Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty and Valor!

Liberty and Valor!

Well gang, I was going to wait a little while to get moving on it, but I was struck with an explosion of creativity. So, without further ado . . .

"Liberty and Valor - Book One: Hope"

The Fourth in the Destiny Series.

Previously/Prelude is loaded. Chapter One will come later tonight.

Enjoy!

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Chapter One has been locked and loaded!

Kathryn cooks a dinner for Adam's parents.

Shadow Weaver uncovers a great power that could shake the very foundations of Etheria itself!

"Clues of the Past"

~W~
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

Great writing. I am excited to see where you are going with this. I like cliff hangers but don't make the wait too long. The dialogue is excellent by the way...very believable. I was curious. What is the setting in terms of the age for the characters? I saw the timeline but I am still a little confused as to how you envision them. Oh, and who is Kathryn exactly? I am a little embarrased to be asking but I don't remember her character from the previous stories?
    QUIS NOS OPEROR VITA REFERO INFINITIO: WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOS IN ETERNITY

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoman06
    Great writing. I am excited to see where you are going with this. I like cliff hangers but don't make the wait too long. The dialogue is excellent by the way...very believable. I was curious. What is the setting in terms of the age for the characters? I saw the timeline but I am still a little confused as to how you envision them. Oh, and who is Kathryn exactly? I am a little embarrased to be asking but I don't remember her character from the previous stories?
    Excellent questions!

Question the first: Adam and Adora are 21, Teela is 22, SeaHawk is 28, and Kathryn is 20.

Question the second: Kathryn is an original fan-character. She premiered in the previous fanfic, "Just Another Day." She was first introduced in Chapter One of "Book Two: Fellowship" and started a relationship with Adam in Chapter Four and Chapter Five. Their relationship progressed from there. I'm kinda glad you asked, because people that were maybe confused by her character can now know where to find information about her.

Any more questions, feel free to drop 'em. I'll be taking a crack at the next chapter in the next day or two. Thanks for the compliments! Stay tuned!

~W~

Widget
    Thew40,

Just read Chap.1 of your story "Liberty And Valor-Book one: Hope". I have to say, I "think" I see where this story is going, but it is still a bit early.

I have been following this series from the begining. Though I am a Teela&Adam fan, I have to say, I really like your OC Kathryn. So if Teela doesn't not end up with Adam that is ok by me. But if not Teela let him stay with Kathryn.

I also enjoy the fact that Kathryn is in on Adam and Adora's secret and no one except Man-At-Arms And Adora seem to be wise to it.

Oooo! the fireworks that pot can stir up...

Update soon, please.

Quote Originally Posted by teela&adam4ever
    Thew40,

Just read Chap.1 of your story "Liberty And Valor-Book one: Hope". I have to say, I "think" I see where this story is going, but it is still a bit early.
    Indeed it is! Just wait, cuz this story is about to take a very drastic turn. Expect the unexpected.

I have been following this series from the begining. Though I am a Teela&Adam fan, I have to say, I really like your OC Kathryn. So if Teela doesn't not end up with Adam that is ok by me. But if not Teela let him stay with Kathryn.
    That makes me very happy to hear you say that. A lot of T/A shippers attacked me with rocks and very pointy sticks when I stuck a new chicky in there.

I also enjoy the fact that Kathryn is in on Adam and Adora's secret and no one except Man-At-Arms And Adora seem to be wise to it.
    Actually, Queen Marlena is also now aware to her children's dual idenitites, as revealed somewhere in "Prophecy & Change - Book Two: Sundered."

Update soon, please.
    Your wish is my command!

Chapter Two is loaded!

Double-Trouble makes her first appearance.

He-Man and She-Ra assemble a team to intercept Hordak and the Horde!

The secrets (some of them, at least) of Dark-Hope and Light-Hope are revealed!

"Trouble"

Enjoy!

~W~

Great chapter. I am curious what the twist is going to be. I am completely in the dark as to guessing where you are going with this.

Widget
    Interesting twist. More Please...

Court Magician
    I love all of your stories. I can't go over to fanfiction.net anymore, because my computer caught a virus over there.
    Is there another place I can go to read your stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Joy
    I love all of your stories. I can't go over to fanfiction.net anymore, because my computer caught a virus over there.
    Is there another place I can go to read your stories?
    Unfortunately, not at the moment. This coming summer, I'll be launching a website and my fics will be avaliable over there.

~W~

Chapter Three is up and runnin'!

She-Ra, He-Man and the gang race Hordak and co. to the Dark Palace and the powerful, slumbering force of Dark-Hope!

"Crusade"

~W~

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Don't wait to post the next chapter. This is gettin goooooooooooooooood. Are you working on the second book yet in this series?

Chapters four and five have been loaded, finishing off Book One!

She-Ra and He-Man race to stop Hordak from awakening Dark-Hope!

"Slumber"

Also -

She-Ra learns of Hordak's plans . . . and it's not a pretty sight

"Battle Plans"

~W~

I am utterly speechless. This is so awesome. I hope Book II is on its way. You do such an awesome job capturing the essence of ALL the characters. Don't make us wait too long.

Liberty and Valor - Book Two: Resistance has arrived!

From all across Etheria, allies, emissaries, and leaders come to the Whispering Woods and Kingdom Brightmoon to discuss and plan for what will be the beginning of the greatest battle of all!

"The Second Meeting"

~W~

Awesome as usual Where did you come up with all of this stuff? It's great. I especially liked the humor about the table and room. Also, I can't remember from your previous works, does Seahawk know Adora's identity? I thought he discovered it during the series where Dark Cloud was present. Anyway...keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoman06
    Also, I can't remember from your previous works, does Seahawk know Adora's identity? I thought he discovered it during the series where Dark Cloud was present.
    Thanks!

Nope, SeaHawk doesn't know. You might be thinking of "Prophecy & Change," which dealt with the Spirit of Evil. She-Ra considered revealing her identity to SeaHawk then, but decided against it.

SeaHawk wasn't present during the battle against the Dark Cloud.

~W~

Sorry this has taken so long. Life has really gotten in the way lately.

The latest chapter has Hordak beginning to suspect that forces are converging around him.

"Statistical Probabilities"

~W~

Great stuff as usual but did the chapter finished. It seemed to just cut off? I dunno maybe I am just suffering from a lack of fan-fic posts. They are always great to read. Anyway keep up the story.

Yeah, this chapter was a short one. My apologies on that. I've hit a bit of struggle with this fic. This is a sort of "rough spot" for me in the fic, but we should be moving out of this. Basically, this last chapter starts a thread that will be picked up later in a MAJOR WAY.

~W~

Court Magician

Angella's sword

I like the story a lot but i got a qustion? Where did you get the name of Angella's sword? it reminds me from something from Angband.

------
    Uriel, Angel of Fire
    A creature of godly appearance, you dare not challenge Uriel's supremacy.
    Those who stood against him before are but a memory, cremated by his mastery of elemental fire.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalWarrior
    I like the story a lot but i got a qustion? Where did you get the name of Angella's sword? it reminds me from something from Angband.

------
    Uriel, Angel of Fire
    A creature of godly appearance, you dare not challenge Uriel's supremacy.
    Those who stood against him before are but a memory, cremated by his mastery of elemental fire.
    ------
    I'll let my good friend, sometime collaborator, and creator of the Sword of Uriel General Stingrad field this one . . .

~W~

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I got the name from Biblical legend, according to various Apocraphyal books Uriel is the angel in charge of the Cosmos, Thew40 borrowed the sword from my version of Etheria's history. In my version of history, Angella's culture is based on Judeo-Christian theology and so various names of angels, demons, and rites such as baptism and confirmation, and doctrines such redemptions play a key role in her culture.
    Etheria will be mine!

Court Magician
    That's very interesting. The description i post came from the game. And that angel is lethal. Keep burning my equipment.

I'm heading outta town for about two weeks. This story will get a move on soon. See my post in the Dudes of Fanfic for more info.

~W~