Thread: The Return of Lysia

Threaded View

The Return of Lysia

The Return of Lysia

Chapter One

Disclaimer: "He-Man and The Masters of the Universe", their characters, and concepts are the property of Mattel.

A/N: This is a sequel to my earlier story, "The Wedding".

"I want this to HURT," said Lysia. She and Shadow -- an assassin -- were sitting in a dark corner of Mother's, a tavern on the south side of town. The scent of stale beer hung heavy in the air. Winos, sailors, and stevedores lounged about, tankards of beer, wine, and ale in hand.

Lysia sat facing the door -- something she did from force of habit. She was wearing a short black leather dress with a skirt made of black leather straps studded with silver, an antiqued brass bustier gilded with black gold, and a purple silk cape that was attached to her shoulders by a pair of brass claw-shaped epaulets. All of this was in addition to the sword she wore around her waist.

"That can be arranged," Shadow replied. He was a bald, slightly built man in his late thirties who was clad in a black bodysuit.

"Who does he know?" asked Lysia, "he" meaning He-Man. "Who is he close to?"

"He's known to be close to three people in particular," Shadow replied. "The Sorceress of Grayskull…"

"I've had ALL I want out of that witch," Lysia growled. "After what she did to three of my soldiers in The Emerald Forest, my men refuse to go within TEN MILES of Castle Grayskull."

"There's also Man-At-Arms, the Royal Armorer…"

"I want to cut him to the quick," said Lysia. "Who does he LOVE?" Lysia paused. "Anyone?"

"There IS someone," said Shadow. "Teela, Captain of the Guard." Shadow paused. "They're said to be VERY close."

"KILL her," said Lysia icily.

---------------------

"Lysia is on the rampage," said The Sorceress. She and He-Man were huddled over a map at Castle Grayskull. "She's attacked three villages in this region in the past four days." The Sorceress paused. "Strange…"

"What's strange about it?" He-Man asked.

"These people are peasants … people with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Why is she suddenly going after such low-value targets?" The Sorceress paused. "This must be costing her a fortune."

"It doesn't matter," said He-Man. "Those people need our help."

The Sorceress nodded. "Agreed," she said.

He-Man turned to leave. "I'm heading out," he said.

"He-Man, wait!" The Sorceress exclaimed. He-Man turned back around to face her.

"What is it?" He-Man asked, his brows knitted in confusion.

The Sorceress shook her head. "I don't like this," she replied softly. "She's up to something … something I can't quite put my finger on." The Sorceress paused. "The question now is … WHAT?"

"I'll find out when I get there," said He-Man.

The Sorceress nodded once more. "Be careful," she said quietly.
    Last edited by Mirage; October 8, 2005 at 02:35pm.