in early media for all other villians that they were "corrupted" by the evil of infintia. i find that to be really weak and was glad to see that washed out.

all this widespread early cannon and the 200x cannon allows for everyone to rationalize their own personal visions.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

I prefer him as a henchmen.

If he's Skeletors ghost, why doesnt he warn his past self of his own doom?
    If he's Super-Skeletor, isnt he risking ruining his own future (never becoming superpowerfull) by interacting with himself in the past?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .