Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Iceman and Gbagok Present: The Slave City

I like the comparison between Marlena and Lady Jessica. Dune was an awesome story and to draw from that can only do good things for this one. I like your idea of giving more life to Marlena's character. I think there is definite untapped potential in her and your story did a great job of miving in such a direction. Keep it up.
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    I am being torn apart limb from limb. The column I stand on is falling apart too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok
    First, SMP, I’d like you to list the names we created for this story that you think are cornier than Stinkor, Stridor, Spikor, or Man-E-Faces.

I take offense to your ignoring that I drew three distinctly different Repton guards. I’m sorry that I was not anal retentive enough to label “Guard” on the Reptal Rider and the one named only as a “Repton.” Also, those are scales, not lips. And your bias against any potentially human features on a Repton is most distressing.

Fundamentalist propaganda, spread by the power hungry religious fanatics of Serpos who are trying to rewrite history. Your People’s well-documented intolerance of non-snake peoples proves your true nature, as does your persecution of five-toed Reptons. Will you hate on Snake Face for not have a more pronounced snout too? Next you’ll blame Serpos’s numerous defeats on King Hsss and his medallion.

Any feedback at all is welcome by me, but Baena is right: valid criticisms are helpful, but not negativity for the sake of negativity. Complaining about names ending in -OR in a MOTU fan fic just seems silly to me. But sometimes, there is just no accounting for Taste, hence the reason not even the official stuff is liked by all fans.
    1) From what I know from the 1980's He-man (which is very little), the only names I can see are original, yet corny, are Scales and Sala-Man-DOR

2) *le sigh* Wrong images, bud. I have been referring to the pic with all the one guard clones. I also said that they looked like, not are, lips. And Of course I have a bias. I'm a reptile lover. Why else would I choose the name "Snake Men Priest"? Reptilian races have to be at least 51% reptilian to be even considered reptilian, which the Reptons claim to be.

3) Sounds a lot like an organized religion to me.

4) I have been beaten so bad, I can't even answer everything

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor
    I think Snake Men Priest is just trying to be deliberately controversial. The Julie Burchill of the he-man.org forums. Although I respect him as an artist, as I have liked some of his previous works, the comments he has made upon this story are downright irrational and indicate that he is just jealous of the talent of Iceman and Gbagok, as well as the attention they receive. Get over it mate. It is at times people make comments like that, that I well... feel like smashing their face in. Straightforward as that really.
    Wow, I'm being equated to a person I never heard of before. And I can be jealous? I am no artist. I am no storyteller. Those drawings that were claimed to have been done by me were in fact done by others, which I gave credit to. How can I be jealous of someone that can draw like MYP, especially if that's his natural drawing style? I am not jealous whatsoever, especially after reading this.

I think SMP’s points were mostly well intended, and I appreciate his perspective on the devotees of Serpos and all. It’s good to know not all Snake People are devoted to Hsss, as that’s something that comes up in our next story. And I sure hope he can clarify that there are indeed Snake Women!
    Awwwww! I've been so evil to you and Icey. Can you both forgive me? If the Snakies are included in your tour, I'll help you out.

--SMP
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Woah! Im away for the weekend and what happens?
    I am a bit distressed at the type of posts I am reading here. Like I said before, the stuff Gbagok and I post here may not be everyone's cup of tea and they are free to say so... in a constructive manner. This is the case with any art or fan-fic or custom. I appreciate criticism (like Baena said) but not outright complaining (Sorry SMP, but I feel you were doing this) I don't think SMP is jealous or anyting like that... I just think he likes reptiles.... too much...
    Besides, different species of Reptons could have different amount of toes (look at Sloths)

But anyhoo, thanks to those that are enjoying it and thanks to those who read it anyways!
    Last edited by oICEMANo; November 21, 2005 at 06:55am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Sorry for that. Just having fun.
    Don't need too be sorry. I didn't mean you were scary.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior Hordaks Henchman's Avatar

story

i don't know why people complaining here about that amazing story. i think it is one of the greates motu-storys i ever red.

PLEASE WRITE MORE STORYS LIKE THAT.

i can't wait for the next episode.

henchman over and out

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Marlena knowing that Adam is He-man?? You foo! That one was reserved for when he leaves Eternia for the far, far future!
    Well assuming that Adam suddenly drops that bomb on them before leaving home in the new continuity as well, I’d say Marlena plays dumb to prevent Randor from feeling totally lied to by everyone.
    I guess that could work. But only if He-man himself doesn't find out that she knows!

He may be more regal, but he’s still based on a barbarian theme. This felt to me like the ideal alternative to bare-legged He-Man in order to preserve the rugged look we’ve seen on He-Man and King Grayskull so far.
    Blah! I still don't agree on the pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot
    I guess that could work. But only if He-man himself doesn't find out that she knows!

Blah! I still don't agree on the pants!
    Well he caught a chill in that gladiator outfit too.

As regards He-Man not learning about Marlena, I won’t make any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest

1) From what I know from the 1980's He-man (which is very little), the only names I can see are original, yet corny, are Scales and Sala-Man-DOR

2) *le sigh* Wrong images, bud. I have been referring to the pic with all the one guard clones. I also said that they looked like, not are, lips. And Of course I have a bias. I'm a reptile lover. Why else would I choose the name "Snake Men Priest"? Reptilian races have to be at least 51% reptilian to be even considered reptilian, which the Reptons claim to be.

3) Sounds a lot like an organized religion to me.

4) I have been beaten so bad, I can't even answer everything
    --SMP
    1, Scales was a classic character, but Sala-Man-Dor was a name we created (though he’s based on the second Lizard Man). You think it’s cornier than Man-E-Faces? To each his/her own. But it can be shortened to Sal, which seems just as valid as excusing Evil-Lyn for being shortened to Lyn.

2, Ah, well you got me there. Those guys come from an inbred Repton family, that’s why they get stuck with guard duty.

3, Yeah, but you’re a priest, so I thought that was obvious.

4, SMP, you know we love you! And of course the Snake People will be in the Tours of Eternia (provided I’m not hit by a bus tomorrow). The Snake Cult might even drop by.

Heroic Warrior
    Firstly congrats on a great peice of work - the art fantastic, loving the city landscape picture and the group enforcer corps very well done.

And the story was a great read and i thank you for taking the time to do this fo us fans.

I look forward to the next issue/story.

Thanks alot matt/wmx
    "You Must Show No Mercy Nor Have Any Belief, Whatsoever In How Others Judge You, For Your Greatness Will Silence Them All"

It's taken me awhile to get around to reading this story. Your ideas are excellent, and the artwork is beautiful.

That said... Uhh... would you guys want an editor?
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

WoW again! I like this one more than Anwat-Gar and that is much. Characters are well used, story is good, pictures are awesome and story has atmosphere of Eternian mythos.

Few notes:

-Marlena & He-man scene was great. Maybe Marlena knows the secret: in old "contuinity" she said (in second last Star comic, Lifetime #1) that she knows Adams secret. Or maybe she does't kow? Maybe she was just shocked when He-man threads her and Randors life and calls her sons name sameway like someone can call Jesus in big troubles? We are not sure if she knows the secret: we only think so, because we know secret.

-Recycling of oneshot characters was great.

-Book of Evil! Yes! It was great episode and I hope we will (at last) see one stacticon hero in action!

-I have planned to use Liquid of Life and King Hss in my own work, but you were much faster. But the way you used it was great! Kobra Khan makes great role in your adventure.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Heroic Warrior
    GREAT STUFF!!! I really love reading you guys stories, Anwat Gar was top notch and this was just as good if not better. As usual the artwork is amazing...Gargons look incredible and I really like the Targan soldiers/guards, plus how you tied in original Zodac and the new Zodak.

The thing that I really like about Anwat Gar and Slave City is that while reading, it's playing in my mind as the cartoon..if that makes sense?
    Reading Slave City and Anwat Gar just makes me miss the new cartoon that much more...Oh well.

So when is the next story coming? and is it Horde related?

Have you guys ever thought about letting orgers vote on a particular story they would like to read... Maybe a Powers of greyskull story or Great Unrest event.

Anyway, can't wait for the next story!

Awesome stuff guys!
    I know thisis a little off topic, but is there anway you could add Adora into this pic. You'd make me the happiest man on Earth.

Scott

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Best -- He-Man -- Design -- EVER!!!

Wow! If they relaunch the toy series sometime soon... this is the He-Man I would want to see!

[QUOTE=gbagok]He raises the sword and cries “By the Power of Grayskull!!” A bolt of energy engulfs him, blinding everyone in the arena, and stopping the Reptons and Targans from fighting. When the energy blast dissipates, He-Man stands in his regal battle armor, his mind cleared of Lodar’s confusing influence.

QUOTE]
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Looking at that pic of He-Man STILL blows me away. It's awesome, and I'm really picky when it comes to a He-Man variation.

Outstanding work, guys!

And one of my favourite things about this project is how FUN it is!

And believe me when I say Thanks for all the hard work and effort you guys put into doing a project like this.

It's apparent a lot of passion was involved and it looks great!

Good Work!!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Heroic Warrior
    I just finished reading Slave City. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe how consistent you're stories are and how you have been able to keep the "look" of the MYP toon, even when updating characters from the Filmation cartoon and from the classic mini-comics. I look forward to reading your next stories.

If I only had the money to fund such a project...

You guys are really good... I would have loved to have seen each of the episodes ya'll make...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

AWESOME !!!!
    Everything is so great , scenarios , graphics , ideas !!! This totally blows out every things that were done before !!!
    I just have something to say "GIVE US SOME MORE !!!"

Congrats Iceman and gbagok , it's really a great idea what you have done

best regards
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Well I don't know how soon we'll be ready to post the next story, it has a lot of stuff still unfinished and Iceman and I are both busy with work (and life) in the new year. But here's a teaser.

Looks great gbagok! I can see a Snakie hand, An angry He-Man with a soul-less eye (Since it doesn't shine), a dragon-like head, and I see a return of Teela's blade-weapon!

--Asp'r

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest
    Looks great gbagok! I can see a Snakie hand, An angry He-Man with a soul-less eye (Since it doesn't shine), a dragon-like head, and I see a return of Teela's blade-weapon!

--Asp'r
    Very good eye, SMP! You'll be happy to know, there's some pro-Serpos, con-King Hsss sentiments rising among Snake...folk, and the ladies are none too pleased with being out of the picture for so long. Actually a lot of female characters are coming into play with this one.

Very good eye, SMP! You'll be happy to know, there's some pro-Serpos, con-King Hsss sentiments rising among Snake...folk, and the ladies are none too pleased with being out of the picture for so long. Actually a lot of female characters are coming into play with this one.
    Oh? That's very intriguing Can't wait to see that.

Good to hear the females are doing more. I would love to see an all-female storyline.

--Asp'r

A big fan of Slush Head
    I see Majestra, Mailk, Spydor, The collector?, Ice armor Teela!!!

Cool!!

Living in Laker Village Uncle Dorko's Avatar
    Not to sound like a whiny child on a road trip, but is it almost ready yet?
    Last edited by Uncle Dorko; March 23, 2006 at 06:47pm.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Dr. Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dorko
    Not to sound like a whiny child on a road trip, but is it almost ready yet?
    Phew, well.... a few dozen more pics and we're ironing out the plot. Its a big 'un folks! Hopefully in a couple of months time, unfortunatly Ive been really busy lately but Gbagok's on fire...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar