Thread: BBM's Slime pig

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar

BBM's Slime pig

something i skecthed while on my lunch break in college today, BBM orginal character slime pig, its no where near BBMs standard but this guy was really fun to draw

drawn with a 4h pencil then inked with a 0.7,0.2 and illustrator markers

feedback positive or neagtive is most welcome
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Good work. I always feel like I'm harsh on you but I can see you improving.

With this piece, I feel you took a few design directions that I wouldn't have done myself (the teeth), but overall this feels much more like an "the_ultimate_evil" piece than your other works. It just seems to have a bit more personality in the lines that is original instead of your artist inspired works (Joe Mad, etc.)

Good worl TUE...

* I still would like to see some full body poses (don't need dynamics or anything but give them a bit of a twist in the hips so they're body is notfacing straight at us.)
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Heroic Warrior
    That's awesome! It reminds me of Ganon from the Legend of Zelda.

Heroic Warrior Buffalo-Bill-Man's Avatar
    Nice
    He looks like he'd have a more upright "Human" body than my version. More Humanoid than Pig. Looks very evil, almost demon like.
    He'd make a fine addition to the Horde.
    I like where your art is going lately t_u_e.
    There have been noticable improvements.

By the way, I didn't create him, he was a redesign I did from the old She-Ra Cartoon.
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=117919

BBM-
    Last edited by Buffalo-Bill-Man; October 14, 2005 at 09:50am. Reason: added link

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin
    Good work. I always feel like I'm harsh on you but I can see you improving.

With this piece, I feel you took a few design directions that I wouldn't have done myself (the teeth), but overall this feels much more like an "the_ultimate_evil" piece than your other works. It just seems to have a bit more personality in the lines that is original instead of your artist inspired works (Joe Mad, etc.)

Good worl TUE...

* I still would like to see some full body poses (don't need dynamics or anything but give them a bit of a twist in the hips so they're body is notfacing straight at us.)
    thanks man, you've been harsh on me, really?? thats cool i'm only 23 so i've still loads to learn. the whole idea i had with him was to make him as vile and disgusting as possible, a sort of guy even the horde didnt like to have around, when sketching him i could see visions of him preving over catra and entrapta .

i do have a few full body shots roughed out (MOTU and otherwise) but its fidning the time to put into them, you know it is you wat to draw but dont have all that long a time frame

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo-Bill-Man
    Nice
    He looks like he'd have a more upright "Human" body than my version. More Humanoid than Pig. Looks very evil, almost demon like.
    He'd make a fine addition to the Horde.
    I like where your art is going lately t_u_e.
    There have been noticable improvements.

By the way, I didn't create him, he was a redesign I did from the old She-Ra Cartoon.
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=117919

BBM-
    thanks man i really did think you created him, i think it was due to you posting some of your orginal characters around the same time, so i must have got confused. your not the only one to mention the demon likeness my friedn thought eh looked like and orc of some kind. guess it was just one of them things never meant for it to be that way

thanks again to all 3 who replyed, i dont really noticed any improvemnets in my art or any influances really, but for you guys to say there are its means i must be doing something right.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook